Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mullinr2

The whole country is shouting for Tipp and im sick of it. Why are we so disliked? I have a friend from Durrow, and he said that whenever kk fans drove through Durrow after an All Ireland win, that they just slagged Laois and how useless they are. I can only assume it was Ballyraggat people and they are a bit rough anyway!
    Is it just because we have won so much or is it that we are too arrogant about kk hurling for our own good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

mullinr2 wrote: »
    The whole country is shouting for Tipp and im sick of it. Why are we so disliked?
    ...better still, we are feared and respected ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

The whole country is shouting for Tipp and im sick of it. Why are we so disliked? I have a friend from Durrow, and he said that whenever kk fans drove through Durrow after an All Ireland win, that they just slagged Laois and how useless they are. I can only assume it was Ballyraggat people and they are a bit rough anyway!
    Is it just because we have won so much or is it that we are too arrogant about kk hurling for our own good?

I take it as a compliment, it's because we are successful! I live in Galway and the majority of people i speak to and my friends included would like to see Tipp win because their attitude is that we have won enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Its natural for most people to cheer on the team thats won less in recent times. Happens across the globe in all sports.
    Tipp is a big county im sure they'll be plenty on their borders that would see Kilkenny the lesser of two evils lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Why are we so disliked?

Who gives a ****? Last I checked it was a hurling championship, not a popularity contest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

The Sunday Independent newspaper !!!. What can you expect from such a broadsheet paper. Do I need to remind everyone as to this broadsheets origins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I'm from Tipp and I can assure you that nobody I know hates Kilkenny. Of course we want to bate ye out the door (it's sport shur) but the fact the that for the last decade or so KK have been next to unbeatable makes people root for the underdog. Like Jerry Seinfeld said above it's natural.

Don't mistake begrudgery for hatred...

oconnol1 wrote: »
    The Sunday Independent newspaper !!!. What can you expect from such a broadsheet paper. Do I need to remind everyone as to this broadsheets origins.
    Lads will one of ye FFS let us know what the jist of the letter was, we haven't a clue what ye are talking about at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

homestyle wrote: »
    Anyone know if the minors will be brought up to the replay.

I heard not, and if that's true it's very very poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭GFish

oconnol1 wrote: »
    What can you expect from such a broadsheet paper. Do I need to remind everyone as to this broadsheets origins.

That is too funny.

I'm old enough to remember when Tabloid was an insult you could throw at a newspaper. It seems the worm has turned and Broadsheet is now an insult.

I'll be back in a minute when my Ovaltine is ready ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Whiskey Nose 14

Whatever happened to Tommy Conlon? Is it not usually this time of year he surfaces for his annual rant at Kilkenny. The man hasnt been seen or heard from since he called us an introverted county last year

GerB40 wrote: »
    I'm from Tipp and I can assure you that nobody I know hates Kilkenny.
    Don't mistake begrudgery for hatred...

Well said GerB40 - even if you are just a Tipp supporter ;)
    I'll buy you a pint next time you're in KK City.

PS: yes I did say City :)

Lads will one of ye FFS let us know what the jist of the letter was, we haven't a clue what ye are talking about at the moment.

OK, I'll help you - Google is your friend :)

GFish wrote: »
    OK, I'll help you - Google is your friend :)

No it isn't, the letter isn't online from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

listen buddy i remember in 1995 when we were the toast of the country and every one loved us , que three years later and the media are killing us every one hated us and even the bloody referees were blowing up the game 5 minuets in advance for fear we might win another all ireland .............then last year we were once again the lovable county that never wins anything and how lovely it would be to see them win again ............i can assure you i couldnt care less what the people of laois or any other county taught of us last year , and i doubt kilkenny people do either , espicaly when its coming from counties that never seem to win anything themselves

No it isn't, the letter isn't online from what I can see.

OK. I'm very sorry that I can't help you at all.
    Maybe if you tried ... ah, never mind

OK. I'm very sorry that I can't help you at all.
    Maybe if you tried ... ah, never mind

If you suggest buying the Sunday Independent then we won't get along.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

the replay should be on a Sunday at 3.30pm instead of this Saturday thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Well said GerB40 - even if you are just a Tipp supporter ;)
    I'll buy you a pint next time you're in KK City.

PS: yes I did say City :)

When I think of a city I think of New York,London,Bejing,Mumbai, now they are what you call cities.Kilkenny, you would run around i in 20 minutes!In fact AFAOiK,Clonmel has a slightly bigger population.

If you suggest buying the Sunday Independent then we won't get along.

LOL.

I wouldn't suggest you buy a broadsheet. No way José.

I'm with oconnol1
    You can't beat a Tabloid, particularly if it is the Red Top kind.

• Advertisement

When I think of a city I think of New York,London,Bejing,Mumbai, now they are what you call cities.Kilkenny, you would run around i in 20 minutes!In fact AFAOiK,Clonmel has a slightly bigger population.

True. Clonmel is a big - and lovely - town.
    Of course it's not a city; but I wouldn't hold that against it ;)

Come to Kilkenny City next week to see Liam. You'll be very welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Hope you guys can read this attachment.

It should be readable from what I can see.

My mother buys the Indo - Mullinavat educated!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Ignore - this is a WUMmer. He posts a letter from a so-called but bogus KK fan. Just ignore and he'll go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭amber69

piuswal wrote: »

Brilliant bit of **** stirring. I'd be shocked if that was really sent in by a kilkenny person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Aw FFS. That was written by a 10 year old Tipp fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Were you being chased when you did that 20 min run?

Very readable - thanks for the scan and the upload.

That said, I doubt very much if the letter was written by either a KK hurling fan or even a truly neutral Neutral. It smacks very much of a fully paid-up member of the ABK club.

Still, it's a good way to sell newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Are the Sindo being trolled or doing the trolling lol.

unrealtime wrote: »
    Ignore - this is a WUMmer. He posts a letter from a so-called but bogus KK fan. Just ignore and he'll go away.

What?
    He posted a scan of a letter that people have been chatting about here for a while. What's your problem?
    If I ignore you, will you go away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Grats

Are the Sindo being trolled or doing the trolling lol.

Exactly. Only somebody actually working for that paper could manage to get such a letter published. Clearly badly disguised. A bigger joke than the Donegal lad up the tree in Kerry spying! Surely Tommy or Damian could do better!

Mind you the writer ought to be careful what he wishes for in asking Brian Gavin to do his duty! Is he suggesting that Barry Kelly didn't do his duty? He may be on to something here though as the stats show that Tipp over carried on 13 occasions in the drawn match and weren't blown once. Now, should Brian Gavin do his duty Tipp could be in deep deep trouble!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement