Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

ozzyo wrote: »
    I have 2 tickets to the hurling replay that I want to swap for football tickets, anyone know of any clubs that would want to swap?

You could post in the tickets thread sticky.....

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

W/e 5th Oct: M Lyng Motors IHC 1st Round Replay - Emeralds v Young Irelands
    J J Kavanagh & Sons JHC Quarter-Finals
    W/e 12th Oct: St Canices Credit Union SHC 1st Round
    M Lyng Motors IHC Quarter-Finals and Relegation Final

W/e 19th Oct: St Canices Credit Union SHC Quarter-Finals
    J J Kavanagh & Sons JHC Semi-Finals
    W/e 26th Oct: St. Canices Credit Union SHC Relegation Final
    M Lyng Motors IHC Semi-Finals
    J J Kavanagh & Sons JHC Relegation Final
    W/e 2nd Nov: St Canices Credit Union SHC Semi-Finals
    W/e 9th Nov: M Lyng Motors IHC Final
    J J Kavanagh & Sons JHC Final
    W/e 16th Nov: St Canices Credit Union SHC Final
    Leinster IHC away to Kildare/Dublin
    Leinster JHC away to Meath
    W/e 23rd Nov: Leinster SHC away to Dublin/Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mrscat

anyone have any idea how to try and get the €10 child tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

mrscat wrote: »

http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/

Tickets for the All Ireland Final Replay will be distributed to clubs this Friday. Kilkenny GAA would like to advise that we received a very limited supply of Family tickets but we regret that the allocation will not come near to satisfying the requests from families at club level. Please note that tickets for the replay are available through clubs only and there will not be a public sale in Nowlan Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mrscat

ahh thanks, thought they would be v hard to come by

• Advertisement

ahh thanks, thought they would be v hard to come by

You're welcome. I don't recall them being hard to come by in 2012. Don't know why they're so scarce this time tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

citykat wrote: »
    You're welcome. I don't recall them being hard to come by in 2012. Don't know why they're so scarce this time tbh.

Ya i found the exact same actually!! at the drawn match i never noticed so many tickets for sale at cost price (and below cost price) even before the minor started.

unfortunately the contact i have always used is away for a few weeks so i cant ask him (ive been at every final bar 2010 since 1996 including the replays the last 2 years). I wonder will tickets be available on the day around quinns etc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd say there will be no issue picking up tickets on the day to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd say there will be no issue picking up tickets on the day to be honest.

I agree. No problems the first day or the past 3-4 years either. Loads of tickets for sale on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Unfortunately they will be like hens teeth. Unless your a club member I'd say you've no hope sorry.
    I was talking to the lads in the Boro and they said they were only being allocated 40 family/kids tickets.
    The GAA announced that there would be 5000 family/kids tickets available.
    If each club in Kilkenny get 40 with 43 clubs your looking at 1720 tickets.
    Tipp have 74 clubs if they got the same it would be 2960.
    Totalling 4680 and both county boards probably kept some for development squads I'd say.
    I think I heard Kilkenny got a full allocation of 1800 of these tickets.

For the replay the counties and clubs were pretty much told to ask for as much as you want and you'll probably get it. As both counties involved are to get the majority of the tickets. This seems reasonable and fair. The clubs wouldn't allow anyone to order bundles of tickets. The Boro for instance allowed an order for 2 tickets per member which they were confident of getting but you could ask for 2 more but you may or may not get those.

However for the normal AI the clubs are given an allocation. In the Boro there are 400 members give or take a few, they got 220 tickets. So they have to hold a draw for 1 ticket each for half the members. Tullaroan has a little over 100 members and still got the 200 tickets so there members got 2 tickets each I'm not saying Tullaroan are doing anything wrong BTW more power to them, but why are the allocations not made on number of members? Clubs then had to wait for tickets to come back from all over the GAA world to see if they could get the rest of their members tickets.

If the GAA were smart about it they would run the normal AI ticket allocation like they do the replay. The 2,3 or 4 counties involved on the day will be allocated most of the tickets. Any GAA club that wants tickets has to put in an order for tickets and priority is given to the counties involved. If you have a guy in Westmeath or where ever, that wants to go all he has to do is ask his club and he'll probably get a ticketrather than sending tickets to every county and every club in the country just to send them back again. If they want them let them ask for them!

Naturally the demand will come from the counties involved and they will get the majority which they manage to end up with but in a very convoluted way. You also wouldn't have lads trying to swap hurling tickets for football and all that hooha. Another major advantage would be to encourage people to be members of their local club.

Sorry just a bit of a rant!!

• Advertisement

I was talking to the lads in the Boro and they said they were only being allocated 40 family/kids tickets.
    The GAA announced that there would be 5000 family/kids tickets available.
    If each club in Kilkenny get 40 with 43 clubs your looking at 1720 tickets.
    Tipp have 74 clubs if they got the same it would be 2960.
    Totalling 4680 and both county boards probably kept some for development squads.

For the replay the counties and clubs were pretty much told to ask for as much as you want and you'll probably get it. As both counties involved were to get the majority of the tickets. This seems reasonable and fair. The clubs wouldn't allow anyone to order bundles of tickets. The Boro for instance allowed an order for 2 tickets per member which they were confident of getting but you could ask for 2 more but they may or may not get those.

However for the normal AI the clubs are given an allocation. In the Boro there are 400 members give or take a few, they got 220 tickets. So they have to hold a draw for 1 ticket each for half the members. Tullaroan has a little over 100 members and still got the 200 tickets so there members got 2 tickets each. Then they had to wait for tickets to come back from all over the GAA world to see if they could get the rest of their members tickets.

If the GAA were smart about it they would run the normal AI ticket allocation like they do the replay. The 2,3 or 4 counties involved on the day will be allocated most of the tickets. Any GAA club that wants tickets has to put in an order for tickets and priority is given to the counties involved. If you have a guy in Westmeath or where ever that wants to go all he has to do is ask his club and he'll probably get a ticket. Still but your not sending tickets to every county and every club in the country just to send them back again. If they want them let them ask for them.

Naturally the demand will come from the counties involved and they will get the majority which they do anyway but in a very convoluted way. You also wouldn't have lads trying to swap hurling tickets for football and all that hooha. Plus the major advantage would be to encourage people to be members of their local club and if they had more members they could lower some of the membership fees for players and the likes.

Sorry just a bit of a rant!!

Given the size of it's juvenile section, 40 tickets for the Boro is fairly meagre. Between Hurling and Camogie, there's surely several hundred players. Same goes for the village and loughs also. I'd be surprised though if some of the smaller rural clubs got the same allocation as the city clubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 RacKenny

I think a significant amount of tickets will go on sale to the general public on Thursday or Friday. There will be no trouble getting tickets. There were loads of people trying to offload tickets on the morning on the drawn game. The vast majority of people who came from overseas won't be back for the replay so there are going to be even more available for the replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

RacKenny wrote: »
    I think a significant amount of tickets will go on sale to the general public on Thursday or Friday. There will be no trouble getting tickets. There were loads of people trying to offload tickets on the morning on the drawn game. The vast majority of people who came from overseas won't be back for the replay so there are going to be even more available for the replay.

When have there ever been tickets for an AI final on sale to the general public?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

When have there ever been tickets for an AI final on sale to the general public?

The last day, they puta few up on tickets.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 RacKenny

This day two weeks ago!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

My team for the replay:
    Murphy
    Murphy JJ Tyrell
    P Walsh B Hogan Buckley
    M Fen C Fogarty
    T Walsh R Hogan TJ
    C Fen Power Larkin

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

1984baby wrote: »
    My team for the replay:
    Murphy
    Murphy JJ Tyrell
    P Walsh B Hogan Buckley
    M Fen C Fogarty
    T Walsh R Hogan TJ
    C Fen Power Larkin
    Like that team a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

The team I'd love to see this won't happen I can guarantee but I think it would have us home and hosed.

Murphy
    Murphy JJ Jackie
    Fogarty Hogan Buckley
    Tommy Fennelly
    Padraig Shefflin TJ
    Power Hogan Larkin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Just wondering if there are any apple trees overlooking Nowlan park?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 homestyle

Anyone know if the minors will be brought up to the replay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

There's some Tipp ones but they only look up to Nolan park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

The team I'd love to see this won't happen I can guarantee but I think it would have us home and hosed.

Murphy
    Murphy JJ Jackie
    Fogarty Hogan Buckley
    Tommy Fennelly
    Padraig Shefflin TJ
    Power Hogan Larkin

Padraig Walsh to midfield instead of Tommy and Colin Fennelly in the forwards. Unless you know something about Tommy that I don't? Would love to see R Hogan in the forwards.

If you're coming down leave the aul Cortina at home - it's a dead give away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Fwank wizzo

citykat wrote: »
    If you're coming down leave the aul Cortina at home - it's a dead give away...
    That and the string vest/runner boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Out of interest anyone read the letter published in the Sindo Sports supplement today from a Kilkenny supporter? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Out of interest anyone read the letter published in the Sindo Sports supplement today from a Kilkenny supporter? :D

No, what was the jist of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Yes. One person's viewpoint. I wonder will he get much of a response?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

piuswal wrote: »

Of course, thats why they would choose it over others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Does anyone else think that the number of children/ family tickets has fallen dramatically when compared with the 2012 replay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

piuswal wrote: »
    What did it say?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement