Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Much like earlier this winter, the cold this week appears to be becoming watered down temperatures possibly in double figures by Thursday evening in many parts.

Scotland looks the place to be.

We had a day on the beach today, getting rid of paddy day cobwebs. car was showing 11c/12c on the way home. Lovely in the sun when it shines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

There's hail falling in cork city. That wasn't on the cards today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Nothing mild about the latest ECM :)

Recm1441.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

More fantasy from the ECM yet again!

I'm not calling this yet as 100/200 mile shift in the low positioning will make all the difference. FI around 84hrs as far as weather detail for Ireland is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Bit of snizzle falling here now, some nice fluffy flakes would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

snaps wrote: »
    I posted similar earlier in this thread, My wife is from Southern Poland between Krakow and Zakapone. Snow deeper than the knees, up to the waist in places. last night -22c, coldest its been all winter. I remember last May it snowed very heavy there and settled too, didn't last as soon as sun came out.
    I think we will have to move to Poland for our snow fix;),my wife is from przemysl medyka ,Tuesday the snow was so bad the whole city nearly ground to a halt,the wife's father said they were not expecting it this bad so late into the session

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sleet reported at Dublin AP at 1930.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Sleet reported at Dublin AP at 1930.

Goes out to the back garden and powers up the halogens to search for snow :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nothing mild about the latest ECM :)

Recm1441.gif

That would be decent for the heat in two months. :)

Deank wrote: »
    Goes out to the back garden and powers up the halogens to search for snow :pac:

Nah nothing but crappy snizzle still, cmon drop some decent flakes FFS :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

mike65 wrote: »
    That would be decent for the heat in two months. :)

Something we're long overdue - I don't think we've had a fetch like that in summer since 06'. I've found this winter to be rather tiresome as it promised much but deleivered little(I appreciate it was much better in the UK). Anyways cold weather from now till November does little for me so I hope it does warm up in time for Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭pad199207

Getting Snow here now

1.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Sleet and rain in D14, temp at 3.9C DP is 1C.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Going on the latest British MetO fax charts, the risk of wintryness has increased for much of the East and Midlands over the next 36 hrs, especcially during the hours of darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

hail on my birdfeeder cam now
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mech11

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

I was up at kilakee (base of military road) carpark about 6pm, it was 5 degrees at m50 and 2 degrees at kilakee carpark, little snow on the ground. Very thick fog on the way up. The temp dropped to 1 degree as I was coming down from the mountains so hopefully they will be white in the 2 moro.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snowmaker

I was up in Wicklow earlier this eve. The mountain wasn't coming to me, so I went to the mountains! Snow started falling, quite heavily, around half five along Military Road on the way from Sally Gap to Kilakee. Pics below of the promised land!

edit, won't let me attach pics from mobile...will put them up later.

Very interesting. ECM EPS shows the 12z OP not an outlier and infact the mean goes for a slightly better angle of the low Thursday/Friday, uncertainty reigns!

Mean at 96

Reem961.gif

Mean at 120

Reem1201.gif

Mean at 144

Reem1441.gif

pad199207 wrote: »
    Getting Snow here now

1.7c

3.5c here but still splatterings of ice on the light rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

If Gerry says that we might get snow (east and north) tonight, it's a dead cert! :pac:

Looks like that bit of snow that's hitting Scotland is expected to come all the way over here.

Btw, temp of 3.2 and DP of 2.5 at the moment here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

moderate sleet/hail shower here

Whats the Forecasted DP's for tomorrow?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

pad199207 wrote: »
    Whats the Forecasted DP's for tomorrow?

-3 to 2. Hovering around 0 max in the midlands/north midlands. -3ish from 6pm to am basically. DP highest in the south and south east

I expect tomorrow's shower to give a dramatic drop in temps and dp's. Met Eireanns highs of 4-6c seems a bit high for any snow showers to occur! Low DP's should help though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

Strange weather here in North Meath/Cavan Border - birds going mental all day .... and gorgeous little lambs in field beside me panicking madly (but that might not be weather related)!

Love this forum when weather getting "crap" - it's very informative! For my work I've to travel on not secondary, but third-ary, roads for 50 minute drive across Co. Meath. Always read MT Cranium's forecast ahead of Met E's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Met office have just issued a snow warning for NI for snow from 3am to 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭pauldry

Interesting the change in snow forecasts by Met today.

I always find Met too cautious in their forecasts but MT sometimes the other extreme , however I think MT has had it spot on this Winter and I also check the forecast on boards on my "mobile device" first thing every day as MetE just change theirs every few hours coz none of them can agree.

However I grant them snizzle sleet hail graupel and snow flakes of 250 types are hard to predict when the conditions are borderline in any case.

Lots of Ireland has had snowfall this March though and it more than makes up for last years borefest. I thought it was all over a few hours ago but the whole of the rest of March has possibilities though if the event on Friday gets shoved North I would say that that is it. Finally ...until the blizzard we will have on June 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

vickers209 wrote: »
    Met.ie have issued a yellow warning for tonight and the morning:

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal and Louth

Snow showers tonight (Monday) and Tuesday morning over Ulster and some northern parts of Leinster with a risk of small accumulations.
    Issued:
    18 March 2013 15:00
    Valid:
    18 March 2013 21:00 to 19 March 2013 12:00

Met Eireann have extended their yellow warning for snow/ice as at 10pm to include many more counties including Dublin.

Snow-ice Warning for Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Dublin, Longford, Louth, Wicklow, Meath, Leitrim and Sligo
    Snow showers expected overnight and on Tuesday morning over Ulster, northern and eastern parts of Leinster and north Connacht. Moderate accumulations on high ground but smaller amounts at lower levels.

Issued:18 March 2013 22:00
    Valid:18 March 2013 22:00 to 19 March 2013 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭pauldry

Here is where the sleet and snow are currently

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/?type=rain-snow-sleet

Temperature in Sligo gone from 5.9c to 3.7c in the last 2 hours

It was 9.1c at 3pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

pauldry wrote: »
    Here is where the sleet and snow are currently

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/?type=rain-snow-sleet