Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

snowing in goatstown, not heavy but still. nice ninjasnow dusting on cars and grass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Looking at the radar on ME Dublin is going to get a bit of a pasting in the next hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

kenmc wrote: »
    snowing in goatstown, not heavy but still. nice ninjasnow dusting on cars and grass

Ah here its one of those days! Clonskeagh has nothing on the ground!

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Falling heavier with bigger flakes now.And the wind is getting up

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Looking at the radar on ME Dublin is going to get a bit of a pasting in the next hour or so

If it manages to stay cold enough.

Just very light snow here atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Nothing in bray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

DOCARCH wrote: »

If it manages to stay cold enough.

Don't say that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Temp on the increase here: 2.3c/1.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 23,911 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Moderate blowing snow in D15 now, temp seems to be coming up though as all hard surfaces are clearing rapidly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Just woke up to this in Cornelscourt. Don't remember this being mentioned on the weather forecast last night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Heavy enough snow here in north meath, was'nt expecting this, there was nothing at 5.45 except for a little bit of frost

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

That radar looks very interesting now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Light snow here since 7 am ..not sticking but nice to see:)

Getting Heavier :eek:, really was'nt expecting this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snowing here now ans sticking!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Starting to melt:(

Small bit of sleety graupel rain falling now. Temp too high right now near the coast, need an intense enough shower.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

pad199207 wrote: »
    Snowing here now ans sticking!

Snowing lightly in Newbridge for about an hour ,

Moderately snowing for the last 5 minutes trying to stick but not there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

Just woke up to this in Cornelscourt. Don't remember this being mentioned on the weather forecast last night!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/75529/245514.jpg

There is a bus stop in you and your neighbours garden??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

A nice heavy prolonged snow shower over the last 30 minutes-hour. Its a pity the ground is too saturated from heavy rain overnight for the snow to stick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

That radar looks very interesting now

Radar looks interesting alright but the later into the morning it gets, more a rain/sleet/wet snow mix, I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

7:45 this morning near donegal town
    245516.jpg

height dependant next to nothing by the time i was at sea level

Another swing and a miss here! managed to evade a lot here this winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Now raining

• Registered Users Posts: 48,165 ✭✭✭✭km79

Light snow east Galway !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

About 3/4 cm on the ground here in meath. Coming down heavy enough, large fluffy flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

This is the latest I've seen proper snow in the season in a long time. Nice coating over cars/roofs/grass this morning in Dublin 15 but does tend to melt very quickly.

Definitely a more varied winter than last year (I believe this is the 4th event that produced lying snow this season in this area- admittedly, only the one in late Jan was a proper white out event and even that was gone by the end of the day). Still good to see the white stuff considering some winters produce nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

vickers209 wrote: »

There is a bus stop in you and your neighbours garden??;)

Yes rather bizarrely we found the top of a really old bus stop under a shed in our garden and it was as easy to put it on the pole beside it as getting rid of it.

Next thing we know our neighbour has seemingly robbed a complete bus stop and planted it in his garden in some bizarre effort to keep up with the Jones's! And it's become a thing round here with other people sporting bus stops in their gardens too.

I guess we're trend setters!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Soups123

Coming down heavy in south meath

• Advertisement

and just like that the snow was gone, only to be expected at this time of year i suppose, still falling very lightly and theres still a bit covering the fields, but the driveway clear already and the temp has risen to 2c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement