Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nice heavy looking blob just off the Dublin coast on radar now. Would want to be heavy to get any chance of more snow (in Dublin anyway).

Spitting sleet here now. 1.3c DP 0.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Light rain for past 10 mins in D14- bits of sleet in slightly heavier burst of the light rain...

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Sun is out here and no sign of that phantom shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

VERY light snow here, most of it melting on the way to the ground. Precipitation looks like its breaking up a bit so that might be all we see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

Yes rather bizarrely we found the top of a really old bus stop under a shed in our garden and it was as easy to put it on the pole beside it as getting rid of it.

Next thing we know our neighbour has seemingly robbed a complete bus stop and planted it in his garden in some bizarre effort to keep up with the Jones's! And it's become a thing round here with other people sporting bus stops in their gardens too.

I guess we're trend setters!

I've got a picture in my head of the Simpsons intro where Bart takes the bus stop while people are waiting on it and the bus fly's by with the people running after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

Light snow shower on the navan road.

Weird, doesn't even feel cold

Edit: getting heavier now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Light sleet after a heavy hail/sleet shower. Dark clouds over the Irish sea

• Registered Users Posts: 9,333 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Temp was up to 2 degrees by the time I left. It wasn't really sticking on tarmac or even very wet ground, but we were marginal I think - on the way in 10m difference in asl made a fair difference to how much had stuck on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Pipmae

East Meath this morning. It's starting to melt already. That photo is quite deceptive - there is more snow in real life than what the photo is reflecting iykwim.:D I should have taken one from the front of the house which showed the cars covered in snow.

I was going to take another photo at the train station when I got there (Gormanston) but what a disappointment A bit of hail on the ground and that was it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

good shower of snow in Navan the last hour really. sticking in the fields on the way in, just stopping now though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

VERY light snow here, most of it melting on the way to the ground. Precipitation looks like its breaking up a bit so that might be all we see.

Tiny specks of graupel blowing around in the breeze here in town earlier
    Sun's shining & temp 3.3C atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

The scene in Meath 30 minutes ago on attached pics. Still snowing heavy now so add another cm or so to that. While the snow is pretty to see, tbh I kind of just wish winter would feck off now. This weather is terrible for agriculture and the constant gloomy chill is really depressing.

WP_000835.jpg
    WP_000833.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Snowing heavy in Kilcock, and sticking, roads beginning to turn white in the estate.

We need a 100 mile shift for Thursday to get snow into the northeast.

Still a risk for some parts of inland Ulster

Rtavn6610.png

rc28 wrote: »
    The scene in Meath 30 minutes ago on attached pics. Still snowing heavy now so add another cm or so to that. While the snow is pretty to see, tbh I kind of just wish winter would feck off now. This weather is terrible for agriculture and the constant gloomy chill is really depressing.

WP_000835.jpg
    WP_000833.jpg

That's not half bad fall!

That's not half bad fall!

Yup, really thick covering and still coming down - even the roads are covered. I'll post another pic when it eventually stops. Very unexpected for late March. I'm really craving some warm sunshine now though.

Yup, really thick covering and still coming down - even the roads are covered. I'll post another pic when it eventually stops. Very unexpected for late March. I'm really craving some warm sunshine now though.

I agree but only after the front stalls on Thursday/Friday and dumps a foot of snow on us! I will leave the Spring sunshine to April, then the cold weather might become a bit annoying.

Lumi wrote: »
    Tiny specks of graupel blowing around in the breeze here in town earlier
    Sun's shining & temp 3.3C atm

Full on graupel-fest here now, sun has just come out though so that won't last too long. Usual complaint, conditions are right but precip. just isn't there.

Some more Meath snow for you:

WP_000839.jpg
    WP_000840.jpg
    WP_000838.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭pad199207

Some more Meath snow for you:

WP_000839.jpg
    WP_000840.jpg
    WP_000838.jpg

:)

you can keep it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Taken completely by surprise this morning. Drove into blizzards and very poor road conditions in Meath. No mention of snow acculumations on radio bulletins I heard this morning. So anyone driving to Meath be warned. Temp is freezing also, so roads will probably get worse.

pad199207 wrote: »
    you can keep it!
    Lemons pad, lemons.

Snow in Howth again! Nothing again just 4 miles away!

http://www.islandbawn.com/wwhr000m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Can't wait for my trip to Florida in June...

heavy enough showers just off Dublin bay, struggling to make it inland though

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Sleet/Rain in Dublin cc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Light to moderate sleet in D14 with temp apparently at 4.5C.

Dan :)

Just brushing the back edge of that shower heading for Dublin CC, falling as hail with flakes of snow.

2.8 C here with that shower trying to make it in but very slow moving in that slack flow. Howth looks like its getting heavy snow I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Full on graupel-fest here now, sun has just come out though so that won't last too long. Usual complaint, conditions are right but precip. just isn't there.

Full on rain here - swop?? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement