Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veronica Mars (Movie)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can't see the film having any cinema appeal given how few people would have even heard of the show. Where is the download going to be (legally) available?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Same day as the theatrical release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Rang my local cinema, he didn't know anything about it?

Got my no & rang back to say he was talking to a Warner Bros rep & said Dundrum's the only cinema to show it in Ireland :o

That's a real pity, was hoping to see it in the cinema. Does anyone know what outlets will have it on demand here on the day of release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I can't see the film having any cinema appeal given how few people would have even heard of the show. Where is the download going to be (legally) available?

Yeah but most of the people who do go will be die hard fans so there should be a good atmosphere.

I think I'll venture as far as Dundrum, if I can't drag someone along I may have to take my first ever solo trip to the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

irish son wrote: »
    Yeah but most of the people who do go will be die hard fans so there should be a good atmosphere.

I think I'll venture as far as Dundrum, if I can't drag someone along I may have to take my first ever solo trip to the cinema.
    Even if you go by yourself, you won't be alone, soda-pop.

(That came out creepier than intended. Oh well).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Here's the opening scene of the movie; it also acts as a kinda catch up type thing for those who never watched the TV show.

And tickets for Dundrum are now on sale. Woo!

http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/index.php?s=M-DUNDRUM&p=details&eventCode=12602

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Did he mean that Dundrum are the only ones thatcan show it or just the only ones who want to?

I'd love if they had a screening in Galway but I don't know how popular it would be and if a cinema would invest in it.

I asked him that as well, if its down to the cinema or the distribution company & he replied back saying, 'i couldnt really answer that as not wanting to tell you the wrong thing' :confused:

Although i remember asking him the same thing years ago, asking about The Royal Tenenbaums & had said only a few cinemas were showing it, i happen to be in Dublin a month later & saw it in the Screen Cinema on D'Olier St, a small cinema it is :eek:

I see there's a new take on the theme song,
    remember the third season

I see there's a new take on the theme song,
    remember the third season
    It's not terrible but he's kind of just yelling and it's hard on the ears.

It's not terrible but he's kind of just yelling and it's hard on the ears.

Sadly I gave up after 10 secs, :(

• Advertisement

I've been putting off a rewatch of the series for years but with the film out in a little under two weeks I thought I'd best get started on it. Had forgotten just how much fun the show is, there's a real noir feel to it that never feels forced and it's the kind of light, easy to throw on fun that we really need more of. Not sure I'll be able to fit in all three series before my digital copy of the film is available but considering that I've been existing on 3 hours of sleep a night, there's a chance I may well have it wrapped up quite soon.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've been putting off a rewatch of the series for years but with the film out in a little under two weeks I thought I'd best get started on it. Had forgotten just how much fun the show is, there's a real noir feel to it that never feels forced and it's the kind of light, easy to throw on fun that we really need more of. Not sure I'll be able to fit in all three series before my digital copy of the film is available but considering that I've been existing on 3 hours of sleep a night, there's a chance I may well have it wrapped up quite soon.

I'm interested to know how season three stands up to a binge rewatch.

I'm interested to know how season three stands up to a binge rewatch.
    I rewatched it a while ago and enjoyed 3 a lot more than I had the first time around.

It's not as good as 1 and 2 but it's not terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danakin

Loved the show and really looking forward to going to the first movie I ever partially paid for!

'Twill be a solo trip to Dundrum as I was never really able to convince too many of my friends to give it a proper go. As with many, a synopsis that begins with "teenage private detective" doesn't really entice many people even if you do the whole "but it's actually really good and dark and noir...!"

In some ways I think going solo won't be too bad because there's going to be a real party atmosphere among the hardcore fans that do show up.

I rewatched it a while ago and enjoyed 3 a lot more than I had the first time around.

It's not as good as 1 and 2 but it's not terrible.

Afaik, there were more arcs in S3 than S01-2 & wasn't as interesting, but bearable.
    Danakin wrote: »
    Loved the show and really looking forward to going to the first movie I ever partially paid for!

'Twill be a solo trip to Dundrum as I was never really able to convince too many of my friends to give it a proper go. As with many, a synopsis that begins with "teenage private detective" doesn't really entice many people even if you do the whole "but it's actually really good and dark and noir...!"

In some ways I think going solo won't be too bad because there's going to be a real party atmosphere among the hardcore fans that do show up.

I felt like that when asking the cinema manager when asking about the show, i'm pretty sure he thought it was a kids movie & was querying me a lot on the show & when he rang me back to confirm it wasn't showing, he mentioned "i think it's repeated on Neptune TV" :confused::)

Geez, I've just seen in the latest update that VM is playing in 45 German cities.

*grumble*

I wish Ireland could have gotten, say - Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

UPC on demand are streaming it on the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Seeing this tonight.

I'll pop up some spoiler tagged thoughts later. No plot spoilers though. Just general thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

miralize wrote: »
    UPC on demand are streaming it on the same day

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Advertisement

It really is pretty fantastic. A lot of fan service but considering the way it was funded it's no surprise. Loads of returning characters and a few great cameos.

Writing was really sharp and there's potential for sequels.

Not sure how it will play for non fans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mirage08

Wow how did you see it already!!

Tickets booked for Dundrum Friday night cant wait.

I came over to New York for it.

It really is excellent.

NGEr08m.jpg?3?4823

Kristin Bell on Jimmy Fallon - CNBC Ch 505 11pm, aired last nite in US

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mirage08

jamc wrote: »
    I came over to New York for it.

It really is excellent.

NGEr08m.jpg?3?4823

Wow!! So jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

jamc wrote: »
    It really is pretty fantastic. A lot of fan service but considering the way it was funded it's no surprise. Loads of returning characters and a few great cameos.

Writing was really sharp and there's potential for sequels.

Not sure how it will play for non fans though.
    Seems to be the general consensus which is great news.

Did you go with one of the top tier kickstarter options then?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So tomorrow's the big day. :D

Unfortunately I have to wait until Monday at least, if I get my code by then.

Any idea on the quality of the downloads? 1080p?

And just after posting I see the latest update. Using Flixster as the distribution method.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Where can we digitally watch/download it tomorrow? Was planning on a trip to Dublin next week but not sure I can make it to Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you backed it and are due a download, they'll send your code to you by email to download via Flixster.

If not a backer
    Digital downloads of the Veronica Mars movie will be available to the general public on Flixster, iTunes, Amazon, and other digital retailers beginning on March 14. (And if you're looking for downloads of the television series, those are available now on iTunes and Amazon.com.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

FYI Amazon Instant/Prime is unavailable outside of UK/NI.

Advertisement