Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veronica Mars (Movie)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nice one!

I dont see why some are excluded, like recording voicemails/video clips and so on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Pretty close to breaking 4 million...time to fund that Richard Dower reality show I spec'd out to Channel 4.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Here we have you in action!

22013406.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

TweetMe!?! wrote: »

Kristen Bell looks absolutely shattered in that video :p.

^ ugly as feck without her slap on, was right when I said she was over the hill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah, you are right Richard. And you would know, being a world renowned model and all.

Oh wait..........:P

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeah, you are right Richard. And you would know, being a world renowned model and all.

Oh wait..........:P

Least I know i'm ugly as sin and own it.......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

^ ugly as feck without her slap on, was right when I said she was over the hill.

Seriously :confused: Will you let it go or else dont bother posting in the thread. Its very annoying. She is only 32. In what universe (other than ABC family) is that considered over the hill :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Richard, would you ever feck off out of this thread? You obviously have no interest in the movie. Let it go.

I hope everything goes smoothly with Bell's pregnancy and that she'll be able to give her full attention to the movie.
    Ryan Hansen's daughter starting to cry when they hit the goal was pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I always like the video of her on the Ellen show talking abot the sloth. :)

Anyone back it yet? Would like the Blu Ray set, though don't think we get access to a digital copy on release. Then for $75 more, get the entire series on dvd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I always like the video of her on the Ellen show talking abot the sloth. :)

Anyone back it yet? Would like the Blu Ray set, though don't think we get access to a digital copy on release. Then for $75 more, get the entire series on dvd.
    Why do you think we wouldn't have access to the digital download?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

European fans (including Ireland) can now back the project http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Why do you think we wouldn't have access to the digital download?

Ah, never mind. Think I just misread the last FAQ
    Will international fans be offered a download only tier?

No. Again, the thorny issues we're working out revolve around how we accept money (it's not as simple as you think it is) and lining up digital download partners around the world. What we're hoping to do is solve these issues soon and open up the drive country by country. It's like a big game of Risk. We are bent on world domination. Please bear with us.

That was from update on Monday. So I'm guessing said issues were sorted out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I went for the download tier last night and it went through fine, so I'm assuming there's no issues there anymore! It's a shame you have to add an extra ten dollars for shipping though: don't really want the t-shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

If you had already backed it before it became available to Irish funders, do you have to cancel and re-back in order to avail of the $10+ shipping?

Yeah, think it's in the FAQ that if you want to change your contribution, you have to cancel and back it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Don't think I had to. I think if you go into "manage your pledge" you can select a new pledge and when you click through it prompts you to add the 10 dollars for shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Premiere tickets for LA and NYC open to international backers now.

jamc wrote: »
    Premiere tickets for LA and NYC open to international backers now.
    *sits on hands*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I am really looking forward to this, at first I was like cool but then I started rewatching the show, now I find myself with loads of new episodes of other shows I have to watch and bypassing them to rewatch episodes of VM. Which just goes to show how excellent a show it was, I think it has aged really, really well, it doesn't feel dated like a lot of shows of that era do. I will be throwing a few bob towards the kickstarter before it finishes.

• Advertisement

First glimpse at a snippet of script.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Rob Thomas tweeted another picture of the script last week too.

https://twitter.com/RobThomas/status/317629030914461698/photo/1

Also, there are now only eight days left to pledge. They have now opened a $1 donor level in an effort to break the Kickstarter record for most backers ever. So if anyone that hasn't pledged yet wanted to do so, here's a good opportunity. :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project/posts/443706?ref=activity

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project/posts/446564

T-shirt designs but there's supposedly a problem with us getting the designs in Europe.

Just with the words "Veronica Mars" being on them because they're Warner Brother copyrighted. *grumble*

I wish I lived in Austin, Rob Thomas is going to hang out with fans in a pub next week for a while to talk about the film.

I wish there was a version without the t-shirt to be honest. Or a pick and choose style level.

Don't know which one to go with so might just go with the bare minimum instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Just with the words "Veronica Mars" being on them because they're Warner Brother copyrighted. *grumble*

I wish I lived in Austin, Rob Thomas is going to hang out with fans in a pub next week for a while to talk about the film.

No, it's because there's a clothing designer named Veronica in Marseille who owns the Veronica Mars name in the EU for clothing. That's what Rob Thomas said on Twitter.

And yeah, I'd love to be in Austin too!

TweetMe!?! wrote: »
    No, it's because there's a clothing designer named Veronica in Marseille who owns the Veronica Mars name in the EU for clothing. That's what Rob Thomas said on Twitter.
    Ahhhh.

Damn her.

Something like "Mars Investigations" could be a good compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I wish there was a version without the t-shirt to be honest. Or a pick and choose style level.

Don't know which one to go with so might just go with the bare minimum instead.

I think they should do one with just the digital copy of the movie and no T-Shirt, I don't want a T-Shirt and I defiantely don't want to have to pay an extra $10 to have it shipped to me!

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I think they should do one with just the digital copy of the movie and no T-Shirt, I don't want a T-Shirt and I defiantely don't want to have to pay an extra $10 to have it shipped to me!
    Yep, and then if I'm getting a t-shirt I don't want shipped I may as well get the behind the scenes DVD sent over for the extra $10.

I can understand why they're using a high enough price point to get access to the movie. They're squeezing as much money as possible out of these backers because they can't ensure they'll add to the box office takings come next year.

• Advertisement

27 hours remaining....

Advertisement