Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veronica Mars (Movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

jamc wrote: »
    I know tis very exciting. Piz is the only other person on the panel though.

Just out from an FNL panel with Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton as special guests. Unbelievable.

Back in about 5 hours with some updates hopefully.
    I never warmed to Piz.

I stopped Chris Lowell (Piz) for directions when I was lost in New York. It did not go well.

Are you at Comic-con? I didn't think that was this early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

No it's a TV festival in Austin.

Heading into the panel now. Ill try and live tweet it if my wifi holds up. Think my twitter is in my sig

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know tis very exciting. Piz is the only other person on the panel though.

Just out from an FNL panel with Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton as special guests. Unbelievable.

Back in about 5 hours with some updates hopefully.

Watching FNL season 5 for the first time on Sky so think be finished that in a couple of months.

Actually wouldn't mind a rewatch of VM at some point before the movie comes out.

Just out of the panel now. There was no wifi sorry

Not much new info really. He talked a lot about the mechanics if the Kickstarter campaign.

Mild spoilers ahead. Nothing about plot

: Rob and Kristen tweeted the night before the launch that there was big VM news coming. The tweets got no response so he thought the campaign was doomed

: No studio interference on script due to them raising funds themselves

: a few years after the show ended he pitched a movie that would've taken place as Veronica was graduating from College

: He wanted to hav about 40 associate producers through the Kickstarter that would've seen early cuts and acrted like a focus group. The producers guild quickly nixed that idea.

: Film opens with Veronica in New York. Hasn't worked a case since last case. Thomas wanted it to be raining as she landed in Neptune as a nod to the last shot if the series but the film is 30000 over budget so he had to cut it.

: Filming starts Monday week for 23 days

: Don't like Piz's character but he came accross as a nice fella at the panel. He said Thomas told him when he was cast that people would despise him for breaking up Logan and Veronica

: Still hopeful on Party Down movie. Going down trad funding route.

Interesting panel. No big revelations. Casting news every day for next 10 days

As far as distribution goes he said that initially it was going to be only about 300 screens but conversations now taking place about wide release and some international presence

BMRLKioCIAEPXmi.jpg:medium

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

: Still hopeful on Party Down movie. Going down trad funding route.

I'd love a Party Down film but I have to say I really liked the way it ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,437 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So which tshirt you going for? I'm thinking the blinds one since it takes up more of the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I ordered the other one because it takes up less space.

I got the California Noir one because I think it looks nicer and the blinds one might not be the most flattering on those of us with boobs.

Did anyone else notice there was only a very tiny difference in the female sizes? Like an inch or so? It was strange.

Exciting to see some photos coming out from the set.

• Advertisement

I'm unsubscribing now from the updates and set photos on twitter.

I fear they'll reveal too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I presume there will be another survey to fill out at a later date with details of where to send the DVDs etc?

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I got the California Noir one because I think it looks nicer and the blinds one might not be the most flattering on those of us with boobs.

Did anyone else notice there was only a very tiny difference in the female sizes? Like an inch or so? It was strange.

Exciting to see some photos coming out from the set.

Yeah I like the look of the noir one though she's looks a bit strange in it. Just it looks very small in relation to the t shirt. Though maybe I should take boobs into account as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

Silly question but for the sizings of the tshirts do you measure another tshirt you have or do you measure yourself? I was thnking of going a size up just in case but I don't want it be massive. I'm going for the California Noir one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the un-american graffitti story was terrible

the un-american graffitti story was terrible
    It's a sign of how tragically dedicated I am to this show that I can follow your out-of-context reviews with relative ease.

im nearing the end, kept meaning to post on ridiculousness of logans hangdog look, his poor little richboy expression

veronica has such terrible taste in men, Duncan Kane, was just a blank, and Piz is alright but nothing special

holy **** aaron eccles is jim cutler

sad i've finished it all now, veronica had yet another horrible thing happen to her...

one of the best multi-arc shows i've ever seen no wonder it got cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sad i've finished it all now, veronica had yet another horrible thing happen to her...

one of the best multi-arc shows i've ever seen no wonder it got cancelled
    And a final bit of what may have come..

Big news today: Rob Thomas to continue Veronica Mars after the movie as a book series consisting of two novels.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ten years.....ten long years.

That punch..........you can't say it hasn't been coming. :P

Random updates:
    • tshirts are on the way, for those who ordered them
    • Kristen Bell and Dax Sheperd got married in the most low-key ceremony I've ever heard of, having waited until gay marriage was legal in California before getting married themselves.
    I'm planning to rewatch the entire series before the movie comes out. Cannot wait.

Got an email to say my tshirt has been shipped. Let's see how long delivery takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got an email to say my tshirt has been shipped. Let's see how long delivery takes.

Same here. Though I know some people who received theirs 3 weeks ago.

• Advertisement

DeWitt wrote: »
    Same here. Though I know some people who received theirs 3 weeks ago.

Still no shipping notice for me.

Really waiting for the premiere dates though so I can start planning.

Advertisement