Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veronica Mars (Movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I want to donate but it's like "Ooh would like the dvd" then "Ah sure could go for the Blu Ray" then "Ooh, wouldn't mind the 3 seasons on dvd as well"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I want to donate but it's like "Ooh would like the dvd" then "Ah sure could go for the Blu Ray" then "Ooh, wouldn't mind the 3 seasons on dvd as well"
    Before you know it you're arranging for your kidney to go to a new home while booking flights to San Diego for the Comic-con appearance.

Kidney selling. Why didn't I think of that? Of course I'm not stupid enough to sell my kidney.

Now who would like a nice drink while I just fill this bath with ice?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

There are now just ten hours left. If anyone has yet to pledge, I would definitely urge you to do so, even if it's only one dollar. Even with a $1 donation, you'll get access to all updates from Rob, over the coming months. And you'll be helping in the quest to break the Kickstarter record for the most backers ever. Currently, we are less than 2000 backers away. :)

http://marsinvestigations.net/movie/index.php/stats/final_week

Also, the t-shirt designs are out. And there are new rewards that are now available, some Comic Con related, others are Jason Dohring related.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project

And here's some new videos.

And even if you have yet to watch Veronica Mars, but you have a spare dollar, then it would be really appreciated! It could be your good deed for the day, and you might receive some good karma for it too!

And here's a Veronica Mars promo from 2006, which will hopefully encourage you to watch the show, if you have yet to so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

she's pregnant! - season 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I went with the $50 + $10 option. Wasn't planning on spending anywhere near that amount.

Won't be funding anymore movies for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

The record was just broken in the last couple of minutes. :)

im sure they didn't get the most money didn't OUYA get more?, but the most backers that impressive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kickstarter

ah the pebble watch got 10 ouya 8 and they just beat the doublefine game in backers

she's dead!

Finally got around to backing it, wish they had a Blu-Ray set at a lower price as $50 was all I could stretch to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

she's dead!

?:confused:

is he gone forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Jernal wrote: »
    ?:confused:

I think he/she is doing a running commentary while watching the show. Its very confusing indeed. :P

It's kind of hilarious though. I'm enjoying the odd, non sequitur, reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

miralize wrote: »
    I think he/she is doing a running commentary while watching the show. Its very confusing indeed. :P

Ah yes, I forgot. Hadn't checked in on this thread in a while.:o

Was playing Tomb Raider until I decided to go to bed last night. Was only when I turned it off, I remembered I about this. So ended up backing with 7 minutes to go. Thank feck for being able to pay through Amazon.

So after funding it, I see they're now taking preorders for DVD and blu ray copies of the movie.
    http://www.wbshop.com/jump.do?itemID=5&itemType=LANDING&cid=veronicamars&ref=VMRE

Zach Braff launched a kickstarter a few hours ago for his second movie, saying the success of Rob Thomas and Veronica Mars was a major factor in his decision to do it this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kickstarter, a force for good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beepop

I had totally forgot about this show. It was brilliant :) Definitely want to see a movie

• Advertisement

Someone was talking about trellis plants the last day and I thought of this scene.

nearly at the end of season 2 this show is brilliant, the first eps i saw before i thought the bus crash thing was silly, but watching how the seemingly standalone stories all feed into the mystery, how dense it is, the surprises (veronnica removing the bullets from the gun) and even the "the killing" style thing of thinking its different person behind the bomb every few eps isn't that annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

So what do people think,Will it get a Cinema release or will it go straight to DVD?

I have a feeling it will get a limited cinema release in the states and then a worldwide DVD release and hit Netflix,itunes Lovefilm and other streaming sites pretty quickly.

I just can't see it making a profit sadly!

I just can't see it making a profit sadly!

This isn't the Avengers and as such it can be made quickly and cheaply. The budget, I imagine will be in the 6-10 million range and as such it doesn't have to set the world on fire in order to be a success. The kickstarter showed that there is a lot of interest in the film and many of those who contributed and didn't go for the DVD option will most likely be buying it when it's released. Add in the worldwide rental and DVD sales, television sales and revenue generated through streaming site and this could easily turn into quite the money maker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

This isn't the Avengers and as such it can be made quickly and cheaply. The budget, I imagine will be in the 6-10 million range and as such it doesn't have to set the world on fire in order to be a success. The kickstarter showed that there is a lot of interest in the film and many of those who contributed and didn't go for the DVD option will most likely be buying it when it's released. Add in the worldwide rental and DVD sales, television sales and revenue generated through streaming site and this could easily turn into quite the money maker.

I'm not talking about the Avengers or any stuido movie. It is an independant movie and It has one advantage over most independant/straight DVD movies. It now has all the publicity of Kickstarter to help it and it will be judged on its Box office more so now because of Kickstarter all eyes will be on the Veronica Mars Kickstarter movie as it seems to be called these days.

Plenty of box office bombs have floped and lost money only to break even over the years because of DVD and streaming deals. But to Hollywood its all about cinema numbers and for other shows or movie makes hoping to use Kickstarter or the likes of it. Veronica Mars the Kickstarter movie will be viewed on the profits it makes and how viable it will be in the future of movie making.

But I for one will be paying to see it.

I'm not talking about the Avengers or any stuido movie. It is an independant movie and It has one advantage over most independant/straight DVD movies. It now has all the publicity of Kickstarter to help it and it will be judged on its Box office more so now because of Kickstarter all eyes will be on the Veronica Mars Kickstarter movie as it seems to be called these days.

Plenty of box office bombs have floped and lost money only to break even over the years because of DVD and streaming deals. But to Hollywood its all about cinema numbers and for other shows or movie makes hoping to use Kickstarter or the likes of it. Veronica Mars the Kickstarter movie will be viewed on the profits it makes and how viable it will be in the future of movie making.

But I for one will be paying to see it.

It's not an independent film. It will have financing and distribution from a major studio. Kickstarter was used simply to show that there was demand for a film and to get the studio to see that the fanbase for Vernoica Mars is big enough to justify taking the risk on a small budgeted feature.

so after all that she really was ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Heading to a panel for this with Rob Thomas tomorrow. I'll post any tidbits tomorrow evening.

jamc wrote: »
    Heading to a panel for this with Rob Thomas tomorrow. I'll post any tidbits tomorrow evening.
    Oh Dear God.

I am so jealous.

But thanks for saying you'll come in and give us a summary!

Got the kickstarter email earlier comfirming that Percy Daggs has officially been cast as Wallace. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Oh Dear God.

I am so jealous.

But thanks for saying you'll come in and give us a summary!

Got the kickstarter email earlier comfirming that Percy Daggs has officially been cast as Wallace. :D

I know tis very exciting. Piz is the only other person on the panel though.

Just out from an FNL panel with Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton as special guests. Unbelievable.

Back in about 5 hours with some updates hopefully.

Advertisement