Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veronica Mars (Movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

How much did you have to contribute to get the t-shirt, i missed out on that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

My tshirt arrived today. It looks great but unfortunately it's the wrong design. (I was sure I clicked the orangey option).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Got mine today too.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Got mine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

im so glad we're getting an update on the whereabouts of your tshirts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

See what happened was I did a search for this thread and it came up for the page before this, where people were asking if anyone was getting them. Does that makes sense? I'm going to assume it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Meh, beats someone randomly posting their reactions to past VM episodes.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Jernal wrote: »
    Meh, beats someone randomly posting their reactions to past VM episodes.:pac:
    discussing a television show!, how very dare I, it you's lot that are out of place which your big screen talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

My shirt just arrived. They sent me two! Wonder what that's about? It's a nice fit anyway and it's made of good material if anyone is wondering. :D

I'd say most of the backers have gotten theirs at this stage.

Mysterious film update this morning.
    We're almost ready to make an announcement that a lot of you have been waiting for, and that I'm excited about.
    To get as much attention as we possibly can, Entertainment Weekly has agreed to help us break the news with an article tomorrow morning.
    As soon as the article is released, I'll send another update with a link and more details. For today, I just wanted to let you know that we've got some big news coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Saw that when I woke this morning. Guess that means we'll hear in the next few hours. I'm assuming it'll be a release date.

They were aiming for February, weren't they? That's only a couple months away. Didn't realise it was that close. Seems like only yesterday I backed it.

Guess I'd better get rewatching the series in preparation

There's a short clip accompanying that article that made me giggle with excitement.

It looks great.

From cancelled series to movie to spinoff webseries and possibly back to tv

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/01/15/veronica-mars-spinoff-series-in-the-works-at-the-cw

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

CastorTroy wrote: »
    From cancelled series to movie to spinoff webseries and possibly back to tv

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/01/15/veronica-mars-spinoff-series-in-the-works-at-the-cw
    Shame Kristen is probably unlikely to come back..

.. and let's be honest, she (along with the writing of Rob Thomas) was why the original show worked.

Hmmmm.

I don't know. I'll wait for more information before rejoicing/panicking.

I didn't know Thomas was writing another show for the CW, that's exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Does anyone know if we will be likely to get a cinema release here? I am doubtful but wishful thinking I suppose. Really would prefer to be there opening night as opposed to wait for it to be on Netflix, iTunes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we will be likely to get a cinema release here? I am doubtful but wishful thinking I suppose. Really would prefer to be there opening night as opposed to wait for it to be on Netflix, iTunes etc.

According to the Kickstarter updates, they are working on it. I'd say it might be contingent on how well it does in the US.

The digital download is supposed to be available within a few days of the theatrical release as opposed to the usual 4 month wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

jamc wrote: »
    According to the Kickstarter updates, they are working on it. I'd say it might be contingent on how well it does in the US.

The digital download is supposed to be available within a few days of the theatrical release as opposed to the usual 4 month wait.

I'll see how it goes so, would really like to see it in cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I assume the digital download that will appear a few days after the theatrical release will be for backers only and not for the general public.

I'd also be pretty disappointed if there wasn't a simultaneous theatrical screening in major cities outside the US. Fair enough if international distribution rights prevent something like this from happening but I'm hoping that a combination of location stats of Kickstarter backers and the low cost of digital distribution would lead to a screening that I could attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mirage08

Just announced will be in Movies at Dundrum, can't wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Only the one cinema in London. Hmmmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

Wish it was showing in Cork. I"ll actually be in London that weekend but might just wait for the digital download.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭curiosity

At least we're getting Dublin. Hoping Cork might get it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

No further details on Movies@ site at present as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

Looks like the digital download will be available from the 14th.

Yeah, i see that here, it's going to be available on the same day

Rang my local cinema, he didn't know anything about it?

Got my no & rang back to say he was talking to a Warner Bros rep & said Dundrum's the only cinema to show it in Ireland :o

• Advertisement

Rang my local cinema, he didn't know anything about it?

Got my no & rang back to say he was talking to a Warner Bros rep & said Dundrum's the only cinema to show it in Ireland :o
    Did he mean that Dundrum are the only ones that can show it or just the only ones who want to?

I'd love if they had a screening in Galway but I don't know how popular it would be and if a cinema would invest in it.

Advertisement