Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Ah stop Briar Patch... if I was at the scan on my own I would have given in but my partner was there and he was dead set on not finding out! AGH! I did try sly a glance at the screen when she told us to look away but I couldnt make out anything on the screen...

Definitely starting to get a proper bump now... felt like it literally appeared overnight.. I was getting dressed on Thursday morning and there it was.... its come out loads over my belly button now. looks less like a little fat 'I ate too much' belly.

Feeling some movement but not much... a couple times it's made me catch my breath and other times it's real faint like pins and needles inside. nothing constant tho.

Havent booked any ante-natal classes yet. I got a schedule for them at my last appt with the midwife which was 16 wks... how long in advance should you normally go to them??

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Ah I can't find my sheet about the classes right now but I think its just this first one that's early on and the rest aren't until 30+ weeks, If I remember correctly it's to do with healthy eating and exercising during pregnancy so nothing too exciting but it will make it all feel real again!

I can't wait for my bump to stop looking like an 'I ate too much' belly and more baby bump like! Although in saying that I've had a few 'touchers' already and I'm not a big fan of that so a proper bump would only encourage them more;)

Red Fraggle- has your morning sickness gone for good now? Mine is still hanging on:mad: I keep being told I'm just unlucky about that!

I've got my big scan on the 2nd of July so excited for that- I had a dream last night I was having a little girl- premonition maybe!!!

Have a lovely weekend ladies and bumps!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Ah I can't find my sheet about the classes right now but I think its just this first one that's early on and the rest aren't until 30+ weeks, If I remember correctly it's to do with healthy eating and exercising during pregnancy so nothing too exciting but it will make it all feel real again!

I can't wait for my bump to stop looking like an 'I ate too much' belly and more baby bump like! Although in saying that I've had a few 'touchers' already and I'm not a big fan of that so a proper bump would only encourage them more;)

Red Fraggle- has your morning sickness gone for good now? Mine is still hanging on:mad: I keep being told I'm just unlucky about that!

I've got my big scan on the 2nd of July so excited for that- I had a dream last night I was having a little girl- premonition maybe!!!

i have to say my morning sickness has eased alot and only appears every now and then but it hits suddenly. its mad cos last time it was gone at 14 weeks. least its almost gone i suppose!:rolleyes:

how many weeks will you be at your scan? mine is not til july 17th. have my first hosp/ booking in appt this week on wed. i cant remember what they do!! id like to hear the heartbeat.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

Hi red fraggle I had my booking appointment three weeks ago I had my blood and urine checked had to go through all the health questions and family history and I had a mini scan so got to see the baby again :) my big scan is 31st of july its ment to be a twenty week scan but Ill be twenty two weeks then but I dont mind because the baby is sitting bum outwards so I want him or her to have a good chance to change positions so I can have a good look

I'll be 19 weeks for my big scan next week- can't wait for it now, I was talking to the midwife after the ante-natal class about sickness and headaches still hanging around and she asked me if the baby was growing ok! She said I looked very small so I'm feeling slightly worried :(

Amee that's odd how there's only 3 days between our due dates and yet our scans are 3 weeks apart!

Good luck for your appointment tomorrow Red Fraggle- I hope you get to hear the heartbeat- I didn't hear it at my booking in but we did have a scan and she showed me the little heart beating away:P

• Advertisement

I know briarpatch i didn't realise the scan date was so late until i got home they must have been booked up , i don't mind really because i had a long scan done at twelve weeks. Bit unfair of the midwife to worry you like that i would pay no attention im still not noticeably pregnant looking yet and nothing has been said about the babies size.

Yea to be honest before she said it I had no particular worries, I'd been looking around the room and I never thought to myself that I was smaller compared to everyone else and I know for a fact that there were a lot of girls there further along than me coz one girl was 27weeks and another 31!

hi all, had my booking in/first hosp appt today. was only there an hour which was great. i was expecting a bit more to be honest.

they checked the urine and asked the family history etc. didnt take bloods and i didnt get the mini scan. :( but i did get to hear the heartbeat :D even though it was literally for 3 seconds!!

my own doc did bloods at the beginning and i have a very low immunity to ruebella. nurse today said they changed the levels of immunity so not to worry too much. anyone else have this?

Hi Ladies,

Had my 20 week scan today- it went great! It was so much better than the scan at the booking appointment looks like a real baby now instead of a T-Rex! Baby was very active kicking away the whole time. Got a great photo of the side of the face I can't stop looking at it!

They also changed my date back to the original date so I'm happy about that as I didn't think the other was right!

Have just amended the list:

Chuckster - 4th Nov - Australia
    puddle duck - 8th Nov - Rotunda
    Courtney1234 - 11th Nov - Coombe
    sweet chilli - 12th Nov - Rotunda
    BriarPatch- 13th Nov- Rotunda
    phat Albert's wife - 14th Nov
    petite lapin - 15th Nov
    red fraggle - 21st Nov-wexford
    ameee - 27th Nov-Rotunda
    whatever_fools - 30th Nov - Rotunda

Anyone else had a scan or appointment recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Hi ive been following for quite a while thought its about time I posted instead of just snooping:) Im due nov 21st and so far have been fine:) Not getting my scan until aug feels like ages away:(

• Advertisement

undecided wrote: »
    Hi ive been following for quite a while thought its about time I posted instead of just snooping:) Im due nov 21st and so far have been fine:) Not getting my scan until aug feels like ages away:(

im due November 21st too :-) scan on July 17th

Welcome to the group undecided:cool:

What hospital are you attending?

Welcome to the group undecided:cool:

What hospital are you attending?

Thanks!
    Ill be attending portlaoise....possibly the reason my 20 wk scan will be so late:( I had my my other two in the coombe kind of sorry I didnt go back there.

Yea I have a friend due in mid December who is going there and all her appointments are miles behind me, I don't think she's even had her first one yet!

As so you're on your third- you've plenty of experience to share with us all so:D

Thanks!
    Ill be attending portlaoise....possibly the reason my 20 wk scan will be so late:( I had my my other two in the coombe kind of sorry I didnt go back there.

Im in the rotunda, im due on the 27th and my scan isn't until July 31st when i Will be 23 weeks. I can't wait for it now :-)

ameee wrote: »
    Im in the rotunda, im due on the 27th and my scan isn't until July 31st when i Will be 23 weeks. I can't wait for it now :-)

Oh yea remember I was wondering why our scans were so far apart when our due were only 3 days- When I first went in for the scan the lady said oh by these dates you're only 19 weeks- if that's the case we won't be able to complete the scan today!

So I guess I should have really had mine around the same time as yours! But my dates were wrong so it worked out fine! She was really nice and we got a good few photos including a great one of the face:D

Yea I have a friend due in mid December who is going there and all her appointments are miles behind me, I don't think she's even had her first one yet!

As so you're on your third- you've plenty of experience to share with us all so:D

Lol Ive a 10 year gap since my last ... I feel like its my first. Its amazing how you forget. From what I remember nothing has been the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭puddle duck

It's been so long since I have posted here. At the moment I am just so busy at work and wrecked when I get home. We had our 20 week scan last Thursday. All went great - it's a boy!!!
    Briar Patch, I was at the ante-natal class on Monday too in the Rotunda. How did you find it? I can't believe she said those things to you.

BriarPatch, actually I don't think we were in the same class. I was there on the 1st of July :)

Wow puddleduck a boy :-) you must be delighted to know. Im hoping to find out at my scan but my other two sat cross legged for their scans so i won't get my hopes up. I have one of each so it really doesn't matter but my curiosity is getting the better of me

• Advertisement

It's been so long since I have posted here. At the moment I am just so busy at work and wrecked when I get home. We had our 20 week scan last Thursday. All went great - it's a boy!!!
    Briar Patch, I was at the ante-natal class on Monday too in the Rotunda. How did you find it? I can't believe she said those things to you.

Yea my class was 24th June but maybe we'll meet in future classes! I still haven't received any dates in the post for the rest of them.

We're having a boy too;)

Awww congrats BriarPatch. I will let you know when I get my dates for future classes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wex83

Hi everyone, Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the fab weather. I haven't been on this for a while. I was with my GP this morning for 24 week check up and he said that he thought I was a little small. I asked if I should be concerned and he said that I should just mention it at my next appointment in Holles Street. I'm not due back in Holles street for another four weeks. I had my 20 weeks anatomy scan about three weeks ago and they said that the size was good and my due date of 2 November seemed ok. I suppose I shouldn't be too worried about it seeing as the GP wasn't very concerned. I know they say at this stage babies grow at different stages. Has anyone else been in this scenario? I'm still feeling plenty of movement so the baby is very active which I'm sure is a good sign!

wex83 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the fab weather. I haven't been on this for a while. I was with my GP this morning for 24 week check up and he said that he thought I was a little small. I asked if I should be concerned and he said that I should just mention it at my next appointment in Holles Street. I'm not due back in Holles street for another four weeks. I had my 20 weeks anatomy scan about three weeks ago and they said that the size was good and my due date of 2 November seemed ok. I suppose I shouldn't be too worried about it seeing as the GP wasn't very concerned. I know they say at this stage babies grow at different stages. Has anyone else been in this scenario? I'm still feeling plenty of movement so the baby is very active which I'm sure is a good sign!

Someone feels it necessary to point out I'm very small at least once a day!

I was quite worried but once my scan went fine I don't let it bother me anymore.

I'm sure in a few weeks time we'll be told we look huge:rolleyes:

wex83 wrote: »

on my first my doc told me i was small and i ended up having a growth scan cant remember at what stage though.but sure everything was grand. i was carrying low cos im so tall apparently. all was grand so i wouldnt worry. doc only goes on the feel of your tummy.

people keep telling me 'sure ya wouldnt know your pregnant at all!!' oh really well whats this round pregnant shaped belly!!! which tonight is sore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Hi Ladies,

Had my 20 week scan today- it went great! It was so much better than the scan at the booking appointment looks like a real baby now instead of a T-Rex! Baby was very active kicking away the whole time. Got a great photo of the side of the face I can't stop looking at it!

They also changed my date back to the original date so I'm happy about that as I didn't think the other was right!

Have just amended the list:

Chuckster - 4th Nov - Australia
    puddle duck - 8th Nov - Rotunda
    Courtney1234 - 11th Nov - Coombe
    sweet chilli - 12th Nov - Rotunda
    BriarPatch- 13th Nov- Rotunda
    phat Albert's wife - 14th Nov
    petite lapin - 15th Nov
    red fraggle - 21st Nov-wexford
    ameee - 27th Nov-Rotunda
    whatever_fools - 30th Nov - Rotunda

Anyone else had a scan or appointment recently?

Hi, I had my anomally scan last Thursday in the Rotunda & all was great. My dates are still accurate, so due the 18th of November.

hi all.had my 20 week scan today (im nearly 22 weeks). it was great. saw such clear pictures of the hands feet toes and even the face!!!:D the face turned towards us and i could see the eye!! or eye socket as the sonographer pointed out. it was moving around like mad. so cute :D

i asked was all ok and she said as far as she could see. she kept looking at the spine and heart. now i know she has to try get the best measurements so thats prob what it was but it has made me a little nervous.:rolleyes: anyone else like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Hey Red Fraggle - yes I think that's perfectly normal.... I had the same thing as me.... the 20 weeks scan took aaages because she went through all the organs in detail... the heart took longer so I asked her why and she said that she was checking the rythhm, heartbeat and the blood flow in and out... everything is healthy and it just took so long because she had to be extra thorough on certain areas.

How's everyone's bumps lookin? I'm 24&4 and have a decent lookin pregnant belly now so at least I look pregnant now and not just fat :-)

feeling lots of movement and strong kicks now, and can feel them from the outside so my partner's delighted with the little ninja!

Yep during our scan she spent a long time looking at the heart its very nervewracking, sounds like all went well though!

I think my bump shrinks and expands! Some days it looks massive and other days its barely there- probably depends on the clothes I'm wearing though!

Getting some real kicks now too OH got to feel it for the first time the other night! He was really nervous about it for some reason!

Yesterday I barely felt anything all day though and I felt so anxious about it there's always something to worry about:eek: But he's back to normal kicking again this evening!

• Advertisement

my bump feels huge some days. it looks big some days and then other days not so big but its def there.

feeling lots of lovely movement but i also worry when i dont feel anything and try to make it move :D:o cant wait to meet him/her. please God all will go well

Advertisement