Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Chuckster- I think they will be able to tell your actual due date at the 12week scan, when I had mine the other day the doctor just mentioned that he thought I wasn't as far gone as the 5 weeks 5 days that I should be according to last period ( I was already thinking myself that my estimated date of 13th should be later).
    Anyway I'm sticking with my date for now until told otherwise!

I'm like you feeling fine in the morning, but nausea comes on in the afternoon/evening and I couldn't even face making a dinner or eating really, even gone off my cup of tea and that would usually be the first thing I had when I got in the door.

We've not told anyone yet, some days I'd love to tell some people then other days I feel very scared because its still very early days and I don't want to 'jinx' it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Courtney1234

Hi everyone,

Feeling a bit sick today and omg the tiredness just sweeps over,you doesn't it!
    Got my first appointment today for the coombe on the 22nd of April , that feels a lifetime away! I tried to out tan on today for the first time since been pregnant and I broke out in a rash, I looked it up and it's possible during pregnancy that you can become allergic to tan!!

How is everybody getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭puddle duck

Hi all. Congrats phatAlbert and your wife. Courtney i was looking up fake tan a few days ago as I have a wedding the end of May and some people say i am very pale at the moment (those people don't know i am pregnant). But anyway a lot of people recommend to wait till after the first trimester.
    wow BriarPatch, i am impressed you have told nobody - i have no will power. I have told a couple of very good friends and immediate family.
    feeling nausea yesterday and this morning. that feeling of you have been reading in the car for a while and then you don't feel too good. i am in bed most nights for 9:30 - but then i wake at 4am for a while and might sleep again for another hour!! I think my body is preparing me for the restless nights:)
    My hubby was watching the Ireland match last night and i was looking at the mama & papa's website - so many pretty things - wow you really could spend a fortune. i know its way too early to look at things like that - but i was just taking a peep:)
    have a lovely weekend everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Congrats choccy and phatalbert. I made appointment for a private scan in 2 weeks time and can't wait for it. Haven't told anyone yet, bit scared to until I get the scan to confirm its really happening. Dying to tell people, had 2 weddings had to hide fact not drinking, wasn't easy!
    Still eating like a pig, feel hungry all the time and in the evenings really bloated.
    Today I started getting pains in my pelvic area, nothing too sore felt bit uncomfortable when I was going for a walk. Felt bit odd to be getting pains down there this early!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi. Just found put I was pregnant during the week and using online due date calculators I'm due the end of November. We're very excited as this is our 1st and we'd only been trying since February. As regards an early scan at what point can they tell you are pregnant?

• Advertisement

Happy Easter Ladies!

How is everyone feeling this week?

Nauseau has kicked in big time for me, it's constantly there and I'm feeling very sorry for myself!

Even more exhausted this week too, didn't think I could be more tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kvicka

Oh wow...this is the new Nov threat:) congrats to all...last year around this tiem I was here...the time will fly and the sick days will pass and once u have ur little cutie face with you life as you have known it will be no more, instead you will wake up every day (tired nevertheless:) looking at the most beautiful present you ve ever received....Good luck to all soon to be mommys:)

Hey all - I hope everyone had a lovely relaxing weekend. 4 day weekends are brilliant (dreading going back to work tomorrow), it feels like i was out of the place for a week:)
    No MS here, just a small bit of nausea sometimes and feeling tired a lot of the time. Will be 8 weeks on wednesday - its crazy to think 2 months gone already.
    Kvicka, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a lovely message:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Hi all,
    Just had my confirmation visit with gp today. I'm 5 weeks 4days :-)
    I've got a scan in 2weeks as I previously had an ectopic so they want to check all is as it should be. I'm incredibly nervous about it and dreading it tbh! Hopefully everything goes well this time!
    My boobs are so sensitive when I don't wear a bra. Had a bit if nausea a few nights ago but none since.
    How are all the other November mammies to be? Any symptoms yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JaeLynn

I just found out I am pregnant with our third after 6 1/2 years of TTC. I am due sometime in November, but won't know my exact due date until I have had a dating sonogram. My cycles are very irregular and I have PCOS, so I can't trust my due date to measuring by the last period. Very excited and it still feels like a dream to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JaeLynn

kandr10 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just had my confirmation visit with gp today. I'm 5 weeks 4days :-)
    I've got a scan in 2weeks as I previously had an ectopic so they want to check all is as it should be. I'm incredibly nervous about it and dreading it tbh! Hopefully everything goes well this time!
    My boobs are so sensitive when I don't wear a bra. Had a bit if nausea a few nights ago but none since.
    How are all the other November mammies to be? Any symptoms yet?

I hear you on the sensitive boobs!! Mine are so sore and heavy, I end up wearing a bra to bed most nights lately!! Had a ton of random cravings over the last few days and some minor nausea and indigestion. Oh yes, and the fatigue! I get so tired sometimes that I just can't keep going and have to lay down for a little rest. All worth it though...so worth it! I was just about to give up when those two beautiful red lines finally appeared...on April Fools day. What a weird day to find out! Took all day to convince hubby I was serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Hi all,

ive been lurking here for the last 2 weeks or so. its like im terrified to say it in case somethin goes wrong but i know what will be wil be so here goes. IM 7 WEEKS :D. we are very excited.

we have a 15 month old girl who is great.

ive been nauseous now for about a week and its not good! its pretty much all day everyday. very hard to hide it. but i know its a good sign so i try to think of that. also very tired. hard to play with my little one but shes very good at entertaining herself and bringing me toys etc.;)

i read here some of ye are going on hols. just wondering where ye are going or how many weeks along will ye be. We have planned a trip to new york to visit my brother and i will be 14 weeks. doc said should be grand just wear flight socks and walk around and drink plenty before during and after the flight. im still nervous tho but also looking forward to the break (not sure how much of a break it will be with a 15month old:rolleyes:)

sorry for the long post but just had to get everything out! little one is asleep so i have the laptop to myself:p have to head to work shortly so need to prepare some bits to try keep the nausea at bay.:mad: any tips pass them on! nothing really helped the last time.

congrats to all the november expectant mums. i look forward to sharing the ups and downs of our pregnancies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

Hi all, six weeks pregnant with my third. due around the end of november,have a scan booked in six weeks to make sure all is well before I tell the kids and everyone else :) fairly tired with sore chest but no sickness, I never got sickness with my other two so hopefully I wont this time either.

Welcome and Congrats to all our new joiners! We're become quite a group now!

@Red Fraggle - We are also off to USA (West Coast) when I am 13.5 weeks, have also got the flight socks but am worrying a bit about it, but it was all booked and paid for months before we found out!!

Have no tips for the nausea myself but would love some that work, hoping it passes after 12 weeks so I'm counting down the time which is going so slowly:rolleyes: Did you find yours passed after a few weeks the first time?

welcome and congrats to the newbies:)

@Red Fraggle I am off to NY when i will be 11 weeks - I have booked a private scan for the week before I go and i then have my 12 week scan the day after i come back. we are heading off for 5 days. once i have flight socks, walk about a bit and drink lots of water during the flight things should be ok.

i am 8 weeks + 4 days today and no morning sickness - so i cant comment on cures for it. sometimes i get nauseous and i have a hard boiled sweet and that helps at times.

welcome and congrats to the newbies:)

@Red Fraggle I am off to NY when i will be 11 weeks - I have booked a private scan for the week before I go and i then have my 12 week scan the day after i come back. we are heading off for 5 days. once i have flight socks, walk about a bit and drink lots of water during the flight things should be ok.

i am 8 weeks + 4 days today and no morning sickness - so i cant comment on cures for it. sometimes i get nauseous and i have a hard boiled sweet and that helps at times.

cool i havnt tried the hard boiled sweet yet!!

i feel better knowing other people are travelling :rolleyes: and il be doin the same as you so hopefully we will be grand.:D we are going for 9 nights i think. im going to book a private 11 or 12 week scan before i go. im going public so wont be having a scan until 20 to 22 weeks id say.

im 7 weeks 2 days. i have a wedding on april 19th. i fitted on 4 dresses tonight and none are suitable. it looks like im showing already:eek: but i didnt think that was possible as im so early. its defintely rounded down low but maybe the belly is bloated! i duno. duno what to do about a dress now!!!

Hey all
    Welcome all the new Nov ladies. I had a private scan at the weekend to see everything was ok as just couldn't wait til the one in the hospital. I was calculating I was 9 weeks and due 8th nov so got bit of shock when got the scan and the lady told me I am more like 13 weeks and due 10th oct!! A whole month ahead of where I thought I was! We were both bit stunned but really happy as can now tell everyone.

Did feel a bit stupid that i got things so wrong! Figured out I had been counting a bleed at start of feb as my period but it was probably just spotting which I'm glad I didn't know at the time as that would have scared me! Doesn't explain why my pregnancy test that I did showed that I was 3+ weeks so was that what had me convinced I had my dates right but maybe they don't give precise week! Anyone know? Still find it hard to believe and freaked myself out that I'm just having a massive baby! The things that go through your head!
    So I'm very glad I went for the scan as I would have been planning everything incorrectly until I went for hospital scan! Got to see the baby moving its legs and breathing so it was unexpected and so great!
    Feeling fine just tired, hope you are all doing good this week

Knock13 that's great news. A shock I am sure, but you are just a bit closer to meeting your little bundle of joy. You will be leaving us and joining the October thread? I pop by there sometimes - just to see what's ahead of me :) so I will keep an eye out for you.
    I have a scan Saturday week and can't wait. I worry now because I have had no MS. I am never happy :) just so tired everyday and sore breasts at night.
    Anybody else have no morning sickness?

Knock13 that's great news. A shock I am sure, but you are just a bit closer to meeting your little bundle of joy. You will be leaving us and joining the October thread? I pop by there sometimes - just to see what's ahead of me :) so I will keep an eye out for you.
    I have a scan Saturday week and can't wait. I worry now because I have had no MS. I am never happy :) just so tired everyday and sore breasts at night.
    Anybody else have no morning sickness?

i know how ya feel. ive no sore boobs and everyone else does. :rolleyes: now the last 3 days the morning sickness (nausea)is not as bad and im convincing myself theres something wrong!! i also have a head cold. cant breath with it and the sneezes are awful. so intense i think im doing damage!!! so silly i know but this is me now for the next few months (hopefully all going well). i think the blocked nose is somehow easing the ms as i cant smell things very well. who knows. trying to hold off for a private scan til week 12 but we will see:rolleyes::o

but i know a few people who never had ms and everything was fine! think its just different bodies dealing with it different ways!

cant remember previous posters name but congrats on being 13 weeks! ya must be so delighted. great news :)

Wow that's brilliant! Good to have skipped a few weeks. It must have been some shock though! Congrats on everything going well :-)

Sore boobs are the worst at min. I know it's stupid but don't want to invest in a maternity bra until I know everything's ok. Might just switch to sports bra!
    I've been saying to my husband oh I don't have morning sickness I'm just unsettled in the morning and cant stand the thought of most foods..he reckons its ms..I've found eating a cracker first thing helps and then by lunch I'm starving again!

I don't think it means anything to not have a particular symptom though - just have to roll with what's thrown at us :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

I don't have morning sickness but i didn't with my other two either. I keep going off different foods and craving others but my main symptom is tiredness it doesn't matter how much i sleep i have no energy. Im hoping it passes soon

My sis in law warned me about tiredness but my god. I can't seem to even go for a half hour walk without being completely drained after! Luckily I'm just in casual work at the moment. It must be so much harder for any of you who are working and/ or have other kids to take care of too!

Thanks all, it's so weird thinking that I'm due in oct now rather than nov but don't think I'm ready to leave here just yet! Will hang on here in the nov thread for awhile n maybe pop in to oct too! It explains why a lot of my clothes are very tight and at least I don't have to hide it anymore, although I still haven't gotten up the courage to tell work! There has been 4 girls going on maternity leave in the past 2 months in our dept so I just know my boss will not be happy with another leave coming up! I know it should be a happy announcement for me but I just know there will be a few comments from the male bosses and not ready for anyone dampening my happy news! Have you all told your employers yet?

I didn't have any morning sickness at all and sometimes forget I'm pregnant but I think everyone is different and the symptoms come at different stages for us all so wouldn't be worried if you don't have sickness, enjoy it while it lasts.

Hope everyone doing good

Knock13, I was happy to read your post as it made me feel a bit better. Like you I sometimes forget I am pregnant. I am just so consumed by work Monday to Friday. I feel like i have no time to listen to my body and feel anything. Like you I work in a very male environment and I know my boss will not be very happy with me. I got promoted the week after I got pregnant!! Oh well. I am not worried about telling them. I will do it the day after my 12 week scan. I just want people to know now. So what if some people get the hump!

hi all. every so often i forget im pregnant too especially when busy in work. ms/nausea so bad yesterday and today though. didnt let up all day.

i havent told work and hoping not to this time until after my 12 week scan. one woman is due to go on maternity leave in may. she only came back last march. i only came back last september! he prob wont be happy as i am a main staff that keep the team going but i dont care. so delighted im pregnant again and just hope all goes well. :) work will get by im sure. though it did go to hell when 2 of us went on maternity leave last time!!!:rolleyes:

wondering how much longer i can keep it a secret from everyone. if the nausea keeps up il have to confine myself to the house or something! im liking keeping it to myself until i get past the 12 weeks.

hope everyone is keeping well. im off now until tuesday so im delighted. need to go in search of a dress for a wedding where my belly doesnt look so bloated!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Hi all am also due in Nov suffer from pernicious anaemia and have low b12 at d mo d tiredness is unnatural having my first scan dis wk hope all will be OK congats to everyone on d thread

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Hey Ladies,

How is everyone feeling? I'm just over 11 weeks now and the sickness seems to be letting up (hopefully I'm not speaking too soon!), still in bed by 9pm every nite though... can't keep my eyes open past that! Am hoping for some more energy aswell so I can get active again... never felt so lazy/wrecked!

Scan is next Friday so I'm just counting down the days now, a bit anxious until I hear everything is ok as this is my first and I dont know what to be expecting you know, I feel like I need confirmation that I'm really pregnant!

Hope everyone is keeping well :-)

Congrats to the latest newbies.
    Had a scan today and everything thing went great. It was amazing to hear the heart beat and see the little one moving around. She told me I am 11 weeks. I thought I was 10 as per the scan I had at 6 weeks. So woohoo I am 11!!
    Less tired the past few days, still no morning sickness. I feel so lucky.

Great news on the scan! Congratulations!
    I can't stop analysing symptoms. I feel like I'm not that nauseous but I gag a lot if I see/smell something gross. I had a scan last week and am measuring a week behind what I thought so it pushes me into dec. I might just stick around this thread a little longer if you ladies don't mind as there's no dec group :-)
    Hope everyone's getting on well!

• Advertisement

congrats on the scans ladies.

my ms/nausea is not letting up. fairly tired to but the nausea is the worst. smells and foods set it off but its always there! dont remember it like this on my first. im still nervous and hopin everything is fine. theres def a rounding of the lower belly. have a scan on may 11th. cant wait. 9 weeks now.

Advertisement