Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Helllo ladies, Congrats to all the newbies and those who have had their scans-I'm jealous:pac:!

Not been on in a while really suffering with the nausea and vomiting every day and been feeling quite down over it:(

I still don't believe it's real, can't wait for my booking in appointment to have my first scan and see if they're is really something in there!!! Mine's on the 3rd May so less than 2 weeks to wait now , I swear time has never passed as slowly in my life before!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wex83

Hey everyone,
    I'm new to this thread. Just gone 12 weeks now and had my first appointment and scan and all went well. Luckily I've had no morning sickness or nausea so far but suddenly today since I woke this morning I've been feeling really dizzy all day. Has anyone else experienced this? As its my first pregnancy I'm not sure what's normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

wex83 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    I'm new to this thread. Just gone 12 weeks now and had my first appointment and scan and all went well. Luckily I've had no morning sickness or nausea so far but suddenly today since I woke this morning I've been feeling really dizzy all day. Has anyone else experienced this? As its my first pregnancy I'm not sure what's normal!
    Ive been very lightheaded and dizzy especially when I stand up suddenly, Ive had it the whole time in fact I knew I was pregnant before I took a test because of it. I think its because my blood pressure can be a bit low when Im pregnant but its not a problem I try to make sure I eat often to keep my blood sugar up and that really helps

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Helllo ladies, Congrats to all the newbies and those who have had their scans-I'm jealous:pac:!

Not been on in a while really suffering with the nausea and vomiting every day and been feeling quite down over it:(

I still don't believe it's real, can't wait for my booking in appointment to have my first scan and see if they're is really something in there!!! Mine's on the 3rd May so less than 2 weeks to wait now , I swear time has never passed as slowly in my life before!

i hear ya on the nausea! im thankful that im not vomiting but the nausea is there all the time. somedays im thinking there is something wrong and its not normal to feel nausea all the time!!!:rolleyes: i didnt have it all the time on my first but i know each one is different. just really want my scan so i can see a baby there please God!

i hear ya on the nausea! im thankful that im not vomiting but the nausea is there all the time. somedays im thinking there is something wrong and its not normal to feel nausea all the time!!!:rolleyes: i didnt have it all the time on my first but i know each one is different. just really want my scan so i can see a baby there please God!

Does your GP/Midwife keep telling you its just a great sign of a healthy baby? I think they just say that to try and make ya feel better coz I read online that only 50% or less of women suffer from morning sickness so it can't really be true!

I actually had a really good day yesterday relatively nausea free all day but the minute I got in to bed it just hit me, was so disappointed I thought maybe I was rid of it!

On the Dizzy thing I worked with a girl who's main pregnancy sympton was dizzyness- she had to walk off during the day and lie on the ground with her feet on a chair up to feel better! Think it is related to blood pressure or low iron can't remember which- should have paid more attention:P

• Advertisement

Finally seem to have passed the epic tiredness stage still have the nausea but am nine weeks so hopefully that will go soon too mad question but has anyone else been having really itchy nipples? I could gladly have torn mine off the last two days

ameee wrote: »
    Finally seem to have passed the epic tiredness stage still have the nausea but am nine weeks so hopefully that will go soon too mad question but has anyone else been having really itchy nipples? I could gladly have torn mine off the last two days

cant say i have that symptom. my boobs arent growing or anything!! im 10 weeks and oh the nausea. thats all i can say. least its a pregnancy symptom!!

cant say i have that symptom. my boobs arent growing or anything!! im 10 weeks and oh the nausea. thats all i can say. least its a pregnancy symptom!!

I had it with my other pregnancies too think its just skin stretching as my chest is getting bigger by the day

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Hey everyone... hope you're all keepin well :-)

FINALLY had my scan last Friday (thought it was never going to come around) I was 12 weeks 4 days getting it done so it was great, it looked like a proper little baby... it's finally made it sink in that there is something in there! Everything was fine thank god.... the little thing was jumping around like a lunatic - it took ages to get a good picture waiting for it to stay still haha.

I was so relieved after the scan I just feel like I can relax now... also feel much better and have alot more energy this week... I'm told the 2nd trimester is the best and it's looking good so far :-)

How is everyone else getting on lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

Hi All, I'm new here :) My due date is 30th November so realistically I probably should be in the December thread! Myself and OH were very luck to conceive within a month of me coming off the pill which we are truly grateful for, however, it has meant that everything seems to have happened very quickly. Feeling quite nauseous although very rarely actually getting sick, a lot of gagging though! Tiredness is still there but def getting better and boobs not really tender anymore. Scan on 21st May which cannot come around quickly enough. I never thought time could go so slowly! Looking forward to second trimester and to feeling better. Booked an apt to get my hair done on Saturday coz all the sickness has left me feeling a bit horrible in myself so I fancy treating myself. Here's to the next 7 months :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭puddle duck

Hi all. Well just back from our holiday. Had a great time and got on Ok with the 7 hr flight. Did loads of walking and of course eating to match. Have 12 week scan tomorrow. I think they weigh you and I am dreading that :(. I know that should be the least of my worries. Looking forward to see the little one again. Will be 13 weeks on Friday - everyone can find out then. Looking forward to that.

Hi All, I'm new here :) My due date is 30th November so realistically I probably should be in the December thread! Myself and OH were very luck to conceive within a month of me coming off the pill which we are truly grateful for, however, it has meant that everything seems to have happened very quickly. Feeling quite nauseous although very rarely actually getting sick, a lot of gagging though! Tiredness is still there but def getting better and boobs not really tender anymore. Scan on 21st May which cannot come around quickly enough. I never thought time could go so slowly! Looking forward to second trimester and to feeling better. Booked an apt to get my hair done on Saturday coz all the sickness has left me feeling a bit horrible in myself so I fancy treating myself. Here's to the next 7 months :)
    Im due around the 27th so i might end up in the December thread too :-) my scan is on the 15th so looking forward to then we can tell the kids at last

Hi all. Well just back from our holiday. Had a great time and got on Ok with the 7 hr flight. Did loads of walking and of course eating to match. Have 12 week scan tomorrow. I think they weigh you and I am dreading that :(. I know that should be the least of my worries. Looking forward to see the little one again. Will be 13 weeks on Friday - everyone can find out then. Looking forward to that.

Welcome back Puddle Duck! Glad to hear you had a great time- do you have any tips/advice for the flight? We're heading off on Friday week and am absolutely dreading our 10+ hour flight!

Didn't think of that but I'm delighted now that I have my appointment this Friday so will be weighed before hols and not after:P

Let us know how you get on tomorrow, I don't even know where to go once I get in the door of the Rotunda so you'll have to fill me in!

Hi BriarPatch. For the flight I would recommend you bring some snacks in case you don't like the food on the flight. I brought trail mix and rice cakes with some peanut butter on them. Drink lots of water during and before the flight and I also wore flight socks. I missed taking a sleeping tablet - I used to like to take one on a long haul flight. Will update tomorrow after my scan :)

So, had scan today. All went well. Little peanut was curled up, still recovering from jet lag and was not as active as last scan. But we saw the heart beating and legs moving. The scan that we had done privately was much clearer and indepth. Got weighed - bmi ok - blood pressure - ok. Got bloods taken and gave urine sample. We were there for just over 2 hours. Next scan the end of June. Can't wait for that as we get to find out if it is a boy or a girl.

hi all, had an early scan today due to some spotting. im 11 weeks. all looks good!:D i saw the arm move and the legs stretch out. looking forward to my private scan cos i think ill see more and for longer. this appt was very quick but it did the job! nausea also seems to have eased which freaked me out a bit but now im thinking it just eased up a bit earlier! appetite seems to be retuning a bit. hope ye are all well. even tho i was told all is good im still half afraid to go to the loo!!

Great to hear everyone getting on well with scans!

Thanks for the advice about travelling Puddle duck, never even thought about bringing snacks despite the fact I need to snack wherever I go these days!

So had my appointment yesterday, it was mental busy in there I was there 4 hours in total although I seemed to have problems at every stage like computers not working, veins collapsing when they tried to take blood!
    But it was great to see my first scan:D There was loads of somersaults and acrobatics going on in there so no wonder I've been feeling so ill! They also changed my EDD to 24.11 although I'm pretty sure of my dates and think it can't be that far back but have to go with it now sure baby will come out when it's ready in the end!

Unfortunately have to back next week to attend the co-agulation clinic for a blood problem I have not looking forward to that after the disaster of blood taking yesterday!

Red Fraggle- my morning sickness seems to be finally easing a little bit too- hope Im not speaking too soon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi girls,
    I am new here and never posted anything in my life but enjoyed reading your posts so thought I would give it a go. I am due nov 12th. Saw some of you are going to the Rotunda too which is nice. Had my 12 week scan last Friday and the staff seem lovely. It's my first baby so didn't know what to expect. All went great though and have my 20 week scan at the end of June. Feels like along way off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sweet chilli

Hi girls,
    I am new here and never posted anything in my life but enjoyed reading your posts so thought I would give it a go. I am due nov 12th. Saw some of you are going to the Rotunda too which is nice. Had my 12 week scan last Friday and the staff seem lovely. It's my first baby so didn't know what to expect. All went great though and have my 20 week scan at the end of June. Feels like along way off!

Hi girls,

Congrats and Welcome!

Were you there on Friday just gone- May 3rd?

Maybe we passed each other!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sweet chilli

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Congrats and Welcome!

Were you there on Friday just gone- May 3rd?

Maybe we passed each other!!

Yea May 3rd. That's gas!! Been spreading the news since. It's so nice to get past the twelve week mark!

I realise that I am probably overly sensitive at the moment :) but a couple of people really annoyed me over the weekend and would love to know if you have experienced the same kind of thing and how you feel about it.

I was saying to my sis-in-law that I'd had to go to the shops to get some new leggings because my jeans were uncomfortable and tight already and she advised me that there was no point in only getting one size bigger (as I did) because I would definitely need at least 2 sizes bigger and that I should enjoy being skinny while I can because I won't be skinny for a long time. She also told me that we needed to move our sitting room furniture around and when we said we didn't she said that our room was too small and 'you think you won't need to, but you will'. She had a baby at Christmas and just seems to think she's some kind of oracle now!

Was out with my friends and mentioned after the cinema that I was heading home to bed because I was tired and one told me that I won't be able to do that for much longer and 'wait until you have a screaming baby at home, you won't be able to just do what you want then'. I then went on to say how it's great that €20 is all I need on a night out because I don't have to buy drink and she said I think it's great now but wait until I have nappies etc to buy...I don't even see how that's relevant!

I'm just starting to get annoyed because I don't understand why people don't have anything nice to say at such an exciting time for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Hey girls I'm in the October thread but was having a quick peek. Whatever fools can I just say a big YES to what you posted!!!! I am getting the same from everyone. My god the negativity! All condescending looks and 'Oh make the most of X/Y/Z because you wont be doing any of that when the baby comes'.

I'm glad to hear that :), I was starting to think that my hormones were worse than I thought because I've actually been feeling level enough. If one thing has come out of it, I will remember in future to remind pregnant ladies of all the good things that come with being pregnant and having a baby. Yes, it's hard and yes, there are some days that you just want to feel like yourself but if it wasn't worth it then there'd be no babies in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Exactly. I have a friend also pregnant and she has found it the same so we made a pact not to be like that in the future!

I haven't experience any of this yet as still have to tell most of my friends but I'm definitely anticpating it as I'm the first of all my friends to be pregnant!

Even though I'm expecting it I still think it will drive me mad as I can be super sensitive about things these days- damn hormones:rolleyes:

i hear what your saying. i had it on my first. and while it might be true no one seems to tell you that there are babysitters, you can still go out and life does not end etc. and you dont need to rearrange anything until your baby is on the move! they'll let ya know what ya have to move ;) and what about running in the door from a night out to run and see them fast asleep and so cute. no one tells you that your'e heart melts everytime they do something new no matter how small! my 16 month old built 6 blocks high today and was so pleased with herself as was i!! no one tells you that although your life might change, it is 100 percent for the better (in most cases:rolleyes:) and after a while you wonder what you used to do with your time! so much love for this little peron you grew and they have so much love for you and when they start giving hugs and kisses its so emotional!! now it is hard obviously but ya learn and get through it cos when ya look at their little face nothing else matters!!!

ignore these people and respond by saying yeh but i dont care it will be worth it for the first smile,crawl,step, word, being bold....etc

im pregnant with number 2 so im interested in what ppl will say probably oh twice the work and trouble now but il have my responses ready!! possibly telling ppl this weekend.

sorry for the long post! great to see a few ppl posts in here.

That was such a lovely post red fraggle. I can't wait now.

Thanks for that red fraggle, I will certainly bear it all in mind and will be much better prepared for their comments in the future!

• Advertisement

Hi All, I hope everyone is keeping well. I thought it would be a good idea to create a list of all our due dates and which hospital we are attending.
    Just copy the list into your post if you need to update any information. I have just read historical posts and compiled the list - may need some updating.

Chuckster - 6th Nov -
    puddle duck - 8th Nov - Rotunda
    Courtney1234 - 11th Nov - Coombe
    sweet chilli - 12th Nov - Rotunda
    phat Albert's wife - 14th Nov
    petite lapin - 15th Nov
    Briar Patch - 24th Nov - Rotunda
    ameee - 27th Nov
    whatever_fools - 30th Nov

Advertisement