Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

Hey ladies, new here to the forum,.. have been reading through the thread.. Im due on the 29th of November with my first little baby.. Hope all is well with everyone.. Quick question... Im not really feeling any kicks yet.. I can feel some movement but nothing major... Kinda worried and haven't a scan till next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Hi Gonzp...

Welcome and congratulations! I was around 23 weeks before I felt some proper consistent kicks... I had definitely felt movement before that but wasn't able to tell the difference between gas and movement at that stage, it was very faint. Then the baby felt very active for a week and now this week I think it's moved coz I have felt a few kicks but not as strong.

I was starting to get worried aswell about the same time as you but at my 22 week appointment the midwife was listening for the heartbeat with the doppler and it took her ages to count the heartbeat coz the baby was kicking away and that was louder than the heartbeat... I couldnt feel a thing though!

Try not to worry yourself before your scan next week and good luckk :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

Gonzp wrote: »
    Hey ladies, new here to the forum,.. have been reading through the thread.. Im due on the 29th of November with my first little baby.. Hope all is well with everyone.. Quick question... Im not really feeling any kicks yet.. I can feel some movement but nothing major... Kinda worried and haven't a scan till next week...

I wouldn't worry at all, im due on the 27th and i can feel a lot off kicking but this is my third and you feel the baby earlier each time i definitely didn't feel proper kicks this early on my first. I think it depends how your baby is sitting too as in mine is sitting with its legs out towards my belly so its very easy to feel but if they are sitting bum out kicking inwards it can be harder to feel so try to relax :-) sure as soon as you start getting proper kicks you Will start worrying every time they don't do it for a few hours , there is always something to worry about.

Thanks ladies, appreciate the replies, ye have eased my mind a lot...nice to know its pretty normal...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Welcome Gonzp!
    I think it can also depend where your placenta is- I read in one of my books that if your placenta is at the front it will block some of the feelings from kicks for a few more weeks!

I think my baby has moved position too, It feels like he's kicking my cervix ( I don't know if that's even possible) but he's kicking something uncomfortable anyway!

I started pregnancy yoga at the weekend, it was very nice and relaxing- went home and had a nap after :D

• Advertisement

Yep Briarpatch is right... I was told at my first scan that my placenta had attached to the front of my womb and that it would absorb alot of the movement, meaning I wouldn't feel a thing until alot later than if it was somewhere else.
    My friend is a week ahead of me and I was real worried as she could feel hers moving about 7 weeks before me (both ftm's) , I just had to be patient!

Has anyone thought of any names yet? First baby so yuo'd think I have loadsa names picked out but have none even in the running yet as nearly everything I suggest my partner doesn't like, yet he hasn't suggested anything himself... men :mad:

No names yet going to wait for our scan next week to see can we find out the sex that way we can reduce the arguments by fifty percent :-)

My other half is the same with names, every name I suggest he doesnt like but everytime I ask him to suggest one he likes he just shrugs it off...We have a girls name agreed but thats it...Emily Philippa.... The second is after an uncle who was dying when I found out I was pregnant.... We had been trying for a good while and I had lots of issues (or still have, I presume)....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

My gf is due in November and has been experiencing contractions over the weekend, sometimes a few per hour. The doctor today tracked for 15 mins but none happened during that time and scans showed the uterus to be fully closed. Just said to take extra magnesium and that it could be from tiredness. Anyone else experiencing this?

Were they painfull or just uncomfortable like a tightening feeling? I get a lot of tightening brackston hicks from about fifteen weeks on a couple of times a day they are quite uncomfortable but not painfull. I had my first three and a half weeks early and my second on my due date Im 22 weeks along with my third. If the doctor is not too concerned i wouldn't worry too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

ameee wrote: »
    Were they painfull or just uncomfortable like a tightening feeling? I get a lot of tightening brackston hicks from about fifteen weeks on a couple of times a day they are quite uncomfortable but not painfull. I had my first three and a half weeks early and my second on my due date Im 22 weeks along with my third. If the doctor is not too concerned i wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks for the reply, didn't know they were called braxton hicks, that is good to know.

They are just uncomfortable, her muscles tighten up and are rock hard. Might be tiredness from the weather and not drinking enough liquid, yesterday was not too bad. It was the first day under 30 degrees in a while so it was easier moving about.

Glad to help and sorry I spelled it wrong :o . They will probably get more uncomfortable as the baby gets bigger and bigger. Now this isnt fact at all just my opinion but I had braxton hicks a lot with my first two and I had really quick labours five hours and two hours so I think the more practice contractions you have the better prepared the womb is for when the time comes but I could be wrong! Ive had loads with this pregnancy but I wont know until november if my theory is right :D

Had our scan yesterday everything is great and it looks like we are having a girl :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

congrats ameee.

back pain, side pain. that is all.

going away for 2 nights tomorrow with my hubby. cant wait. my sister is minding e. we are then bringin e off for the day on sunday :)

ameee wrote: »
    Had our scan yesterday everything is great and it looks like we are having a girl :-)

Congrats Amee! What do you have already?

Enjoy your weekend Red Fraggle!

Nothing much to report here finally feeling pretty ok!

Started Pregnancy Aqua Aerobics the other night, really enjoyed it!

A boy and a girl so i really didn't mind either way :-) heartburn is tormenting me at the moment

had a lovely weekend despite my 18month old having a high temp of 39.8 and her aunty bringing her to doc. temp still there tonight but shes in grand form. checking on her constantly though. imagine with 2!:rolleyes:

Congratulations Ameee!! aw a little girl how cute. so only girls names to think of now ;-) dying to know what I'm having... only 13 weeks of suspense left to go!

How is everyone feeling? I'm feeling massive all of a sudden, the bump has taken a serious growth spurt the last week or so... I was out shopping with my friends on Saturday and kept dropping stuff (feeling the baby brain now) and they had to keep picking up after me haha.. the state of me trying to bend over. Only 27 weeks ... imagine me when I've grown even more.

Has anyone gotten a 3D/4D scan before? I've always said I wouldn't get one coz It hink they look a bit creepy but am changing my mind now since I've still a bit to go and I think it'd be nice to have something to look forward to. If you got one did you get to see much and was it worth getting??

chuckster wrote: »
    Congratulations Ameee!! aw a little girl how cute. so only girls names to think of now ;-) dying to know what I'm having... only 13 weeks of suspense left to go!

Feels very very scary to me to see this written!

Had to laugh I always thought those 3D scans were creepy myself but now I'd love to see some photos of him again! Think I'll save my money though.

We treated ourselves to a new mattress yesterday, our other was awful and I'm getting more and more uncomfortable at night, haven't slept well at all the last few nights:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 aniwa

hi,

I'm due 11th-12th November with my second child. Another girl on the way! I'm feeling so exhausted from looking after the first one, she's almost 17th months now. Any advice how to cope with tiredness?

• Advertisement

Hi aniwa, i was fairly tired so i looked up high energy foods and i try to eat as many of them as i can and that helps just Google high energy food and you Will get some recipe ideas. Some days though when im really wrecked i grab a can of coke and a bar of chocolate to keep myself going. My two are four and seven so they wouldn't need quite as much running around after as a seventeen month old that must be quite tiring!

Thanks ameee!

Yeah, it is tiring but she is also so much fun. It's just that I can't keep up with her with the growing bump. No need for going to the gym when I have her :)

aniwa wrote: »
    hi,

I'm due 11th-12th November with my second child. Another girl on the way! I'm feeling so exhausted from looking after the first one, she's almost 17th months now. Any advice how to cope with tiredness?

i know how you feel!! im due nov 21st and have a 19 month old. i have to nap every day when she does. i dont get the nap on days i work and i feel it! tiredness is unreal some days then other days (rare!) i feel grand. but like yours she is great craic and a very good child who doesnt need much minding. just likes to be on the go. then gets tired and might need to be carried. wont be doing that for much longer!

i know how you feel!! im due nov 21st and have a 19 month old. i have to nap every day when she does. i dont get the nap on days i work and i feel it! tiredness is unreal some days then other days (rare!) i feel grand. but like yours she is great craic and a very good child who doesnt need much minding. just likes to be on the go. then gets tired and might need to be carried. wont be doing that for much longer!

Lucky you! Mine needs a lot of attention and she became very clingy recently. I think she feels something is different with mommy and that's why she barely leaves my side these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Hope everyone is well! Just a q for u all about weight. How much have you gained? Ive had alot of ppl saying im v small and ive put on 6lbs. What is normal at 26wks?

Finally getting my scan on fri hoping to find out what we are having :) Fingers crossed!

im 26 weeks today!! im huge. well i think i am. on my first though i was small and neat as ppl kept saying and looking back i was def smaller than with my second. i never kept an eye on weight gain to be honest!!

right now its so hard to pick up things from the floor or tie my shoe laces etc. i was at 38 weeks before this happened last time. think maybe its cos baby might be lying sideways. what will i be like at 38 weeks or even 32 weeks this time!!!

Hi,

I put on 6kg. I agree with red fraggle, second time I got bigger much sooner too. My husband needed to tie my shoes for me this morning and I'm 28 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Well had my appointment today and they were happy enough so not worrying about it anymore :) we found out we are having a boy:) Its mad really thought was a girl..My daughter so disappointed my son delighted been name war since :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I've put on 21lbs already and am not even 27 weeks. Last time I put on 25lbs for the whole pregnancy and this time I've a full trimester to go.

• Advertisement

Haven't actually weighed myself since the 12 week appointment!

Thought I was getting away with all the weight going on the bump but I had a proper look in the mirror the other day and my legs are bloody ginormous! Have been feel so stretched in the tummy this week I may be about to burst soon.

Does anyone know what happens at the 28 week hospital appointment? Do they take blood again?

Advertisement