Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Chuckster - 6th Nov -
    puddle duck - 8th Nov - Rotunda
    Courtney1234 - 11th Nov - Coombe
    sweet chilli - 12th Nov - Rotunda
    phat Albert's wife - 14th Nov
    petite lapin - 15th Nov
    red fraggle - 21st Nov-wexford
    Briar Patch - 24th Nov - Rotunda
    ameee - 27th Nov
    whatever_fools - 30th Nov

cool great idea. i just added myself in there!

hi all,

had my 12 week scan yesterday. it was great. baby was very quiet but did give us a wave and a kick. she said everthing looks good. my 16month old called it a woof woof :D

we told our families today. husbands family didnt have a clue. my mam had an inkling and my granny knew 2 weeks ago cos i looked so tired and my hair was like straw!!:rolleyes: hmm ya wouldnt think your granny would be paying such close attention. we wrote 'im gone be a big sister' on my daughters tshirt. it was great. took his family 10mins to cop it mine took a few mins.

few pains today. prob all stretching. im def showing. think cos its the second and cos ive told ppl ive 'let it out'!:rolleyes: heres to a healthy pregnancy now.

going to new york on the 24th. a bit nervous but looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

Great idea, just updated my hospital there!

Chuckster - 6th Nov -
    petite lapin - 15th Nov
    ameee - 27th Nov
    whatever_fools - 30th Nov - Rotunda

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

Chuckster - 6th Nov -
    petite lapin - 15th Nov
    ameee - 27th Nov-Rotunda

Updated with my hospital, having my twelve week scan tomoro sooo nervous and excited! Going to tell our son and daughter they will have a new little brother or sister after the scan :)

Twelve week scan today went great :) it was amazing seeing our little baby bouncing around

• Advertisement

hi all. had some bright red spotting and then brown spotting today so i rang early pregnancy unit and had a scan.they were great. they said all was fine and baby is growing. its brill news but im just so nervous now. im 13 weeks tomorrow and thought the spotting might be behind me. i dont care if i get spotting as long as i know all is fine. still have morning sickness too. just half afraid to go to the loo now again! it was great to see baby again even if it was very quiet and only hiccuping!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭puddle duck

Hi red fraggle. I had that at 6 weeks. It must have been very strange to get it at 13 weeks. But that's great news and everything is ok. You just need to try and relax now

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭puddle duck

Ameee, just saw your post. That's great news. The whole experience is so amazing:)

Ameee, just saw your post. That's great news. The whole experience is so amazing:)

Thanks Im so thrilled :)
    Red fraggle that must have been very scary hope thats the last of it for you

Hi red fraggle. I had that at 6 weeks. It must have been very strange to get it at 13 weeks. But that's great news and everything is ok. You just need to try and relax now

yeh it was awful. i had a bit at 11 weeks also. trying to relax about it all now. i still have pains but always have and im thinking it might be my IBS so i got stuff from the chemist today which should help. so hard to relax im running to the loo constantly but im gona start with my positivity now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

Hi Guys, I have a quick question. I am just 12 weeks now since Saturday but on Fri evening I noticed that I have a MASSIVE bump. I met some friends for dinner who were suggesting that there may be more than one in there (there are twins in both our families) and I am just in a panic now. Does anyone else have a big bump at this stage? I wasn't hugely sick or overly tired for the last few weeks so none of the other symptoms have been too bad and I have my 12 week scan tomo so ill find out soon enough but just in the meantime...! Thanks :)

Im 13 weeks on wednesday and I only have a teeny bump just looks like Ive had a big meal :) I am finding my jeans a bit tight around my waist so Im going to buy a few bits in a size bigger next week.Ive had my scan so only one baby for sure. Let us know after you have your scan good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Finally joining this group as I had my booking appointment & scan last Thursday & all was fine. 14 weeks today & due on the 18th of November in the Rotunda.

hi all. hope ye are keeping well.

had more red spotting fri. had a scan today and told all was ok and it was fine to go to new york fri. told to s=come back if bleeding came back or got heavy.

delighted all is ok but still nervous in case it returns. so nervewracking. gona try look forward to our family trip to visit my brother on friday. think once im there ill be happier. getting my sis in law to line up a doc close by just in case

Hi everyone I have my first appointment in the rotunda on wednesday Ill be 15 weeks . Just wondering if anyone knows were the handiest place to park in town would be? with my other two I used to just get a bus in as I hated driving in town but I dont mind anymore just dont know were to park? appointment is at 12.30 if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Hi Ladies,

Happy Bank Holiday Weekend!

I have returned in one piece from my holidays :-) Surprising didn't find the long flights too bad at all- took all your advice thanks Puddle Duck!

Jet Lag did affect my morning sickness though so I didn't manage to escape it although did have some good days and I think its finally letting up now (fingers crossed) I was glad it was a busy kind of holiday as I don't think I would have been up for lying on a beach in the hot sun at all, any days that were particularly hot made me sick!

Sorry to hear about your worries Red Fraggle- hope you are having a fab time in NY!

From the list it seems like nearly all the November ladies are heading to the Rotunda- I wonder if any of us will end up in the same ward!

Ameee- When I went for my appointment I parked in the car park behind the cinema on Parnell Street, not sure if you know it but just drive past cinema away from Rotunda and follow the signs- sorry Im not much good at directions! I think there may also carparks there at the Ilac Centre but I went for that one as I'd been there before!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Hey Everyone,

How is everyone keeping? glad to hear all the scans/ travelling is going well.

18 weeks this week and have another scan on the 17th so can't wait.

I was wondering has anyone felt any movement yet? I havnt yet, I know it takes longer in first time mothers, and also the doc told me the placenta has formed on the front of the womb so that absorbs the baby's movements so will be even longer for me,,, but I'm getting impatient!! Apart from some sickenss everyone couple days and the small start of a bump (which just makes me look like I ate too many pies) I dont feel pregnant really.

How is everyone else getting along? Are any of you noticeably showing yet?

Hope everyones well

(also had to update this)

Chuckster - 4th Nov - Australia
    petite lapin - 15th Nov
    ameee - 27th Nov-Rotunda

Hi chuckster i have been having some movement but this is my third and i didn't have movement this early before. I don't have much of a bump only when i lie down then its very prominent . We are off to Disneyland Paris for a week on Saturday so im a bit worried about my energy levels over there but if i take rests while the other half and the kids are on rides i can't go on i should be ok :-) i imagine my bump Will be huge coming back after a week of French food!

Aw hopefully you'll be ok over there... I'm only getting my energy back to somewhat normal and I havent got 2 other kids to run around after, Fair play to you!

Don't even talk about food... I had every intention of being totally healthy when pregnant but thats gone out the window , I was getting sick so much I was pretty much just eating bread, cereal and potatoes... and then ice-cream coz I felt sorry for myself haha! Back to healthy eating this week or I'll be big as a house, so see how that goes. But you'll be on holidays so go mad! you couldnt go to France and not stuff your face ;-)

I know the food is just so nice i won't be able to help myself. We booked it when i found out i was pregnant so we could have a lovely week with the kids before the baby comes but i had forgotten how tiring being pregnant was, we have gone to Disneyland before and its exhausting at the best of times but my energy levels are coming back to normal so i should be ok.
    My husband is off this week too so he is being a great help with all the organising and packing he starts treating me like im made of glass when im pregnant which usually annoys me but i don't mind this week !
    Its very hard not to comfort eat isn't it? Im gone subway and ice pop mad , I've eaten all the kids loop d loops!

• Advertisement

haha you can say that again... I've also discovered a baskin robins beside work that I never knew existed before, 50 different flavours of ice-cream... it can only lead to disaster!

I'm dying for subway but my doctor told me not to eat deli meats and salad etc that I dont wash myself. I actually asked the midwife again at my last checkup (she asked me had I any questions about my pregnancy that she hadnt covered and that was my only one haha) coz I was craving subway but she said dont eat it. Maybe it's just the aussie doctors taking things to the extreme would you think?. I dont know how long I can last! I was given a list as long as my arm of what not to eat, I was telling my mam and friends and some of them thought it was a bit over the top but I dunno, as it's my first I'm just doing what I'm told to be on the safe side!

I also really want a loop d loop now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I ate subway all through my last pregnancy & deli meats from places that are clean & tidy & the meat doesn't look like it's been sitting there for long periods. I know they say to avoid all that stuff, but thankfully never had a problem. Haven't avoided them this time so far either.

Oral Slang wrote: »
    I ate subway all through my last pregnancy & deli meats from places that are clean & tidy & the meat doesn't look like it's been sitting there for long periods. I know they say to avoid all that stuff, but thankfully never had a problem. Haven't avoided them this time so far either.

Yeah Im the same i know which places are good and which are dodgy and i avoid anything with mayo just to be on the safe side. Our local subway is so busy the meat is constantly being replaced and i have never had a problem there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I thought with mayo, you only have to avoid it if it's fresh? The pasteurised stuff is fine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Tlachtga wrote: »
    I thought with mayo, you only have to avoid it if it's fresh? The pasteurised stuff is fine?

That's correct, homemade mayo has raw egg yolks, (unfortunately) very few people make homemade mayo anymore (and it's sooo good), so pastuerised store bought mayo has no raw eggs, just lots of oil and chemically goodness.

Tlachtga wrote: »

The one you buy uses pasturised eggs so its fine but in delis you don't know for sure though they wouldn probably check if you asked

hi all,

good to here everyone seems to be doing good. I made it to new york and back safe and sound with no hiccups thank god.my daughter was brilliant on the plane andover there. she couldnt have been better. so proud of her and she was waving at everyone and smiling like she was royalty!!

i didnt eat great out there so trying to avoid any type of take out food or greasy food. its so hard to eat properly on hols cos your on the go so much. well we were and it was tiring!

my bump has grown so im hopin thats a sign that all is good. i have the nurse appt in a week and a half where im hoping to here the heart beat. im constantly needing the loo now anyone else the same? didnt think that happened til later on! few pains round the lower region of my belly. think its stretching pains.

hope everyone is doing well!!!

Hey everyone,

Red Fraggle how did yout appointment go? did you get to hear the heartbeat? Cool isnt it!

Officically over halfway there now... hope the next 20 weeks or however long goes as quick. Had the big scan on Monday,,, it was so cute seeing how much it's grown and how active it is. Everything is healthy anyway. Managed to restrain myself from finding out the sex aswell - I was so tempted!

Hope everyone else is keeping well ans all of the scans and appointments are all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Hi all,

Has anyone been to their first ante-natal class yet?

Mine is on Monday, I can't wait feels like time has been passing so slowly between my booking appointment and now!

Every night when I go to bed I'm trying to see if I can feel any movement but I've got nothing yet:(

Well done Chuckster on your self control for not finding out the sex, I'm dying to have my scan now and find out!!!

• Advertisement

hi all. i thought no one was posting here anymore cos ive checked in a few times but left no comment as i thought id be talking to myself :D

got to hear the heartbeat which was great. im having some movements. think its cos its my second. i love it. looking forward to feeling it much more. still nervous when i get a pain. madness!

have my booking in appt next week i think. cant find my letter! its here somewhere. do ya get to hear the heartbeat at this too? scan is not til middle of july. ill be 23 weeks when i get it i think.

i prob wont be doing the antenatal classes this time but i loved them and i would do them again but i think ppl dont do them the second time!!!

im 18 weeks now :D cant wait for my scan.

how are the bumps coming along?

Advertisement