Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2013

Options
  • 11-03-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello - I have been waiting for someone to post a "Due in November" thread, but decided to do it myself:).
    I am due the 8th of Nov and today, made my appointment for the first scan - got a date for the first week in May. Exciting times. So far I have been feeling pretty good.
    Are there any other November 2013 pregnant ladies out there?:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Hi Puddle Duck,
    I'm new to boards but also due in November so will be joining you for the next few months!
    Just found out at the weekend and its a surprise to say the least! Still in shock!
    Have actually been feeling pretty rotten the past week so am relieved in a way to find out I'm not actally sick!
    Where did you make your appointment for and are you getting an early scan?
    I'm busy researching all the hospital choices at the moment:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭puddle duck

Hi BriarPatch
    Congrats. I found out 2 weeks ago with a home rest and then made an appointment for my GP and she confirmed the pregnancy and gave me a referral letter for the rotunda. I had picked there based on recommendations from others. This is my first pregnancy - so a bit lost. I don't have an early scan. It didn't cross my mind. Maybe I should look into that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Hey congratulations ladies!

I also found out 2 weeks ago that I'm due around the 6th November. First scan isnt for another month.

First baby for me.. I'm very excited!! :)

Just to let you know Briar Patch i have booked an appointment for an early scan on week 10 - fingers crossed everything goes OK. Some days I wonder am i still pregnant as I feel "normal".

Congrats and welcome Chuckster!:D

I think I will go with Rotunda also Puddle Duck as it is closest to work so will be handiest, I tried to call up this afternoon to make an appointment myself but it always went to a machine, I moved last year so don't have a GP around here to go to yet :confused:
    Depending on when I get my first appointment I may book an early scan as we are heading on hols for middle 2 weeks of May so if my date is after that I'll probably go with an early scan for peace of mind before I go!

I've had extreme tiredness all day today in work, funny though as soon as I came home I've perked up alot!!

• Advertisement

BriarPatch, what date do you think are due?
    I have the same reason for getting an early scan as I am flying the end of April and I want to make sure everything is ok before we go and then have the 12 week scan when we get back.
    Put the feet up for the evening and relax :)

I think November 13th based on those online calulators!

Aw that was good timing on our part to fly just at the begining of the second trimester! Fingers crossed everything will go smoothly before then

Must try calling again tomorrow and finding a GP to attend coz I already have some questions that can't wait until May time to be answered!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Hi Puddleduck and other November ladies
    I am also due the 8th November and was keeping an eye to see if anyone was posting yet so delighted to see this! Im very excited and petrified at the same time!

Found out for sure last week with confirmation at the GP! Its my first so I havent a clue where to start and wish I had listened more closely to friends and sister about the hospital options before as cant really ask them just yet! I rang a few Dublin hospitals today to get more information but I just dont know where or what option is best. Can I ask how you made your decision on hospital options?

I also asked if the hospital would do an early scan and was told no unless a risky pregnancy, did you book early scans at a private clinic? Would like to do for peace of mind.

thanks for any advice

Congrats Knock13:)
    Its my first pregnancy also, so we can all learn together. I picked the Rotunda based on other peoples recommendations and its close to home and work. I booked my scan with a private clinic. If you google private scans you will see a lot of options. I am happier now that I have booked an early scan.
    Anyone having morning sickness yet? Its no for me and I hope it stays that way :)

Welcome Knock 13:D

Got through to the Rotunda this morning and the lady said she will send the information out in the post, hope it won't take too long!

I chose it based on the fact I was born there myself and its the closest to work which will be handy for appointments later on. Probably could have given it more thought and research but I was eager to get registered somewhere already.

Puddle Duck- Luckily no morning sickness to report yet although I have today added leg cramps to my list of complaints, am googling away here now and trying to convince myself I don't not have a DVT!

• Advertisement

Hi Ladies,

Puddle Duck... no morning sickness but I've been sick in the evenings... it's delightful! Normally I'm starving in the evenings after work/gym but now I'm either sick or not hungry. Glad it's that way though coz it might give the game away if I was running off to the toilet in work all morning!!

I'm already getting questions about why I'm not going over over Paddys wkend because I'm normally on a mad one haha. I'm jut saying the OH suprised me with a weekend away... I'm in Australia the last year & a half (I'm from Dublin) so at least I have less people to hide it from until i know everything is ok!

6 weeks yesterday (according to the doc).... seems like forever away until 40 weeks!!!

Hi ladies. Had an eventful day yesterday. Went to the bathroom yesterday evening and there seemed to be fresh blood when I went to the toilet. Not much but enough to get me worried. I only got it once yesterday but I rang my doc and she told me to go to A&E in the rotunda. So off we went. It was a little earlier than I was expecting - to enter the place for the first time. They did a scan but told me it is too early to hear a heartbeat - they couldn't see anything. So they are going to ring me today and schedule an appointment for an another scan for the next week or 10 days. I think I am 5 weeks and 1 day now and not 5 weeks and 6 days.
    I am trying to stay positive.

Oh no Puddle Duck I am so sorry to hear that. You must have got some fright. I don't have any experience in order to offer you any advice but I have my fingers crossed that everything turn out ok for you.

Fingers crossed for you Puddle Duck, Over the past few days I've been reading loads of stuff online and plenty of people seem to experience a small amount of blood loss at some point and go on to have a normal pregnancy so don't worry just yet, just try and relax and not get stressed about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 petite lapin

Hullo lovely Nov ladies! delighted to have somewhere to chat.. very early days for me. Due round 15th. Going to GP on Tue for confirmation.. have gone thru 3 packs of tesco tests to be sure line is getting darker!! Any symptoms i had last week, have eased. The weirdest being light sensitivity in the office! Wishing u all a happy Paddy's weekend!

Hi ladies
    Been away at a wedding past few days so only catching up on this now. Puddle duck I am sorry to hear that stressful situation for you, my heart goes out to you as it's such a worrying time. Have you had any update? Like was said I do think its normal enough to have some spotting throughout pregnancy so fingers and everything crossed that all is ok for you and baby.

How is everyone feeling? I can't stop eating and already am finding it my belly is protruding! Don't know how I will hide for another 6weeks! Was at wedding the other day with all my friends and it was difficult to hide the fact I wasn't drinking as normally I would be fairly well into the wine at the table! I think there was 1or2 who may have been suss! Oh well least of my worries

Happy paddys weekend ladies

Welcome and Congrats Petite Lapin. I did six tests at home:)
    Knock, i squeezed myself into skinny jeans yesterday and could not wait to get home to one my pajamas :P I am trying to stay positive until I have the scan on Thursday - fingers and toes crossed. Symptoms today - just some twinges in my tummy.
    So happy to be off work on Monday - a weekend of relaxing. Have a lovely weekend everyone :D

Happy weekend and welcome Petit Lapin

I'm so delighted not to be in work today yesterday was so stressful I really wanted to just say leave me alone please Im pregnant!!

Mostly sympton free today apart from a few odd leg cramps again, I also keep taking to test to make sure the 2 lines are still there!

Have a lovely long weekend everyone:cool:

Ya hangin in there puddleduck? Besta luck tomor. Im sure all will be well. And everyone else. How u doin? I was at doc y'day. Very unexciting. I was hopin they would check hcg levels.. but no.. have early scan booked for Beacon hosp in 2 weeks.. gotta know how things are goin.. no symptoms and a little paranoid!!

hey petite lapin, yep just about hanging in there. Just want to know now! Like you I have no symptoms at the moment. It is like the days I am at work I don't feel a thing as I am so consumed by work (things a pretty mental there at the moment). will post tomorrow at some stage and let you know how I got on.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Courtney1234

Hi all, I am pregnant and due on the 11th of November approx, very excited, this is my first pregnancy, apart from sore boobs and tiredness I'm fine. Have got the odd cramps but nothing major, it's early days so just hoping everything will be ok

congrats Courtney. So I can breath again - my scan was perfect. everything is all good. oh the relief. :D

Great news puddle duck! Congrats Courtney! Feelin a bit icky today myself- delighted!!

That's fantastic Puddle Duck!
    How did your scan look?
    I went in the other day to have them check out my leg cramp and they did one for me, it just looked like a black circle, looking forward to the booking appointment scan now!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This is my first post ever on the boards. Am due round the end of November . It's lovely to have a group on boards for due Nov. Feeling slight cramps and very tired and also bladder is constantly bursting.

Congrats Courtney and great news Puddleduck delighted all is well for you. the relief!

Think I need to book in for a scan soon to put my mind at ease, rang a place today and they told me to wait another week or 2 to ensure can see something. Im just over 7weeks now i reckon. Just want to make it real! Feeling fine other than everything feeling tighter already and tired and hungry a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Courtney1234

That's great puddle duck you must be thrilled!

Thanks everyone. First night in a week that I feel like I have had a good nights sleep. What I could see in the scan was a little bundle of cells and you could a little flutter and that was the heart. You can't hear it but you can see it. It's amazing how much these little cells will change in the next 6 weeks. Looking forward to the 12 week scan. It's the day after we come back from
    Holidays.

Aw phew Puddleduck.. thank God for that! it's hard not to be worried about everything never mind the scare you got. glad it all turned out ok!!

Did they give you any other info in the scan, like can they tell your actual due date already or would that only be in the later scans? Still 5 weeks to wait for mine... seems like forever! I'm dying to see a proper little shape of a baby in the scan. Literally counting down the days!!

And congrats to ChoccyMuncher and Courtney1234!! How are you girls feeling?

Is anyone getting anymore symptoms? I am like a savage up until lunchtime...I could literally eat all morning... then no appetite in the late afternoon/evening or am getting sick. and feel so bloated already, i much prefer my pj's already haha!

Have any of you told many people yet? I'm finding it a bit hard to come up with believeable excuses in work and home coz I'm normally the one instigating everything (and I'm working in Oz and the boss puts on drinks and food every Friday which normally turns into a mad one and it's only the last few weeks I've been missing them...) . Just hope everything goes ok and then can tell everyone my happy news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 phatAlbert

hello everyone, just dropping in to say a quick hello. My wife is due Nov 14th. We have a 3 year old daughter but just as excited this time around. Wishing everyone all the best between now and Nov (and beyond of course ;))

Advertisement