Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Weisberger first round leader @55/1

I was going to back Mickelson @ 100/1 but he said himself yesterday he has pretty much no chance so am going with the following

Fowler @ 33/1
    Matt Wallace @ 40/1
    Van Rooyen @100/1
    Harrington e/w @ 175/1
    Robert Macintyre e/w @ 200/1

small stakes

Nice return on MacIntyre

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Nice return on MacIntyre

What odds did you get after the shares??

200 / 5 = 40 / 4 = 10??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

sydthebeat wrote: »
    What odds did you get after the shares??

200 / 5 = 40 / 4 = 10??

He finished top 10 outright so i'm assuming it'll pay @ 40/1

I'll collect during the week and see what happens

He finished top 10 outright so i'm assuming it'll pay @ 40/1

I'll collect during the week and see what happens

Apologies, he did too.....
    The PGA leader board hasn't refreshed when I looked at it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I bet 808 Euro on 15 players, and on Friday night sold five of the bets for 800 Euro, so had an 8 Euro loss.
    I partly sold these at 36 holes, keeping a bit of the bet in case they went all the way: J B Holmes; Cameron Smith; Justin Harding; Brooks Koepka
    I had 10 Euro on J B Homes at 650, 40 Euro on Justin Harding at 800 (-8 behind four leaders at -10 in the 3rd round).

At one stage I had 5 of the 8 leaders, all at big prices.

Lowry's back nine on Saturday ended the event as a betting proposition.
    During the third round I was in the stand at the 9th hole when he birdied.
    At that stage Lowry was one of four players at -10, before another five birdies by Lowry on the back nine effectively ended the contest.

I will definitely be buying the DVD of the 2019 Open when it is available.
    Portrush is a fantastic course.
    It has the least number of bunkers of all the Open courses but the slopes and hollows around the greens are terrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Chancing a few quid on Rory Sabbatini this week,gut feeling a win is coming for him

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shandog

Chancing a few quid on Rory Sabbatini this week,gut feeling a win is coming for him

Some shout !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

The EW money will have to do,worth keeping an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Overdue a win on the golf and Hoping Adam Scott can returun a dividend for my score ew 7 places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Green off to a good start in Czech, can still get close to double figures.

BMW just starting now, for one less place(6) can get still pick off any early leaders (helps with field elimination) at good prices.
    Went ante with a few wildcards earlier (for 7pl) in a smallish field: Ancer/Champ/Conners. 75-150+/1.

• Advertisement

Green off to a good start in Czech, can still get close to double figures.

BMW just starting now, for one less place(6) can get still pick off any early leaders (helps with field elimination) at good prices.
    Went ante with a few wildcards earlier (for 7pl) in a smallish field: Ancer/Champ/Conners. 75-150+/1.

Conners the best of the bunch with T7 finish (125-150/1) place. B365 had the best price but as always they can be short on the e/w markets.

eSLuSbu.png

JT won comfortably as the 4th fav going in, but didn't bother.
    JT again v.short in the Tour 3.5, but lowest 72 market is better @8, 5pl.

Would it be fair to assume a book that currently offers a price of 3,000/1 for a R1L in a small field (Tour champ) (3pl) is a clear syntax error?

More importantly, would my small e/w treble at odds of @39,823.88 become invalid (or remain honoured), because some Trader fell asleep upon their keyboard?

Is that based off them starting from 11 shots behind

Definite error and most likely won't be honoured if it came in... Someone hit an extra zero

Who's the golfer (for the craic)

Ah good point MJ, the small txt says: inclusive of the Handicaps given to each golfer at the start of the event based on their FedEx Cup Points rankings.

Still when you see 3,000/1 in a small field just sitting there, it's an interesting line builder on a small stake novelty acca.
    The (R1) big prices (2k/1+) include Glover, Conners, Bryson, Kokrak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Having the usual e/w doubles:

Boeing classic

Kevin Sutherland 14/1
    Davis Love III 40/1

Scandinavian invitation

Lucas Herbert 90/1
    Paul waring 55/1

4 e/w doubles

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Like mcEntyre at 15/8 to close it out.

Didn't think Casey had it in him, fair play.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Some reasonable tournaments this week, have gone for:

Pure Insurance Championship

Kirk Triplett@30/1 & Woody Austin@12/1

Alfred Dunhill Links Championship

Tyrrell Hatton@25/1 & Matthias Schwab@45/1

Safeway Open

Ryan Moore@35/1 & Kevin Na@45/1

Each way doubles and trebles (in the vain hope!)

Good luck all

At the Shriners, recknon current R3 leader will blow it during R4, to allow WR7 (Patrick) to overtake & win it instead.
    3pl in a 2-horse race, safe but rather short 2.1 or 2.5 for either.
    Only advisable as a line selection on an acca due to low numerials.

However better value can be found in the W/O (both) via Glover@5.0 circa 2pl.

At the Shriners, recknon current R3 leader will blow it during R4, to allow WR7 (Patrick) to overtake & win it instead.
    3pl in a 2-horse race, safe but rather short 2.1 or 2.5 for either.
    Only advisable as a line selection on an acca due to low numerials.

However better value can be found in the W/O (both) via Glover@5.0 circa 2pl.

Typically, i backed him the week before and look what happened, when i needed him for a double :mad:

• Advertisement

Back to the usual double this week - have gone for :

The CJ Cup 2019 - Cameron Smith@16/1 & Rafa Cabrera Bello@25/1

Dominion Charity Classic - Bernhard Langer@10/1 & Scott McCarron@10/1

Good luck all

abarkie wrote: »
    Typically, i backed him the week before and look what happened, when i needed him for a double :mad:

Cantlay did catch up on him for a playoff (4.0 market), but just failed to snatch the win.

This week was lazy and went with simple and fairly tame 'WoTC' shortening market selections on the mixed accas yesterday, luckily both are up in the upper quadrants during/after R1. https://i.imgur.com/SawiKXy.png (won't allow image upload).

Noticed Smith is off to a cracking early start in France -6 on 8th (live), and wouldn't discount this even at lowly 5.0 (6pl) as an acca filler for the weekend. Likewise for AnBH @7.5 for (5pl) after a bogey free R1 T1 in S.Kor.

Sneaky small wilcard for CC@81 5pl (or 100 4pl) in the CJ also.

It is a long time since i got a decent win betting on golf,though i have not been too active in the recent past on the small ball scene.

This week is different however as i will be at the Victoria course watching the action,staying at one of the sponsors hotels the Dom Pedro Vilamoura and it would be nice to get some bookmakers cash to help fund the trip!

I have watched this event a few times and it is always enjoyable and 20 under is the average winning score.
    Sam Horsfield and George Coetsee are two i am thinking about and i will finalise selections tomorrow.

Selections finalised and bets on with PP 8 places.I dropped Coetsee and Horsfield from my bets and i do hope i wont regret it.

Backed C Paisley 35/1 a tenner ew, E Pepperell 20/1 a tenner ew and O Fisher 100/1 a fiver ew for a total of 50 euro invested.

All packed and ready to go and hope i have one left with a chance of at least a place to follow on sunday.

It is a long time since i got a decent win betting on golf,though i have not been too active in the recent past on the small ball scene.

This week is different however as i will be at the Victoria course watching the action,staying at one of the sponsors hotels the Dom Pedro Vilamoura and it would be nice to get some bookmakers cash to help fund the trip!

I have watched this event a few times and it is always enjoyable and 20 under is the average winning score.
    Sam Horsfield and George Coetsee are two i am thinking about and i will finalise selections tomorrow.

Sam Horsefield tipped by smartgolfbets

This week's golf double :

Zozo championship

Jordan speith 25/1 & byeong Hun An 45/1

Portugal masters

Lucas bjerregard 20/1 & George coetzee 25/1

Good luck all

Like the look of Zozo, not Algarve, much smaller field and still 7pl.

Just starting very shortly and will give early starter C'Conners another chance, also Ancer@56 and wildcard Kodaira@101 for this 1RL market (6pl).
    JT@19 was also priced up at (nearly) 200% with one book for this too as a more conservative selection.

Sipping a sagres in the Dom Pedro Vilamoura, used to be called the Dom Pedro Golf.
    On good terms with golf selections and will be following O Fisher tomorrow a nd willing him on.

Pepperell didn't sparkle but got placed Paisley played very well to get placed and Fis her just avoided a total collapse and gets me a am all consolation of a fraction of my place bet.A great tournament I really enjoyed it and won the price of dinner and a few drinks before heading home tomorow.

Back for another go, this week gone for :

WGC HSBC Champions - Xander Schauffele@12/1 & Henrik Stenson@25/1

Invesco QQQ Championship - Scott Parel@11/1 & Woody Austin@9/1

E/w doubles as always

Good luck all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

I did justin rose this week always a slow starter but 2 off the real leaders cant see Li lasting

Advertisement