Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

^Taylor's 175/1 (7 places, 1/5 odds) with Fred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Sony is only 3/5 the field size of SA: Conners@36(8pl), or the Sky people (7pl) have C.Smith +20% @51.

8Se9q6t.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I had a €20 free bet from PP and i used it to have a tenner ew D Bozzelli who was placed here twice in the American Express at 150/1 8 places and i see that he is 2 under after 4,lets hope i get a bit of a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Couple of good tournaments this week, so starting the year off

Dubai Desert Classic - Sergio Garcia & Martin Kaymer

Farmers Insurance - Gary Woodland & Jason Day

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Couple of good tournaments this week, although the Saudi one is a bit of a shot in the dark

Saudi International - Sergio Garcia & Tom Lewis

Phoenix Open - Gary Woodland & Bubba Watson

Good luck all

• Advertisement

S.Im a tenner ew 5 places 25 to1 betting without Fowler Matsuyama Rahm ,Simpson and Thomas. Phoenix Open.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

S.Im a tenner ew 5 places 25 to1 betting without Fowler Matsuyama Rahm ,Simpson and Thomas. Phoenix Open.

Same bet but An instead of Im.

E/w @ 50/1

Backed Kevin Na ew without Johnson.McIlroy,Rahm,Thomas and Woods at 45/1 and also backed him at 1/1 to be in the top 40. in the Genesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Cantlay my main dart this week 22/1

Smaller stake on rose 35/1

And a few small silly outsiders
    Hoffman 200/1
    Wise 200/1
    Stanley 300/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

Wgc Mexico championship: Christiaan Bezuidenhout 100-1

Sunshine tour championship: Jean Paul Strydom 55-1

Puerto Rico Open: Tim Wilkinson 66-1

All each-way

• Advertisement

A tenner ew P Casey without Dusti Rory Rahm and Thomas 25 to 1 5 places Pp.

A fiver ew J Wagner 100 to 1 Puerto Rico open for an interest.Will be keeping an eye on it in the sunny Algarve sat and sunday as I escape the crap weather here.

Dechambeau 33/1
    Jazz 140/1
    Leishmann 50/1

My 3 for this week

Deshambles showed up on the 5th yesterday looks to have blown his chance. Gonna have a few bob on Hatton without Reed and Thomas each way 3 places @20/1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I cannot believe that Mcllroy is so short for the masters. I get that they are covering their arse from the ew money, but given most are only offering 5 places he really is no value. I personally would love to see him get into contention again for a masters. But you could not be backing him at those prices.

I have had small nibbles for both Sawgrass 80's and the Masters 125's on Erik Van Rooyen. He keeps turning up and South Africans always have great bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I cannot believe that Mcllroy is so short for the masters. I get that they are covering their arse from the ew money, but given most are only offering 5 places he really is no value. I personally would love to see him get into contention again for a masters. But you could not be backing him at those prices.

I have had small nibbles for both Sawgrass 80's and the Masters 125's on Erik Van Rooyen. He keeps turning up and South Africans always have great bottle.

World Number 1, in top form, Top 10 five of the last six years at the Masters, I certainly wouldn't want to lay him at any bigger than 8's, price seems just about right but no reason to back him now, will be lots of extra place value that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Pogue eile wrote: »
    World Number 1, in top form, Top 10 five of the last six years at the Masters, I certainly wouldn't want to lay him at any bigger than 8's, price seems just about right but no reason to back him now, will be lots of extra place value that week.

You're 100% correct in your assessment but isn't it crazy that i don't recall him in contention to win the tournaments where he finished top 10 in that time

As a punter I am not seeing any value in his price. He looks to have developed a poor mental game as he has gotten older. He was a far braver player when he was younger. It happens. He looks to be doubting his short game. The 8's available at 5 places is atrocious.

Surely he will shorten when the extra places go in?

Iang87 wrote: »
    You're 100% correct in your assessment but isn't it crazy that i don't recall him in contention to win the tournaments where he finished top 10 in that time

I think that particular stat is over played a little, just like those that say he can't deliver from the final group on Sunday. Of the 6 tournaments in question I would say in 2018 he was in 2nd going into the final 18, definitely in contention. 2016 he was 2nd at half way again was a short priced fav at the time so definitely in contention. 2015 was 5th going into the final round, yes way behind the runaway leader but they all were really no one ever got into contention in that one apart from the winner. 2019 and 2014 are the ones that fit your description, hot 4th round to soar through the field.

Thing is you still get paid the place part no matter where he came from, I get that you are saying that from your memory the win part is as good as dead from an early point but that's actually not been the case at all.

Don't get me wrong I am not for a second advocating backing him at 8/1 but not a hope in hell I would want to lay him any bigger.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    As a punter I am not seeing any value in his price. He looks to have developed a poor mental game as he has gotten older. He was a far braver player when he was younger. It happens. He looks to be doubting his short game. The 8's available at 5 places is atrocious.
    Don't get me wrong I am not for a second advocating backing him at 8/1 but not a hope in hell I would want to lay him any bigger.

See my reply to Iang87 - I am also not seeing any obvious value, nor would I want to lay him at any bigger, the price is pretty much exactly what it should be. All in my opinion of course.

Backed Luiten to finish in top 10 at 11 to 5 in the Oman contest as he seems to like it there.

• Advertisement

Couple of Italian lads are doing very well in Oman for the European Tour, however would only back as far as end of R2.

Have backed 3 at prices to see who survives the Bear Trap in Florida tonight.

While Fleetwood's Dendrophobia should not be an issue, he does have minor bottling issues which the Trap has the potential to expose.

I have had small ew's on 3 players within shooting distance. Russell Henley (35's) former winner needs 4 shots but that is a one hole swing around the Bear Trap. I also went Byeong Hun An at 66's, he is classy at best.

Also at a fatter price I couldn't get away from major winner Jason Dufner at 150/1. He will be finished an hour before the leaders but if he shoots another 68 or better he could sit back and watch them crawl over the line. He has oodles of bottle so he is well capable of navigating the Trap.

I thought Luke Donald's price was big as well at 16's. I have not made up my mind yet, but 2 shots is nothing around there, especially with the Bear Trap. I think if I win a few bob on the soccer this afternoon I might have a go at win only. he either shoots 67 or 77, we simply can't tell yet.

Fleetwood looks strong but i have to hope he falters as i have backed Im at 12s ew 3 places 1/4.

Fleetwood looks strong but i have to hope he falters as i have backed Im at 12s ew 3 places 1/4.

IM hung on.

Im 22 to1 Pp 10ew
    An 35 to 1Pp 10ew
    Cabrero Bello 7 to1 to finish top 10 Pp 10.
    Arnold Palmer.

10 ew G Green 30 to 1 Qatar masters.

Stenson 35/1
    Koepka 25/1
    Schauffele 18/1

Bit of a leap of faith on koepka but surely his form has to pick up a bit before the masters. Stenson has a lovely record here and Xander seems to save his best weeks for big tournaments with strong fields

Some carnage in the golf,i am hoping Im can do it again for me this week but all nerves seem to be jangling.

Dechambeau 20/1
    Kuchar 50/1
    Berger 66/1

My darts for this week all 7 places

Won't be backing any Italians this week.

10pl is nuts, still 8pl even in running for R1-live.

• Advertisement

Stick ball is over, in case someone should sneeze or fall over
    at least until July, my oh my.
    Void are any bets, likely same too for balls in back of nets
    Save your money, for Leminsip and honey.

Advertisement