Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I'm presuming 1/5 odds so

€25 * (28 * 1/5 * 10/13) + €25 = €133

1/5th odds ya. But 5 players tied on 9th so think there will be dead heat rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Agree to an extent with this

I'd had a good e/w go at Pepperell and a free win bet on Fleetwood

Got a decent return on Pepperell @ 40's but dissappointed he never contested today at all

robbiezero wrote: »
    1/5th odds ya. But 5 players tied on 9th so think there will be dead heat rules.

The 10/13 above represents the dilution
    There were 13 players tied for the place, hence the bookmakers will apply 10/13 ( i think)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

robbiezero wrote: »
    What would my payout be on Kaymer?
    25 e/w at 28/1 - bookie paying 10 places?

Thanks.

Who was paying 10 places ?

I am presuming 1/5 odds for the place here.

5 player's on a share for 9th place. The dilution is 2/5.

So 28/5/5*2= 2.24 x €25 +€ 25 = € 81.

Your basically getting your money back. I prefer backing with providers that are doing less places. You get better odds and sometimes 1/4 odds for a place.

If your finishing around tenth place there are always a load of other golfers diluting your price.

is it not 2/5, I could also be wrong on that but thought it just applied to the individual place

Boyles went 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

The correct answer is 2/5 of your stake. So you will have a €10 on the place rather than €25. Which means you only get €10 back from your bet also. So as below.

(10x(28/5))+10
    (10x5.6)+10
    56+10
    €66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Noticed BSp is doing 10pl, the only cross-check price advantage here is Jamieson@175. They're also getting their balls out with 8pl in the 3M also. Poor prices, but maybe Hovland@29 will suffice for e/w.
    Main focus on Top10s (Clarke* etc), as building acca arrays to include SW&AM in the Tennis ball (mixed doubles), Young Coco might surprise a few folks in the Ladies (Q4). +In WCC Cricket: India.
    *Right Clark, and wrong Clarke:
    x8f9N7q.png
    On the plus side, India & SW&AM (potential value bet of the week), are headed short, in the two other small-ball ball hitting sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Going for the usual each way doubles:

Scottish open

Zander Lombard 200/1
    Eduardo molinari 125/1

John Deere classic

Zach Johnson 28/1
    Johnson Wagner 100/1

4 * £1.25 e/w doubles

Used smatbets for info

Good luck all

Andy Sullivan @45’;s for me
    Thought he had a chance sat morn last week and finished well
    Out first thing tomorrow to hopefully set the pace

PGA is a pitch and putt contest this week, once you dont drive a ball like me

Beau hossler is the best putter on tour (probably or close to) and has finally shown some life in his irons last week. His driver has behaved the last 5 tournaments.

I never usually back just good putters, but hossler has shown himself to be a decent player before, he has had an abysmal season with his irons, so the gamble is that hey will improve this week, His short irons have been the best of his worst all season also.

On a normal week 90(80)/1 is short but given the players leading the market I think its a great price

If you want to buy into narratives I think the younger tour guys who have competed with the ones leading the betting odds in college, will have added motivation and belief this week.

He was a Poulter putting clinic away from winning on the pga tour last year

• Advertisement

Kaufman barely has a golf pulse but he was a decent player a few years ago, has struggled since no doubt but seems to be getting back a tiny bit.

He has put some great 9 hole rounds together and 2 18 ones, he is highly volitile but he can get on a birdie role.

He can be got for first round leader at 250(300)/1 and its a bet I will make every week untill it hits or his price drops for the season.

He is trending ever so slightly in the right direction but on a course with wide fairways and no water he can put 1 good round together, and he is putting well.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Still can't get my head around hovland being the fav for the JD classic

The top of the market is crazy this week, young lads with small sample sizes being favs is insane.

Im not saying they cant win or wont, but times have shown before, players can come out hot from college and kind of struggle for a while when the media pressure takes hold.

In recent times its happened to, Nieman, Dechambeau (i know he won a lot since), Kaufmann and a lot more besides.

The market has reacted to an insane golf finish last week and has bought into the hype.

thomas was and still might be over priced in scotland but CT pan at 100(90)?1 is nuts

A winner and a top 3 in his last 6 pga tournamnets events,

2 mcs in majors in between,he has to be shown he thinks he should be at the top table but is probably trying too hard in majors.

Thats my last tip tonight but imo way overpriced, for someone who can click if his driver behaves, in a weaker field

If we are being honest

Back to the small stake, high yield, accas - after the last 900/1, 7-folder went slightly astray.

A quick gawk yesterday indicated the Skypeople had the best price-place combinations, PP & BS reasonable for other individual selections.
    Added Forrest (was @91 8pl yesterday), in the Classic might lucky-dip it with Diaz@175, Taylor@81 and so on (7pl).

might lucky-dip it with Diaz@175...
    Struth, Roberto (the WR:430) just took an early 2pt lead (-9, R1). 91% price reduction (into 15/1) after that. Still very early days however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

might lucky-dip it with Diaz@175...
    Struth, Roberto (the WR:430) just took an early 2pt lead (-9, R1). 91% price reduction (into 15/1) after that. Still very early days however.

2pt lead? Never understand why you don't just post in normal English.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Jumping on the cheeseburger train this morning 5 places @28s

Also doing an each way double with stenson for next week 6 places @33s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Open Championship

Back ............. Odds
    Brooks Koepka ... 12
    Marc Leishman ... 85
    Alexander Noren ... 260
    Jim Furyk ... 395.56
    Russell Knox ... 400
    Bubba Watson ... 400
    Chez Reavie ... 410
    Lucas Bjerregaard ... 446.27
    Sungjae Im ... 456
    Keegan Bradley ... 470
    Aaron Wise ... 504.47
    Cameron Smith ... 580
    J B Holmes ... 650

qwabercd wrote: »
    2pt lead? Never understand why you don't just post in normal English.
    Top banter! Sure you get the idea (rolleyes).

Must have missed your suggestions, as simply don't see any. Guess it's a much easier job to throw in comments from the sidelines.

But do however feel free to contribute (more useful) suggestions anyhow:
    In progress: Scottish Open(R2):_? & John Deere(R2):_? + Next up: The Open:_? with 10places, so you can't really go wrong - I'll be on the edge of my seat*.

*hovering over the cash out button(s), as seem to have Diaz on an large array of (e/w) enhanced place accas. @126 was one of the later/smaller live market prices.
    eK8syEA.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Top banter! Sure you get the idea (rolleyes).

Must have missed your suggestions, as simply don't see any. Guess it's a much easier job to throw in comments from the sidelines.

But do however feel free to contribute (more useful) suggestions anyhow:
    In progress: Scottish Open(R2):_? & John Deere(R2):_? + Next up: The Open:_? with 10places, so you can't really go wrong - I'll be on the edge of my seat*.

*hovering over the cash out button(s), as seem to have Diaz on an large array of (e/w) enhanced place accas. @126 was one of the later/smaller live market prices.
    eK8syEA.png

This type of aftertiming makes it impossible for people to actually follow the thread. There was no mention of moktamel in your original post so people couldn't care less if you have him doubled or trebled or whatever with Diaz

redzerdrog wrote: »
    This type of aftertiming makes it impossible for people to actually follow the thread. There was no mention of moktamel in your original post so people couldn't care less if you have him doubled or trebled or whatever with Diaz

Usually do mixed accas and as this is 'golf tips', didn't offer any 'racing' suggestions. Thus the two golf event selections, are mentioned in the previous page.

Anyhow on with the show! Instead of petty comments on spelling/grammer maybe folks could just focus on their actual 'golf tips'.

Scottish Open(R2):_?
    John Deere(R2):_?
    The Open:_? ^

^ With at least 6 books are offering 10pl on this, have 'Fleetwood' as an early selection, but a couple of 100/1's doing well currently at the two live events will likely see their prices diminish shortly.

Nobody cares who they are in accas with unless mentioned in the original post it is aftertiming.

Nobody cares who they are in accas with unless mentioned in the original post it is aftertiming.

So no actual suggestions yourself, to offer, on golf?

Great.

So no actual suggestions yourself, to offer, on golf?

Great.

Plenty, but seen as I didn't mention them pre event I would not like to after time. If I get involved in running I will be sure to let you know

Plenty, but seen as I didn't mention them pre event I would not like to after time. If I get involved in running I will be sure to let you know

You have 'plenty', but so far, didn't mention any. Uh, ok.

Am sure people won't mind 'live market' suggestions (as long as prices/places reflect this), or even end of (any) round leader markets.
    e.g. Live during early 2ndR outright market (2:45pm): Henley+Van Rooyen is a banging 50/1 double. Both 4pl (1/4).

Anyway, the Next significant event is 18 July, plenty of time for you.

It's a golf tips thread not a suggestions thread, any idiot can make loads of suggestions and hope to get lucky

Have you ever actually posted a winning bet (one that's not aftertiming by the way)

It's a golf tips thread not a suggestions thread, any idiot can make loads of suggestions and hope to get lucky

Have you ever actually posted a winning bet (one that's not aftertiming by the way)
    This type of post makes it impossible for people to actually follow the thread.

Btw, don't remember seeing any recent 'tips OR suggestions' from you (ideally with high-ish odds). Maybe you are just afraid of being exposed as a (bitter) idiot.

This type of post it impossible for people to actually follow the thread.

Btw, don't remember seeing any recent 'tips OR suggestions' from you (ideally with high-ish odds). Maybe you are just afraid of being exposed as a (bitter) idiot.

It's a lot easier to follow than the cryptic clues you post on a poor attempt to sound like you know what you are at. Yet the simple fact is you have never posted a winner.

Also some strange rationale you have there, that only stuff that is both recent and of highish odds count.

I don't have the time that used to put into the research thus don't post my selections unless I am happy to stand over the reason my rather than just plucking stuff from my ass

• Advertisement

It's a lot easier to follow than the cryptic clues you post on a poor attempt to sound like you know what you are at. Yet the simple fact is you have never posted a winner.
    Plenty of wins and places, https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055948463&page=63
    It's a poor atempt by you to sound like you know what you are at, its easier to critise than take risk, sure any bitter fool can complain.
    Also some strange rationale you have there, that only stuff that is both recent and of highish odds count.
    It's easier to pick the short favourite pre-event, as you know. Hardly a challenge. Besides have a preference for larger e/w accas. Also with creating e/w (mixed) arrays it would be impractical to list the entire array contents and selections, as many would'nt have golf line selections.
    I don't have the time that used to..
    But plenty of time to talk through your ass and derail the tread. Super!

Advertisement