Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

The Golf Tips Thread

  • 06-03-2013 5:59pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 4,536 Dolph Starbeam


    Think it might be a good idea to just have the one thread for all the golf tips and talk instead of having a new thread each weekend.


«134567205

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 Dolph Starbeam


    WGC Cadillac Championship -

    Jason Day - 1.0 Pts e/w @ 40/1
    He has had a good start to the year and played ok here last year finishing just inside the top 20. Due a win and this course should set up ok for him. Didn't play last weekend so he should be fresh and ready.

    Keegan Bradley - 1.0 Pts e/w @ 25/1
    Another man that has had a decent start to the season but hasn't quiet fired on all cylinders yet. He got a place last week at the Honda and should have been a few strokes better. If he gets his putter working he will be right up there.

    Russell Henley - 0.5 Pts e/w @ 100/1
    Again another man to have a good start to the season and already has a win under his belt. For a man so good with the putter I think 100/1 is a great price. Just missed out on a place last weekend.


    Puerto Rico Open -

    I haven't really done much research for this one but will have a couple bets, a quick look at the odds and Brendon de Jonge @ 22/1 and Ben Kohles @ 80/1 look like decent bets to me.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ bobwilliams


    I backed matt Every in Peurto Rico,win only @50/1

    Also did 2 e/w bets on David [EMAIL="[email protected]/1"][email protected]/1[/EMAIL] and Justin Hicks @66/1

    In the big one i backed Hunter @28/1 win only and Molinari e/w at 90/1,might add another before 1 tomorrow.

    My local bookies is an independant,they have priced up 'no hole in one' in Puerto Rico @evs,looking at the par 3's here that looks a great price,they're all around the 200 yard mark.
    Anyone got any thoughts on that?


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭ Degag


    Went with Phil, Dufner and Colsaerts in the States.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭ superfurry1


    Cant believe Ernie Els is available at 80-1 at the blue monster has won twice here over the years and should go nicely.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 jjll


    I backed matt Every in Peurto Rico,win only @50/1

    Also did 2 e/w bets on David [EMAIL="[email protected]/1"][email protected]/1[/EMAIL] and Justin Hicks @66/1

    In the big one i backed Hunter @28/1 win only and Molinari e/w at 90/1,might add another before 1 tomorrow.

    My local bookies is an independant,they have priced up 'no hole in one' in Puerto Rico @evs,looking at the par 3's here that looks a great price,they're all around the 200 yard mark.
    Anyone got any thoughts on that?

    Good bet that no hole in ones


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 jjll


    YayaBanana wrote: »
    WGC Cadillac Championship -

    Jason Day - 1.0 Pts e/w @ 40/1
    He has had a good start to the year and played ok here last year finishing just inside the top 20. Due a win and this course should set up ok for him. Didn't play last weekend so he should be fresh and ready.

    Keegan Bradley - 1.0 Pts e/w @ 25/1
    Another man that has had a decent start to the season but hasn't quiet fired on all cylinders yet. He got a place last week at the Honda and should have been a few strokes better. If he gets his putter working he will be right up there.

    Russell Henley - 0.5 Pts e/w @ 100/1
    Again another man to have a good start to the season and already has a win under his belt. For a man so good with the putter I think 100/1 is a great price. Just missed out on a place last weekend.


    Puerto Rico Open -

    I haven't really done much research for this one but will have a couple bets, a quick look at the odds and Brendon de Jonge @ 22/1 and Ben Kohles @ 80/1 look like decent bets to me.
    Wouldnt back de jonge chokes had a big chance in shriners last year but gave it away to moore

    Yeah like bradley 25s in my local indy bookie...... love the bradley and phil had 18 holes at augusta on tuesday


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 Dolph Starbeam


    jjll wrote: »
    Wouldnt back de jonge chokes had a big chance in shriners last year but gave it away to moore

    Yeah like bradley 25s in my local indy bookie...... love the bradley and phil had 18 holes at augusta on tuesday

    I might actually stay away from the Puerto Rico Open altogether.

    Any thoughts on Garrigus @ 50/1 or Watney @ 30/1? Wouldn't normally go near Watney but he has a bit of history here and is playing ok this year.

    As said above Mahan looks good @ 28/1 too. Rose and Schwartzel are priced too low imo.


  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭ frat


    Schwartzel, $50 @16 win only!


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 fangee


    WGC Cadilliac - Kuchar @ 20/1

    Mahan @ 28/1

    Stricker @ 45/1


    Puerto open - Wasn't going to bother but John Rollins could/should be too good especially at 33/1.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭ BQQ


    Have Colsearts (top euro without gb and I) @9/1
    Couldn't ignore Tiger at double figure price either.

    Went with Molder in Puerto Rico. @25/1


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 jjll


    Well i think only -4 players oneards can only win rory was awful looks like he dont want to be there


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 Dolph Starbeam


    jjll wrote: »
    Well i think only -4 players oneards can only win rory was awful looks like he dont want to be there

    I don't think so. Fowler, Dufner, Watney all at -3 and still definitely in with a chance, plus a few more players at -2. A -6 or -7 from anyone tomorrow and they are right back in it.

    Bradley is doing ok for me. Henley at -2 isn't too bad. Day is gone. Also followed the tip above for Mahan, only a small bet but he's well placed at -5.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 jjll


    YayaBanana wrote: »
    I don't think so. Fowler, Dufner, Watney all at -3 and still definitely in with a chance, plus a few more players at -2. A -6 or -7 from anyone tomorrow and they are right back in it.

    Bradley is doing ok for me. Henley at -2 isn't too bad. Day is gone. Also followed the tip above for Mahan, only a small bet but he's well placed at -5.

    dont see a 6 or 7 under today wind will be up and wind all weekend


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 fangee


    This is simple for me.

    I backed Kuchar because I fancied him.

    If he shot -4 yesterday I'd be no more confident then the actual level par he did shoot.

    I'd still back him at 90/1 ew first 4 places. He can easily shoot -6 for two days running.

    I'm not changing my mind after one day.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 jjll


    fangee wrote: »
    This is simple for me.

    I backed Kuchar because I fancied him.

    If he shot -4 yesterday I'd be no more confident then the actual level par he did shoot.

    I'd still back him at 90/1 ew first 4 places. He can easily shoot -6 for two days running.

    I'm not changing my mind after one day.


    what i was saying the winner will come from -4 upwards in my opinion with wind up the course will be brutal and not a chance of 66s


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 fangee


    jjll wrote: »
    what i was saying the winner will come from -4 upwards in my opinion with wind up the course will be brutal and not a chance of 66s

    I was not referring to your comment so calm down our la.

    I'm just a believer in staying with your choice until they are completely out of it. I don't think that is the case (yet) with Kuchar. Just as I don't think Mahan and Stricker are necessarily in contention yet. Big day today.

    So I was just reiterating my selection and saying he was now available at 90/1.

    Could be a very good back to lay.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 Dolph Starbeam


    jjll wrote: »

    dont see a 6 or 7 under today wind will be up and wind all weekend

    If the wind gets up then it will be interesting. I still wouldn't rule anyone at -3 or -2 out of it though. It will be another interesting days golf.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ bobwilliams


    jjll wrote: »


    what i was saying the winner will come from -4 upwards in my opinion with wind up the course will be brutal and not a chance of 66s
    Doesn't have to be 66's ,to say only players on 4under can win is plain silly,regardless of weather,its the same for all players


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ ledgebag1


    Backed sterne, ogilvy, gay, henley and merrick

    Couple of the big guys looking strong, mcdowell and mahan and watson, looks like its gonna be a great game


  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭ lester76


    Had wrote out els & rose had a 5er win on both then read the racing post & had a score on tiger at 11-1 & a 10ew on r henley at 80-1 instead..


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ bobwilliams


    lester76 wrote: »
    Had wrote out els & rose had a 5er win on both then read the racing post & had a score on tiger at 11-1 & a 10ew on r henley at 80-1 instead..

    when ????on wednesday???? so why are you only posting that now?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 jjll


    Why cant bradley birdie par 5 first when everyone else does


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ ledgebag1


    jjll wrote: »
    Why cant bradley birdie par 5 first when everyone else does
    He should have stuck to cheer leading


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 jjll


    Woods knocks this 12fter in its over


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 jjll


    Im guessing tiger will be less thanv6s for masters now if this tiger turns up looks a good bet rory should be more like 25s


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 Dolph Starbeam


    Tiger has it in the bag, hoping for Bradley to get into the top 5 on his own to cover my bets for the week. Mickelson is all over the place now and I think he might have given up now that he's definitely out of it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 Dolph Starbeam


    And he misses out by a couple strokes. If he could actually make any putts he would be even more serious.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 jjll


    Usually his putting is quite good at 15ft or less when he eagled first thought here we go got a chance but missed loads..... oh well onto tampa which has a bad field this week


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 Dolph Starbeam


    Early prices for Tampa Bay.

    http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/tampa-bay-championship/tampa-bay-championship/winner

    - Sergio Garcia @ 16/1, I have been impressed by Garcia this year and I reckon he will be going all out for a win against a slightly weakened field. Garcia also has a couple top 20 finishes here in the last couple years so knows the place pretty well.

    - Webb Simpson @20/1, also has a good history here coming T 10th, 2nd, and T 13th. He played ok this week shooting 72, 67, 71, 72 for a -6 and T 20th total.

    - Sang-Moon Bae @ 70/1, Another with a good record here in his one previous outing, T 2nd last year behind eventual winner Luke Donald after losing in the 4 way playoff. Bae has had an up and down start to the season like he did last year and this event seemed to suit him.


    These are just early thoughts. I won't make my final picks until Wednesday or Thursday. Scott, Donald and Kuchar all look good too.


    http://www.pgatour.com/tourreport/2013/03/08/first-look-tampa-bay-championship.html


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ bobwilliams


    backing a few at the top of the market this week..Kucher and Donald win only.


Advertisement