Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Less of the chatter and nonsense please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Not as many big names this week at the tricky North Course at Detroit golf club.

Accuracy is required at this course where those who hit it out of sight do not have such a big advantage.

I took a simple straightforward approach by backing 3 players who have form here.

Rory Sabbatini has 3 top tens here fom 5 starts and was 2nd here last year,a tenner ew at 40/1 PP 8 places.
    Sabbatini has also played well in the 2 tounaments he played since golf re-started and looks a sound ew bet.

Doc Redman is a 22 year old who was a monday qualifier for for this last year and did very well finishing 2nd.
    The young man has a big future,in two recent spins he was 21st at the Heritage and 11th at the Travellers where he was ranked 3rd from tee to green,a tenner ew at 40/1.

My third bet is a fiver ew Brian Stuard who also has form here at 90/1 making a total 50 euro invested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Sky have a decent offering, you can exculde the top8, then opt for a wild cards and still get 5pl and at 1/4.
    Using this, have a wide array of wildcards on the mixed accas.

The W/O(8) market, ignores/nulls the results of any of these chaps:
    Bryson Dechambeau / Webb Simpson / Patrick Reed / Tyrrell Hatton / Hideki Matsuyama / Viktor Hovland / Sung-Jae Im / Tony Finau
    Subject to dead heats, some bigger wildcards could still deliver 40-50/1 just for their place positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Gwan Seamus power for the craic

Hovland is short but I like him.
    Bit of juice in fowler price I think.
    List won recently on kornferry price seems big.
    EVR likes birdie fests.

GL to all.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

A few long shots for the weekend.

Power and a couple of local boys e/w

Power @400
    Stuard @90
    Brehm @400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Anyone know where you can get previous years form from for tournaments?

Used to use smartgolfbets.com bur he has gone to subscription model of $100 a year

Not the cost that bothers me but will it continue

Always use prior years, so would be great if anyone knows where can get spreadsheets or sites detailing this

Just for the lols, slapped a couple of wildcards on the tail end of a small mixed e/w acca.
    Both in the upper end of the leaderboard, probably unlikely to place, even so, a small chance with very appealing digits:
    Kevin Chappell 200/1 (PP), Scott Harrington 400/1 (Sky) or 100/1 W/O W&D. All 3pl on 1/4 terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭chancer007

abarkie wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can get previous years form from for tournaments?

Used to use smartgolfbets.com bur he has gone to subscription model of $100 a year

Not the cost that bothers me but will it continue

Always use prior years, so would be great if anyone knows where can get spreadsheets or sites detailing this

just click on year & then the tournament
    https://www.espn.co.uk/golf/leaderboard/_/tournamentId/401056553

also came across this last night:
    https://jpegtips.wordpress.com/form-spreadsheets/
    great data if your having a abet this week..

chancer007 wrote: »
    also came across this last night:
    https://jpegtips.wordpress.com/form-spreadsheets/
    great data if your having a abet this week..

This is very similar to smartgolfbets.com

Thank you :D

• Advertisement

Had another look and it's a bit out of date, but the ESPN One will be more than adequate

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Taking Rahm and koepka in the win only markets this week at 16s

Each way bets 8 places 1/5 odds on

Leishmann 35/1
    Streelman 66/1
    Lowry 90/1
    Grillo 100/1
    Jb Holmes 150/1

small ew's on fowler,leishman,niemann,stallings,merrit,werenski..might add verner

So near by yet so far last weekend with Stuart and power.

Only going with grillo this weekend ew @100s

Steadily got better over the last three years, to top 10 last year

Small win only on

Champ 100
    Fowler 40
    Lowry 200
    Xander 21
    Woodland 60

Got these prices on Monday. Only xander has drifted. Champ at 100 is lovely he is now 75 on the machine. GL to all.

Colsaerts 22/1 Austria pp 8 places.

Woodland 45/1 in the US 8 places a tenner ew on both.

Colsaerts 22/1 Austria pp 8 places.

Woodland 45/1 in the US 8 places a tenner ew on both.

Not earth shattering but 100 back for getting Woodland placed is a profit of 60 and that's a lot better than I have been doing since the return of golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Not earth shattering but 100 back for getting Woodland placed is a profit of 60 and that's a lot better than I have been doing since the return of golf.

I am losing as well since the restart, was on sabbatini ew this week, but he kept hitting the water. Same course this week, I was thinking maybe Billy Horschel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

I am losing as well since the restart, was on sabbatini ew this week, but he kept hitting the water. Same course this week, I was thinking maybe Billy Horschel.

Sabbatini has been flattering to deceive for a long time now. Managed a place with Chase Seiffert, he could go well at a nice price this coming week. Fancied Cantlay and he’s done enough in the last round to convince me to go again this week.
    Streelman does well here and had a decent week again. Probably back him each way. Must have a proper look later. Bryson won here a few years ago and the way he’s playing now h’ll surely go close but will be a terrible price. Backed Matsuyama as well last week as he likes the course but he’s too inconsistent at the moment to chance this week. At bigger price I like Sepp Straka, playing well since the restart.
    Boyles are going 10 places but their value isn’t great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

On BFX have gone for Streelman at 90, Niemann at 80 as they do well at this course. Gary Woodland shot a good final round last week, he was at 48 but I dithered and got him at 44.

I reckon that the winner will come from players that played last week, but I go against that with Webb Simpson as 30 is appealing.

Have also done them top 10 finish.

• Advertisement

Price whoring for potential value, but even with that 10pl available, the only slightly reasonable offerings are Zach@126 or Koepka@26.
    Everything else is 20% price chopped right off it with Spoils.

1stRL is slightly better approach with (also enhanced) 7pl and BP (best price) for Woods@36, or overpriced (compared to others) lucky dips for Schwab, Wallace, Glover, Hubbard, all @126.

Throw in another BP in the Eurotour via current leader Matus@41, 4pl now.
    Lash in a couple of 5pl via Leopardstown for the small weekly mixed array acca.

Koepka at 35/1 on the exchange one of the easiest bets I will ever make. He is the 13th player in the betting. Crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

I don't gamble online so all of my bets are done in physical shops, as such odds might not be as good as the likes of Bet365, Betfair etc.

Jon Rahm - 5 Points (max bet) E/W - 20/1 Boyles, 1-10 1/5 odds.

Doesn't have much in terms of Memorial experience aside from a missed cut in 2017 and last weekends performance. Firestone experience seems to correlate well to Muirfield and he doesn't have much to go off there either. He has been fairly cold since the break compared to earlier in the season, but I think that is about to change. I'm favouring people who played last week, and Rahm shot the (joint with Kevin Streelman) lowest score of the tournament on Sunday. I think that will fill him with confidence, 20/1 with the 10 places is too big for the World no.2, I'm hoping that all the lockdown rustiness will be well gone by now and he will be near the top of the leaderboard on Sunday.

Shane Lowry - 1 Point E/W - 110/1 - Ladbrokes 1-5 1/4 odds.

Lowry had a so-so week last week, finishing T39, but the fact he played is a nice bonus. A previous Firestone winner, he has all the tools to go very well here. Slowly been getting back into the rhythm of things and has had marginal improvement on each of his 4 starts since lockdown. An unlikely winner, but not out of the question - I'd have him around 80/1 so the 110's is decent and a small wager on it for me.

Back with the E/w Doubles

Memorial

Cantlay & Matsuyama

Euram Bank Open

Ritthammer & Karlberg

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Brooks and woodland e/w for me

Going with Gary Woodland this week again,if he can manage the par 5s a bit better he may repay ew support at 33/1 8 places.

Brooks ew @28s

Seems to be alot of love for streelman backed him last week and he couldn't putt for sh1t so I'm avoiding him this week.

3 win only and 3 ew for me this week
    Win
    Rahm 22/1
    Woods 25/1
    Schaufelle 28/1

Each way 10 places
    Bradley 100/1
    Na 90/1
    Kisner 70/1

Few frl plays ew on 7 places
    Ancer 40/1
    Haotong li 125/1
    Day 55/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Coybig_ wrote: »
    I don't gamble online so all of my bets are done in physical shops, as such odds might not be as good as the likes of Bet365, Betfair etc.

Jon Rahm - 5 Points (max bet) E/W - 20/1 Boyles, 1-10 1/5 odds.

Doesn't have much in terms of Memorial experience aside from a missed cut in 2017 and last weekends performance. Firestone experience seems to correlate well to Muirfield and he doesn't have much to go off there either. He has been fairly cold since the break compared to earlier in the season, but I think that is about to change. I'm favouring people who played last week, and Rahm shot the (joint with Kevin Streelman) lowest score of the tournament on Sunday. I think that will fill him with confidence, 20/1 with the 10 places is too big for the World no.2, I'm hoping that all the lockdown rustiness will be well gone by now and he will be near the top of the leaderboard on Sunday.

Shane Lowry - 1 Point E/W - 110/1 - Ladbrokes 1-5 1/4 odds.

Lowry had a so-so week last week, finishing T39, but the fact he played is a nice bonus. A previous Firestone winner, he has all the tools to go very well here. Slowly been getting back into the rhythm of things and has had marginal improvement on each of his 4 starts since lockdown. An unlikely winner, but not out of the question - I'd have him around 80/1 so the 110's is decent and a small wager on it for me.

Profit/Loss = +118 points.

• Advertisement

Seems to be alot of love for streelman backed him last week and he couldn't putt for sh1t so I'm avoiding him this week.

3 win only and 3 ew for me this week
    Win
    Rahm 22/1
    Woods 25/1
    Schaufelle 28/1

Each way 10 places
    Bradley 100/1
    Na 90/1
    Kisner 70/1

Few frl plays ew on 7 places
    Ancer 40/1
    Haotong li 125/1