Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

fowler was 4/7 for first round leader a couple of hours ago...koepka was 25/1 at that stage for same (4s now 2 behind)
    koepka getting some break there chipping in on the 5th

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jesus, Hovland is having some start

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

montyrebel wrote: »
    Xander Schauffele and Tony Finau e/w for me and also Viktor Hovland for top amateur

What price was Hovland?

What price was Hovland?

5/2 or 11/4 in some places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

yeah i got 5/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

callaway92 wrote: »
    Viktor Hovland best amateur.

Won US Amateur Open at Pebble Beach in 2018 and was best amateur at the Masters this year.

Snedeker FRL
    Mickelson, Justin Thomas, Oosthuizen, Rose outright.

Nice one after Day 1 to have some interest

Will see how things go, but in hindsight, Hovland was 11/4 for Top 40 and 10/1 for Top 20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

DJ is enhanced {daily price boost} today @10 with the skypeople, yesterday it was Rory@10 (enhanced) both 10pl.
    Rory the better of the two JFs so far, still very early days.
    1stRL (via PP) for Rory is 21(20/1) a smidgen better than the other (J)F. Might add Bryson@50 and Ancer/Straka for this market.
    Rory 1RL Placed (T8), same for 200/1 Straka. Bryson just outside the 8pl

6T7DsC3.png

Optimum price/place might include Rose @7.5, Hadley @201 both 6pl via BS. or Fitz @91 6pl PP, Outrights.

a few quid ew on garcia 90/1 grillo 100/1 piercy 50/1 5 places first two showing up as 80s+90s on oddchecker but when it brought me into
    the site those two were 10 pts bigger (betfred)

think there could be a shock or some big priced players in the frame this weekend

was on koepka frl yesterday at 20s, how good it looked at one stage :pac:

how many majors have rory and dj been favourite for recently? yet again dj was joint fav or second fav and it ain't looking like
    he'll be winning on his so called favourite course
    rory currently second fav...when did he last win a major, such bad value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mr Reactionary

mailburner wrote: »
    a few quid ew on garcia 90/1 grillo 100/1 piercy 50/1 5 places first two showing up as 80s+90s on oddchecker but when it brought me into
    the site those two were 10 pts bigger (betfred)

think there could be a shock or some big priced players in the frame this weekend

was on koepka frl yesterday at 20s, how good it looked at one stage :pac:

how many majors have rory and dj been favourite for recently? yet again dj was joint fav or second fav and it ain't looking like

DJ 2nd in the last 2 majors. Not to shabby

DJ 2nd in the last 2 majors. Not to shabby

It's still only one major in his lifetime though yet been favourite for so many

• Advertisement

Backed Kuchar this morning @25’;s 5 places..
    And a small bet on casey @250/1 5 places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

mailburner wrote: »

With bookies now paying 10 places in majors regularly, they cant go any bigger on these two - in the last 18 majors that both have played DJ has 9 top 10 finishes and Rory has 10 - the e/w thieves would clean the bookies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Have not had a payday for a while but we live in hope.

Backed Oliver Wilson without Garcia,Rahm,Fitzpatrick and Luiten at 45/1 PP a tenner ew 5 places.Wilson is only 60/1 to win outright so i decide to go for the smaller price and hoping he will perform on a track he has form on.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mistermiyagi

Pogue eile wrote: »
    With bookies now paying 10 places in majors regularly, they cant go any bigger on these two - in the last 18 majors that both have played DJ has 9 top 10 finishes and Rory has 10 - the e/w thieves would clean the bookies!

At an average price of 10-1, placing in half the majors, at 1-5th the odds a place, results in a break even scenario for a punter.
    I'd hardly say they are cleaning the poor oul bookies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

At an average price of 10-1, placing in half the majors, at 1-5th the odds a place, results in a break even scenario for a punter.
    I'd hardly say they are cleaning the poor oul bookies!

Ahh you are getting a free investment until they win and then you hit the jackpot, do the math again and you would be up money in what has been a realtive barren period for at least one of the two, its a no brainer for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Big each way bet this week for me on Jordon Smith.
    Anyone think Séamus power is overpriced at 100/1?

Big each way bet this week for me on Jordon Smith.

He probably is. However if I was earning over a million a year in the states I would tend to be on the piss with old mates, brothers, cousins , pals etc. Especially if I am only home once a year.

I am not accusing him of being a pisshead or anything. But he could easily be having a busmans holiday.

Can he still qualify for Portrush ?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    He probably is. However if I was earning over a million a year in the states I would tend to be on the piss with old mates, brothers, cousins , pals etc. Especially if I am only home once a year.

I am not accusing him of being a pisshead or anything. But he could easily be having a busmans holiday.

Can he still qualify for Portrush ?

Agree to an extent with this

I'd had a good e/w go at Pepperell and a free win bet on Fleetwood

I'm on Lowry @16s
    Bjerregaard @ 55s
    Horsey @225s

• Advertisement

Given the wind forecast to pick up towards lunchtime tomorrow I have gone for a few speculative 1st round leader punts ew. Literally throwing about 6 darts at the board at high odds. All these are in the first few groups in the morning.

Michael Lorenzo-Vera 55/1
    Haotong Li 45/1
    Victor Dubuisson 80/1
    Liam Johnston 300/1
    Hyowon Park 300/1
    Robert Rock 90/1

Literally a few euro each way, I won't miss the sheckles tomorrow night, hopefully one of them gives me something to roar at tomorrow.

I will have a bet on the outright on Sunday morning.

I did have a sneaky few ew on Oliver Wilson at 100/ 1. I actually don't know why...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

150/1 is also currently available 8pl (1/5), reasonable value.
    Got MacIntyre @81 last week now BP is around 70/1 for 8placers

Noticed BSp is doing 10pl, the only cross-check price advantage here is Jamieson@175. They're also getting their balls out with 8pl in the 3M also. Poor prices, but maybe Hovland@29 will suffice for e/w.

Main focus on Top10s (Clarke etc), as building acca arrays to include SW&AM in the Tennis ball (mixed doubles), Young Coco might surprise a few folks in the Ladies (Q4). +In WCC Cricket: India.

Given the wind forecast to pick up towards lunchtime tomorrow I have gone for a few speculative 1st round leader punts ew. Literally throwing about 6 darts at the board at high odds. All these are in the first few groups in the morning.

Michael Lorenzo-Vera 55/1
    Haotong Li 45/1
    Victor Dubuisson 80/1
    Liam Johnston 300/1
    Hyowon Park 300/1
    Robert Rock 90/1

Literally a few euro each way, I won't miss the sheckles tomorrow night, hopefully one of them gives me something to roar at tomorrow.

I will have a bet on the outright on Sunday morning.

I did have a sneaky few ew on Oliver Wilson at 100/ 1. I actually don't know why...

If he could pick up 2 more birdies, maybe 3 on the last 5/6 holes, he'll def give you something to shout for the rest of the day

If he could pick up 2 more birdies, maybe 3 on the last 5/6 holes, he'll def give you something to shout for the rest of the day

He got there , but it looks like he won't be leading. They are queing up now and the forecast higher winds don't look to have arrived. Hopefully he sneaks a place along with Lorenzo Vera.

He got there , but it looks like he won't be leading. They are queing up now and the forecast higher winds don't look to have arrived. Hopefully he sneaks a place along with Lorenzo Vera.

I actually think you could hold on..

The odds could be seriously diluted but a winner is a winner and you might have two of them

I actually think you could hold on..

The odds could be seriously diluted but a winner is a winner and you might have two of them

They are paying 6 on leader after r 1. Hopefully they hold on for joint lead and then I will get the place also. The wind is starting to slowly pick up.

I would be afraid of the likes of John Rahm, if he is in the humour.

They are paying 6 on leader after r 1. Hopefully they hold on for joint lead and then I will get the place also. The wind is starting to slowly pick up.

I would be afraid of the likes of John Rahm, if he is in the humour.

What kinda return did ya get on the two lads? Stake and odds well diluted but you’d imagine the 300/1 still returned a decent profit

What kinda return did ya get on the two lads? Stake and odds well diluted but you’d imagine the 300/1 still returned a decent profit

It worked out at about 4/7 of the placed odds. I made a few bob, happy enough.

I am getting a run for my money with Oliver Wilson also. Looking forward to the final day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭robbiezero

What would my payout be on Kaymer?
    25 e/w at 28/1 - bookie paying 10 places?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

robbiezero wrote: »
    What would my payout be on Kaymer?
    25 e/w at 28/1 - bookie paying 10 places?

Thanks.

I'm presuming 1/5 odds so

€25 * (28 * 1/5 * 10/13) + €25 = €133

Advertisement