Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options
1919293949597»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Are we getting much support from the other models for this outcome? Also 6 days is a good bit out, in Fantasy Island territory

Yes,

ECM mean at 144
    Reem1441.gif

mean t 192

Reem1921.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Smidge wrote: »
    @Weathercheck..
    What % would you give a chart like that(ie so far in FI)of coming to pass?
    It is a nice bit of eye-candy though;)

strangely quite confident. but if they did come off would be still marginal in parts due to time of year but very exciting weather nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭dublinbusdude

This makes me laugh with this app this morning - app is here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clockweatherpro

Left my home at 8:32am and says it was -4c, got to the Luas stop at the Square, Tallaght at 9am & it was -3c - odd or what!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

strangely quite confident. but if they did come off would be still marginal in parts due to time of year but very exciting weather nonetheless.

Agreed.
    Even as an amatuer, charts looking peachy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Charts looking epic! Not giving up on seeing lying snow in Dublin just yet :)

Dan :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

In fairness to the models they were all in pretty much agreement about a week ago with regards this current cold spell. Similar agreement now with regards next weeks cold spell so maybe finally they are upping their game after a poor Winter performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I feel like i am talking to myself at the moment! I expect lots of attention in here come the weekend!

19 March comes and the cold keeps coming.

Rtavn1561.png

I brought up the good runs earlier but twas just myself and trotter.

There was no downgrade from Sunday/Monday event. The models were quite consistent. Might be the same again this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

This makes me laugh with this app this morning - app is here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clockweatherpro
    Left my home at 8:32am and says it was -4c, got to the Luas stop at the Square, Tallaght at 9am & it was -3c - odd or what!

Odd how?
    Don't put your faith in those apps. Check where the station is that is giving that reading.

An app I had was taking it's readings from Dun Laoghaire, I live in Ballsbridge. It made a difference similar to the one you are having.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Nabber wrote: »
    Odd how?
    Don't put your faith in those apps. Check where the station is that is giving that reading.

An app I had was taking it's readings from Dun Laoghaire, I live in Ballsbridge. It made a difference similar to the one you are having.

It uses Goggle Maps but calls its South Dublin for here in Tallaght but when I go to the City it goes Dublin City!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Surely with the uppers not as cold as we just had & the time of year it will only be snow for highest ground,cold & wet for most people or am i looking at charts wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Sensual Cucumber

No way a chance for more snow..cant believe it:D Doesn't look as cold as Monday to me though and I got no covering:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

This thread has expired. Please feel free to open a new one on possible wintryness continuing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement