Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Wexford hogged it all on us :D classic image.

There was one from end of Nov/start of Dec that i can never find where we were white...honest :p

I believe you!

early December 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maltese falcon11

Good tip for Cheltenham tomorrow : Wrap up well . !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Deank wrote: »
    with a bit of rotten luck its the start of a decent shower.
    FYP on behalf of the drivers...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

endacl wrote: »
    FYP on behalf of the drivers...

;)
    Ha, I've got to drive tomorrow morning too, take it handy and all will be well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

whitebriar wrote: »
    Oh its been sticking out the road from you for a while,close to an inch now and lashing down :D

Told you this morning to be patient. Did you see my post.

It was inevitable.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83607291&postcount=1861

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Lads any thoughts on Chances of Dublin area snow? Radar is looking a bit meh to me for here...Any chance of showers making there way here from the north later?

Dan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Getting a bit more sleety than snowy here in south Kilkenny

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The northerly streamer is dying very quickly just as it heads towards me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Good tip for Cheltenham tomorrow : Wrap up well . !!!

Foundation in the 2nd Race. Put your house on it

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Lads any thoughts on Chances of Dublin area snow? Radar is looking a bit meh to me for here...Any chance of showers making there way here from the north later?

Dan :)

Not looking good at all. I'm waiting for one more radar frame and I'm calling it a night if it doesn't show something miraculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Night has been very clear all night and just had a smoke
    White clouds headin my way!
    Trying to not get my hopes up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Foundation in the 2nd Race. Put your house on it

How about putting the household tax on it instead? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Redsunset wrote: »

It was inevitable.

ive to be at the train station in the morning to go to dublin:(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

tramore is covered with proper snow! im loving it, it came late enough for the kids to be on the way to bed so the adults get to go and play, the hills of tramore provide a great source of entertainment in the snow! only thing is it seems the roads havnt been gritted at all so the roads are very very scary with little or no grip, drive carefully if you need to drive at all in tramore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Did anyone see anything on the charts about further up north?
    I was surprised that the "usual suspects" ie Monaghan, Cavan etc didn't seem to get the usual pasting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

-5 here in south sligo, clear starry night - happy for the Waterford people who are enjoying a rare snowday - here I'm glad there's no white stuff for a change but I'm also slightly jealous at the cool pics - too cold here for snow damn cold for March what's going on it was warmer at the height of winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

blankAs wrote: »
    tramore is covered with proper snow! im loving it, it came late enough for the kids to be on the way to bed so the adults get to go and play, the hills of tramore provide a great source of entertainment in the snow! only thing is it seems the roads havnt been gritted at all so the roads are very very scary with little or no grip, drive carefully if you need to drive at all in tramore

Haha! I know what you mean, the roads are gritted but they were gritted way too late. I went for a stroll and cars are going everywhere.

The hill by the racecourse is impassible, cars are skidding back down it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Redsunset wrote: »

It was inevitable.

Yeah saw that,meant to thank it.
    Our streamer is really struggling as it hits land.I suppose I'll wait for that yellow blob before calling it a night as tomorrow it ends.

Still ongoing flurries in between the squeals here.
    -0.1/-3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

solas111 wrote: »
    The earlier discussion about the ability or otherwise of Lough Neagh to produce streamers may be worth revisiting in light of present MetroRadar.co.uk activity?

Any opinions?
    It may be helping it. Perhaps not the main factor though. The wind direction is coming from Edinburgh and through a relatively flat part of Scotland and then a reasonable sea fetch. There are showers cropping up around UK and Ireland over land without any lakes nearby but it looks like Lough Neagh has been making a difference going by the radar pictures this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,325 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Graupel (I think thats what you people call it) falling for the last 15 minutes in Mulhuddart D15.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

schools all off tomorrow then? ;)

I know non-Dubs love seeing us suffer so here you go, it's been like this all day.

QzbdQCP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maltese falcon11

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Dublin force field seems to have done the job.

that is me done. good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

If it makes anyone feel any better according to all the radars, north louth is covered in rainfall but we haven't had a flake yet tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Ok, I think this is worthy of a post!

Been having those weird fake looking showers on and off since I got home at five o clock in Rathangan. The kind that just blow around in the wind.

There was a light covering on paths and cars.

Having a proper flaky shower for the last hour now :D No sign of it stopping. Getting heavier in fact! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Roads around Kildare town are very bad with compacted snow and ice. Even the M7 looked a bit dodgy beyond the M9 junction. Curiously, all the stuff that passed over south Dublin today as nothing more than glorified non stick sleet showers must have stuck and stayed stuck out here. Maybe Dublin is just too near the coast for this event.

Edit : having said that, you'd be hard pressed to make a snowman out of it, its more like a frozen dusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Looks like that's it for any chance for us Dublin folk,a well nice to hear & see pics from those who got their fix,now on wards & upwards old chums :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Went out for a stroll :) Not a sinner around!

Anyways decided to take a couple more pics, sure why not :)

OteFCu5l.jpg

nyDtlQBl.jpg

8eP2Lk5l.jpg

MNlboPMl.jpg

osGXQ5Hl.jpg

neRFKfkl.jpg

ElyUewtl.jpg

6lVZYGzl.jpg

4DnqPMLl.jpg

kpkR4Y4l.jpg

JkFmZ60l.jpg

dXe1nIVl.jpg

Hopefully it's all still there in the morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Yeah I guess its going to miss Dublin completely
    Load of me bollox
    Maybe just maybe il wake up and can build snowman with the little one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement