Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Not wrote: »
    Roads around Kildare town are very bad with compacted snow and ice. Even the M7 looked a bit dodgy beyond the M9 junction. Curiously, all the stuff that passed over south Dublin today as nothing more than glorified non stick sleet showers must have stuck and stayed stuck out here. Maybe Dublin is just too near the coast for this event.

Thanks for this. I have a 50 mile commute to work in the morning and the hardest part is the 8 or so miles to the motorway. Always good having some info beforehand from other drivers. I feel a snow day coming!

Still coming down in in Rathangan BTW. I could see the bonnet of my car an hour ago. Not so now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

More streamers to come but then a massive void by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Okay, the Canadian Air Force, with support from my insider friends at HAARP, have taken out the Isle of Man. On to Cumbria!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Okay, the Canadian Air Force, with support from my insider friends at HAARP, have taken out the Isle of Man. On to Cumbria!

Any chance of your friends at HAARP dumping 10ft of snow on Dublin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

It starts snowing heavily just as I'm going to bed, am not going to be able to sleep now:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Thanks MT! It's working already! Snowing in Duleek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

sweet caliper, you must have been out earlier, those pics of tramore are before the 8pm blizzard? there was definatly more snow on the prom when i was down there at about 9.30. so who knows what are the chances of it being there in the morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Blogger50 wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I have a 50 mile commute to work in the morning and the hardest part is the 8 or so miles to the motorway. Always good having some info beforehand from other drivers. I feel a snow day coming!

Still coming down in in Rathangan BTW. I could see the bonnet of my car an hour ago. Not so now! :)

At the moment I'd class the roads here as driveable with care, it's a frozen dusting, but I'm a little south of the streamer so nothing new is falling here, and may not tonight. Anything that does fall though will certaintly be around in the morning unless there's a substantial rise in temperatures which I dont think is forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,856 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Irish sea losing potential now. Probably totally clear in all but extreme SE by 2am. Thats when the fun will really start, the freeze/melt of the graupel going on all day is now freezing hard. black ice will be widespread and thick in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

lashing snow in Arklow again
    0.4/-4
    Nn folks-Safe driving in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Oh the day started with such promise. I couldn't be more East Coast if I tried and yet nothing but a few tiny grains and the odd flurry here and there. Signing off now. Yours, despondently MrsR in D3.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

whitebriar wrote: »
    lashing snow in Arklow again
    0.4/-4
    Nn folks-Safe driving in the morning.

Same here in Tinahely. Been snowing here for a while.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy snow again in Waterford City

www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxstream.php

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Bye bye and take care till next winter!:0)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Heavy snow again in Waterford City

www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxstream.php
    Alri we get it you's have snow
    Stop gloating >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Jesus lads, some snow in Waterford :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

pp_me wrote: »
    Jesus lads, some snow in Waterford :P

Tsnow joke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Impressive stuff in Waterford! Meanwhile in Blanch, nothing much but a few flakes here and there. It looks like the end of it tbh, it has been an exciting last few days :D Until next year ciao

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭eagerv

Still snowing strongly in New Ross.

So Waterford can expect it to last a while longer..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

How many centimeters/inches did Waterford get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Tis bucketing down now in Waterford :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

i measured 9.5 cm from the garden table in tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Still going almost two hours later in Rathangan. Time for bed.

I don't care if its gone in the morning, just sitting here at my window watching it fall for a while was lovely. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

How many centimeters/inches did Waterford get?

Just did a quick measure and it currently stands at 7cm which is not too far off 3 inches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭eagerv

Just over 8 cms here in New Ross.

Measured on top of car and lawn. No wind here so very constant depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Nothing but the odd flake here in Dublin city centre and even what's falling isn't sticking, so unless we get a heavy shower tonight I don't see much for us here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Anybody know if it's snowing in Waterford or tramore currently? To lazy to escape from my bed haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

blankAs wrote: »
    sweet caliper, you must have been out earlier, those pics of tramore are before the 8pm blizzard? there was definatly more snow on the prom when i was down there at about 9.30. so who knows what are the chances of it being there in the morning?

Nope photos were taken around 10.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

RobitTV wrote: »
    Anybody know if it's snowing in Waterford or tramore currently? To lazy to escape from my bed haha
    Sure is :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Did Waterford get any snow today?

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement