Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

RobitTV wrote: »
    Anybody know if it's snowing in Waterford or tramore currently? To lazy to escape from my bed haha

Small bit falling here in Tramore again, the temp is -3 so I'd easily say it's here till the morning anyways.

Lovely snow clouds coming in, can see them in the sky, I'd say we're in for one or two more blizzards tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hate u all :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

RobitTV wrote: »
    Anybody know if it's snowing in Waterford or tramore currently? To lazy to escape from my bed haha

Just stopped here in Waterford City.

Anyway guys i'm off to the leaba now. What a day :D Stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

if we are getting more in tramore/waterford what way will the schools be? open/ closed/ utter mayham?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

blankAs wrote: »
    if we are getting more in tramore/waterford what way will the schools be? open/ closed/ utter mayham?!

I'd highly doubt they will be open if it's like it is now tomorrow.

I was out earlier and even with the grit (which was put down waaay too late) cars were still skidding everywhere and that was when the temp was 0 deg.

It's now -2 deg and snowing so can just imagine the roads in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 TeaCup2

I won't say the snow in Waterford this evening was a surprise, but jaysus the amount that fell sure was!

I dunno how much will be there by morning, but I sure as hell enjoyed this ride. Thanks to all the regular posters here for the insight over the past few days, I have been watching and waiting, it doesn't always work out how we'd like, but for us in Waterford, this time it did.

I will bid you all good night now, till next time oiche mhaith agus codlaith saimh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

Dry as bone here in Galway, its -4/-5 here but since we've had no snow (or rain for a good few days), the roads are grand. Just finished working evening shift, was thinking there would be frost on the roads, but nothing really, still drove carefully though! It's just really cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Will the buses be going in Tramore/Waterford anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Just checking the NRA webcam, it seems large swathes of the southeast have lying snow.

And there's heavy snow by the looks of things in Midleton even! Any reports from east Cork?

http://www.nratraffic.ie/cams/default.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

Any more snow for Dublin tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Very heavy clump of precip forming around the IOM on raintoday.co.uk..Where will this end up, probably any of the three W's in the south east

• Registered Users Posts: 2 legendbazz

starting to snow again in tramore

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very sizeable and intense snow shower over the IOM, now why couldnt that form over the past 24 hours now that the wind direction is useless to most of us.

Strange year this has been so far, crap winter, cold spring with ice and snow, now lets see what summer brings us. I'd like to think we will be done with the cold weather by next week and start getting prepared for t-shirt weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Possible brief "convergence zone" near Isle of Man from the northerly polar maritime airmass coming close to the existing polar continental one, with that sudden change in wind direction?

I dont know what it is but if it keeps up its gonna dump a load on the east coast somewhere

Looks like its heading for Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This could happen if that keeps coming our way.

B5AD172B72334FCD915A52498BA28DD6-0000324468-0003188261-00500L-08B6449BF0394E66A816F2F5B1281F96.jpg

Super-Rush wrote: »
    This could happen if that keeps coming our way.

B5AD172B72334FCD915A52498BA28DD6-0000324468-0003188261-00500L-08B6449BF0394E66A816F2F5B1281F96.jpg

Ha yea if it keeps its intensity there'll be a few surprised heads in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

apologies to all, but the waterford snow shield is currently out of order!!!

aboyro wrote: »
    apologies to all, but the waterford snow shield is currently out of order!!!

Tis weakening..not sure if it'll make Waterford:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Looks to be heading for Dublin but it's definitely weakened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Latest update from the metoffice rather surprising

Northern Ireland
    Days 1 to 5
    Regional forecast
    Day 1 to 5 UK forecast
    Day 1 to 5 UK forecast
    Day 6 to 30
    Headline:
    Mainly dry with sunny spells.

Today:
    A cold and frosty start across the whole area. Then mainly dry with some long sunny spells best of these over Fermanagh and Armagh. Risk of light snow flurry over north coast and hills of Antrim in the afternoon. Maximum Temperature 6 °C.

Tonight:
    Apart from a few snow showers in the north this evening and overnight will be dry with some clear spells these again leading to a widespread frost. Light winds. Minimum Temperature -3 °C.

Wednesday:
    Another frosty start, this followed by a dry day with bright or sunny spells in the south but with a few snow flurries over County Derry and Antrim. Maximum Temperature 6 °C.

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:
    Cloudy with rain and hill snow spreading from west on Thursday. Mainly cloudy with snow showers on Friday. Bright with wintry showers on Saturday.

Issued at: 0400 on Tue 12 Mar 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Looks like the blob in question ran into the coast near the Dublin-Wicklow border and perhaps we'll get a belated report about the results, on the longer term -- looks to continue rather cold all week although I would be saying rain showers for Friday possibly turning to sleet later on, the weekend is very uncertain with not quite enough cold air at upper levels to justify a strongly worded snow outlook, but the right isobar pattern to justify concern.

I wouldn't be looking for any heat waves this month, even the two week period fails to reach normal values on the GFS, quite a backward March compared to last year.

Looks like the blob in question ran into the coast near the Dublin-Wicklow border and perhaps we'll get a belated report about the results, on the longer term -- looks to continue rather cold all week although I would be saying rain showers for Friday possibly turning to sleet later on, the weekend is very uncertain with not quite enough cold air at upper levels to justify a strongly worded snow outlook, but the right isobar pattern to justify concern.

I wouldn't be looking for any heat waves this month, even the two week period fails to reach normal values on the GFS, quite a backward March compared to last year.

March could turn out to be Scotland's ski seasons best month

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Have to post this for the LOLS

Paddy's Night temperatures:

Rtavn15017.png

The amount of drunks that would freeze to death if that came through weathercheck
    The maps obviously anticipating snow cover for those minima

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

snowing moderately in Arklow again,fair bit on the ground.

0.8/-3.8

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

Here in Aughrim we have about 4cm. Currently -0.5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

light shower in Waterford. Bitter out. few hours to the thaw yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Here in Aughrim we have about 4cm. Currently -0.5c.
    That's roughly what I have here south of Arklow town,it,s hard packed on my untreated road and very slippy.
    Still snowing moderately here.Showers reaching me about 2 miles from the coast but not much further.Can see clear sky inland towards croghan.
    Edit -heavy now

0.7/-3.4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I'm between Arklow and Gorey. I'd say about an inch if snow, perhaps a little more.
    Seems anywhere south of Arklow came out best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement