Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    What? You can clearly tell.

Was on the phone bad quality now on the desktop yes you can and I feel stupid

I was in the US this week for work and picked up 75932 Jurassic park velociraptor chase for $33 which is about €30. I'm a huge fan of the film but the €53 price tag for what's a pretty small build had put me off picking it up over here.

Starting to play with the idea of picking up some of the Jurassic World sets and building a park!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Went for something a bit different recently as I always found the pics of this set really interesting.
    eCp6i3U.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

I've been sorely tempted by that a good few times on ebay and bricklink! Think I'll bite the bullet soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Conchir wrote: »
    I've been sorely tempted by that a good few times on ebay and bricklink! Think I'll bite the bullet soon.
    $ 160 shipped from Panama and didn't get stung for customs, so not as expensive as I originally thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

UCS Slave 1 at a bargain, €100 in Smyths!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

UCS Slave 1 at a bargain, €100 in Smyths!

Nice, which Smyth's did you get it in?

Nice, which Smyth's did you get it in?

Smyths Athlone, was the last one luckily enough!

It's not on the store website anymore so there most be a few left on shelves around the country. Would love to get that set!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Checked my local store and none there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Damn you! I went in today and checked, had to make do with the snowspeeder at €120.

Ha sorry lads, I know I was steeped! Even one of the guys who was working there said "feck ya anyways, you got it before me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ah slave I was £78 iirc during amazon prime day, probably should have gotten it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Bought 2 at 100 in letterkenny last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

madalig12 wrote: »
    Bought 2 at 100 in letterkenny last week...

Scalper :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Scalper :rolleyes:

Ypu take that back, i sold one at that same price to a collector friend

madalig12 wrote: »
    Ypu take that back, i sold one at that same price to a collector friend

Good, I worked in Smyths and scalpers used to always be in.

posting here actually to seek advice from ye seasonal buyers...i am going to get the Disney Castle set as a wedding gift actually (next February), the thing has been out since Oct 2016 so I am a bit worried that it might retire soon. Official RRP is 350e, so i bet i can get just well around 300e, what would you do if you were me?

(I saw a £290 on Bricklink from a UK seller and that seems like the best deal atm)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

seraphimvc wrote: »
    posting here actually to seek advice from ye seasonal buyers...i am going to get the Disney Castle set as a wedding gift actually (next February), the thing has been out since Oct 2016 so I am a bit worried that it might retire soon. Official RRP is 350e, so i bet i can get just well around 300e, what would you do if you were me?

(I saw a £290 on Bricklink from a UK seller and that seems like the best deal atm)

£290 is a great deal given how weak sterling is so you probably wouldn't get much better than that. Smyths do deals every September for €10 off €50 spent so you could potentially get it for less BUT they don't seem to sell it at the moment. The Lego store itself would be hit and miss as to whether they'd reduce it.

As such, I'd say take the £290 price.

£290 is a great deal given how weak sterling is so you probably wouldn't get much better than that. Smyths do deals every September for €10 of €50 spent so you could potentially get it for less BUT they don't seem to sell it at the moment. The Lego store itself would be hit and miss as to whether they'd reduce it.

As such, I'd say take the £290 price.

I agree, get it now while you can, Smyths don't seem to stock it anymore and Lego rarely reduce sets.

• Advertisement

or I am thinking...i can get it from official UK website £300, and post it via parcel motel:pac:

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

seraphimvc wrote: »
    or I am thinking...i can get it from official UK website £300, and post it via parcel motel:pac:

They are way ahead of you there I'm afraid
    Lego wrote:
    We are unable to take orders for delivery to PO Boxes including Packstations, hotels and freight forwarding services.

Spocker wrote: »
    They are way ahead of you there I'm afraid

:( i think i must have done it before...i need to go dig out my lego receipt

update: well the bricklink seller worked out it would be 349e to deliver to me...so i think i will get it via official lego site...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

At least with the official site you might get a gift set (might be a haloween themed one soon?) and you'd build up some loyalty points.

Sleepy wrote: »
    At least with the official site you might get a gift set (might be a haloween themed one soon?) and you'd build up some loyalty points.

ye i dont think it will be out of stock anytime soon, so ill keep an eye on it, probably wait til some tripe vip and good seasonal gift set etc

gahhhh, pulled the trigger for Slave1, 90euro, good deal right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Pulled the trigger on the betrayal at cloud city 75222 for €204 delivered. 0.07ppp and 18 mfs

Pulled the trigger on the betrayal at cloud city 75222 for €204 delivered. 0.07ppp and 18 mfs

Where?

Where?

Check my post in the Lego bargain thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Major Vonregs Tie Fighter 75240 for €46 delivered from Amazon

Advertisement