Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition:
    https://twitter.com/karlmonaghan/status/995974891026436096

Really enjoyed the build and there's a surprising amount of articulation on the arms and legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Lego Architecture Venice 21026 in the Netherlands at the weekend for just €22.80 first architecture set. Will probably get London soon. New York set is pretty nice too but it's a good bit dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Nice find, that's a retired set. The London skyline is one of my favourites, some lovely building techniques in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got that set as the event set at, erm, something - can't actually remember now. Possibly in Portugal last year. Nice build; some of the smaller architecture sets can have quite complicated techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Treated myself to the rollercoaster which arrived yesterday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Treated myself to the rollercoaster which arrived yesterday!!

Please tell me it's awful, I'm so close to dropping more money :(

also, these appeared today on lego site, available next week...

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Statue-of-Liberty-21042
    https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Great-Wall-of-China-21041

Please tell me it's awful, I'm so close to dropping more money :(

It's awful......ly great!

In all seriousness it is great but it's also not. It takes up waaay too much space and is hands down to most boring / repetitive build I've ever tackled.

But it's fantastic... Mechanism is brilliant whether you have it motorized or cranking it by hand. It looks cool and has some nice elements in it.

The price though is a killer.

Edit: to anyone in or near Limerick, call into Brick Con in St John's Pavilion tomorrow (Sunday 27th), you can see the rollercoaster 'in the brick'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

It's awful......ly great!

In all seriousness it is great but it's also not. It takes up waaay too much space and is hands down to most boring / repetitive build I've ever tackled.

But it's fantastic... Mechanism is brilliant whether you have it motorized or cranking it by hand. It looks cool and has some nice elements in it.

The price though is a killer.

Edit: to anyone in or near Limerick, call into Brick Con in St John's Pavilion tomorrow (Sunday 27th), you can see the rollercoaster 'in the brick'.

Saw it today I really like the multi colour Millennium Falcon and I so want to get the bit one. But the City sets like the Ghostbusters, Diner and Mayor Hall (not sure if a real set) were cool. I took a few photo of them. The Guinness truck was impressive. I wish I had the know how to start a unique build.:mad:

I cracked on Friday evening and bought my first modular: Parisian Restaurant 10243.

The detail in the build is simply astounding on these. 3 of the 4 bags down and planning to finish it with my 12 year old this evening.

What's the cheapest way to get the modulars? Retail for the currently available ones? Second hand on eBay? Bricklinking with substitute pieces?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Sleepy wrote:
    What's the cheapest way to get the modulars? Retail for the currently available ones? Second hand on eBay? Bricklinking with substitute pieces?

Used on eBay usually works out best. My wife has to open a brand new box for some reason, no savings for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Sleepy wrote: »
    I cracked on Friday evening and bought my first modular: Parisian Restaurant 10243.

The detail in the build is simply astounding on these. 3 of the 4 bags down and planning to finish it with my 12 year old this evening.

best bet is eBay, or bricklink sellers that sell the set brand new, bricklinking pieces will usually cost you more for modulars. Also generally buying via UK sellers, and use parcel motel etc service to save you on postage.

the funniest thing is that the prices of the modulars can be found cheaper in US, so if you have a friend/family that is willing to do the hard work for ya:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Now that they stock them, I’d be willing to wait for Smyths sale for the current offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Now that they stock them, I’d be willing to wait for Smyths sale for the current offerings.

Yep, hard to find Modulars discounted. I got lucky on the Brick Back being 20% off last year on LEGO shop at home. If anywhere though, you are right Smyths would be likely to drop by 20% at some stage. You have to track and be patient

Picked up the LEGO Architecture Trevi Fountain, Rome 21020 on eBay for £50. :)

Picked up the LEGO Architecture Trevi Fountain, Rome 21020 on eBay for £50. :)

ffs thats a good price! nice one! That set is my biggest miss in architecture range :o

Saw it today I really like the multi colour Millennium Falcon and I so want to get the bit one. But the City sets like the Ghostbusters, Diner and Mayor Hall (not sure if a real set) were cool. I took a few photo of them. The Guinness truck was impressive. I wish I had the know how to start a unique build.:mad:

The rainbow falcon mine, it's just a reskin of the system scale set, very easy to do once you have the parts.

The Guinness truck is a different story, you need a genius of a mind to design and build that. The same builder won a competition to have two of his models sent to Lego HQ in Billund.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

The rainbow falcon mine, it's just a reskin of the system scale set, very easy to do once you have the parts.

The Guinness truck is a different story, you need a genius of a mind to design and build that. The same builder won a competition to have two of his models sent to Lego HQ in Billund.

I agree that some of the bulids must take months to think out and to test I would say a design program could be useful and you would have to program in all types of lego and there sizes. I suppose start small like a reskin and try to build up from there. There is a video on youtube of the titanic been build out of lego think it was 30,000 bricks

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ffs thats a good price! nice one! That set is my biggest miss in architecture range :o

Just spotted it on Adverts.ie if you're still looking for it: http://www.adverts.ie/15146652

(And for less than I paid for it!)

Just spotted it on Adverts.ie if you're still looking for it: http://www.adverts.ie/15146652

(And for less than I paid for it!)

essentially a 2nd hand item from the looks of it. i am going to try to cut the price down:p

Oh, the one I ordered was second-hand too. Lego really doesn't seem to depreciate as much as most things. In some cases, even second-hand sets can be worth multiples of the original RRP.

New, sealed in box copies of 21020-1 seem to be in the €80 territory according to Bricklink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I agree that some of the bulids must take months to think out and to test I would say a design program could be useful and you would have to program in all types of lego and there sizes. I suppose start small like a reskin and try to build up from there. There is a video on youtube of the titanic been build out of lego think it was 30,000 bricks

There are multiple design programmes pre populated with the parts. LDD and stud.io for starters

Another set bought :(

If I’m honest, the base was a little laborious but the statue detail is amazing and the overall size of the model is very impressive!

You need to use a banana for scale :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Got the T-Rex Breakout set for my nieces birthday (and some free Creative Personality set that went straight on Adverts) and it looks great. I think the T-Rex will prove very popular with the currently dinosaur-mad recipient :)

Got the new Lego water bottle and some luggage tags as well to pad out the order. I think I'll hold onto the tags as they are quite nice and feel sturdy enough. The bottle can be a last-minute gift for another small relative.

I ordered the Ninjago Dieselnaut 70654 direct from Lego and also got the creative storybook free.

I love the look of the Dieselnaut, it's got a very Mad Max feel to it. I'm also excited to see what sets will come out next year to tie in with the Lego Movie 2 as I imagine some of them will also have a Mad Max vibe.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm also excited to see what sets will come out next year to tie in with the Lego Movie 2 as I imagine some of them will also have a Mad Max vibe.

That first wave of sets has massive potential. Out in December/January I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

She's gone on a minifigure rampage!

Diner is almost complete.

Assembly Square is next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

Porsche GT3 RS just arrived.

You need to use a banana for scale :pac:

Minifig for scale :)

453286.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic