Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Ryath wrote: »
    Where did you get it for €110? Was happy to see it in Smyths yesterday good chance of getting it at a discounted price at some point.

We got it in Smyths, yeah the seating annoyed me, 2 seats... Eddie Rockets has 40 seats and you'd be waiting an hour for food :p

The studio is nice but didn't come with enough musically items for it, very unrealistic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    We got it in Smyths, yeah the seating annoyed me, 2 seats... Eddie Rockets has 40 seats and you'd be waiting an hour for food :p

The studio is nice but didn't come with enough musically items for it, very unrealistic.

Wow, listed as €160 on the website! Was there a deal or something? €110 is a great price for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Star Lord wrote: »
    Wow, listed as €160 on the website! Was there a deal or something? €110 is a great price for it!

There’s less and less incentive to buy from S@H. Before you’d think you’d have to go there to buy the exclusives, but that’s not really the case anymore. Last purchase from S@H was the old fishing store. It was available (and on sale) on Smyths about four weeks later. The free sets no compensation either. That mini-fog 40th set is really poor.

There’s less and less incentive to buy from S@H. Before you’d think you’d have to go there to buy the exclusives, but that’s not really the case anymore. Last purchase from S@H was the old fishing store. It was available (and on sale) on Smyths about four weeks later. The free sets no compensation either. That mini-fog 40th set is really poor.

Not sure what S@H is? Assuming the LEGO online shop?
    It's €159.99 on both the LEGO shop and the Smyths site:
    https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Downtown-Diner-10260
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/lego-exclusives-and-hard-to-find/lego-10260-creator-expert-downtown-diner/p/165317
    Hence the query about the great deal getting it for €110!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Not sure what S@H is? Assuming the LEGO online shop?
    It's €159.99 on both the LEGO shop and the Smyths site:
    https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Downtown-Diner-10260
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/lego-exclusives-and-hard-to-find/lego-10260-creator-expert-downtown-diner/p/165317
    Hence the query about the great deal getting it for €110!

No, got it in our local, yeah I'd rather lose getting those useless VIP points and have the set right now than wait a week and a half for Lego store, also Smyths do put out sets earlier than Lego sometimes, I got the Brick Me and the Avengers Brick Headz 4 weeks ago and a Jurassic World set from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Mrs Sleepy surprised me with the Architecture Buckingham Palace set last week. Some clever building techniques though a little repetitive to build in places (the front of the wings use a huge amount of 1x1 plates and rounds).

447746.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

Bought the joker manor! What do other afols think of it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Billydoc wrote:
    Bought the joker manor! What do other afols think of it?

Yeah, the price at Smyths is great at the moment. It doesn't fit with her collection though..

tedpan wrote: »
    Yeah, the price at Smyths is great at the moment. It doesn't fit with her collection though..

Yeah got it at that price! Looking forward to getting time to build it!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Got the TRON set this morning, very quick build but very nice. Didn't expect the 'wheels' to spin at all, pleasant surprise.

Got the Minecraft 'The Chicken Coop' set as well but that's for my nieces birthday :)

Wasn't keeping tracking of the special offers so got the Bunny Hut and Minifigure Factory as well. They went straight onto Adverts, not really interested in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Detective Office slowly making its way to me at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Rhyme wrote: »
    Got the TRON set this morning, very quick build but very nice. Didn't expect the 'wheels' to spin at all, pleasant surprise.

Got the Minecraft 'The Chicken Coop' set as well but that's for my nieces birthday :)

Wasn't keeping tracking of the special offers so got the Bunny Hut and Minifigure Factory as well. They went straight onto Adverts, not really interested in either.
    I'm interested in the Minifigure Factory, could you link me?

• Moderators Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Spocker

Too late ;)https://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lego-minifigure-factory/15188100

It went pretty fast I'm afraid. I usually foist the free sets on Adverts. They're nice and all and it's a lovely surprise to get something extra but I'm being so strict on what Lego I get these days that I can't let my guard down for a second. If I did I'd be in this thread a lot more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Would you not be better sealing them up and leaving them in the attic for a few years until they're rare?

Thargor wrote: »
    Would you not be better sealing them up and leaving them in the attic for a few years until they're rare?

I'm determined to avoid that side of Lego buying/selling. It might make me a bit of cash but I'd feel like a piece of shit. I would rather sell the sets immediately so someone will enjoy them i.e. the purpose of Lego.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Detective Office slowly making its way to me at the moment

Enjoy! Probably my favourite build to date. Lots of little hidden details!
    Rhyme wrote: »
    I'm determined to avoid that side of Lego buying/selling. It might make me a bit of cash but I'd feel like a piece of shit. I would rather sell the sets immediately so someone will enjoy them i.e. the purpose of Lego.

Currently trying to sell a set for a fair price on Adverts. Tempted to just pull it and sell on Bricklink instead, but think I may need reputation before I can sell there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Enjoy! Probably my favourite build to date. Lots of little hidden details!

Currently trying to sell a set for a fair price on Adverts. Tempted to just pull it and sell on Bricklink instead, but think I may need reputation before I can sell there!

What's the set?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Bought ghostbusters firehouse HQ last week and built bag 1 over the weekend, loving it so far

https://imgur.com/a/g934H

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Built this last night, very different and looks great when complete.

Got Destiny’s Bounty yesterday. Heard it’s a good build. In Argos for €85 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

The Infinity War Milano is reduced to €79.99 at Smyths + the pod which connects to it is down to €19.99 at Argos.

I think it's time.

Also, a shameless plug: I've got 7 Superheroes and Star Wars sets for €100 on adverts, as well as 3 Rogue One sets for €120. I'm getting out of Lego selling and trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Glebee

Billydoc wrote: »
    Got Destiny’s Bounty yesterday. Heard it’s a good build. In Argos for €85 at the moment.

Great build and a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

got the ship in bottle for 70e when i was in germany, would recommend it at this price, defo worth to carry it back if you visited continental europe (our RRP is 85e ffs).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭Ryath

Got Lego Iconic Chess Set delivered during the week. Nice display piece and is actually very playable.
    seraphimvc wrote: »
    got the ship in bottle for 70e when i was in germany, would recommend it at this price, defo worth to carry it back if you visited continental europe (our RRP is 85e ffs).

It's a more appropriate price alright in Netherlands soon so could tempt me. Quite a variance in prices though on a quick check on the Netherlands site the Saturn V is €10 more and the TRON set a fiver more. Brick Bank €20 more than here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Ryath wrote: »
    Got Lego Iconic Chess Set delivered during the week. Nice display piece and is actually very playable.

It's a more appropriate price alright in Netherlands soon so could tempt me. Quite a variance in prices though on a quick check on the Netherlands site the Saturn V is €10 more and the TRON set a fiver more. Brick Bank €20 more than here!

Thanks for the heads up! I thought the chess set has been retired! It is a must have living room decoration for me!

and it is so weird for the price difference yes :pac: and I want to say that the ship in bottle is actually in a bigger box packaging, unlike the small-medium size of most idea sets. Overall it is the big transparent pieces that bump up the price.

If you were to wait for a low chance of sales for idea sets, just get the best price that you are able to get: for saturn i think i will get it from UK site, bloody price is not gonna drop anytime soon lolo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Purchased the UCS Y-Wing last night shortly after 12am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,116 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That chess set is a decent parts pack also

Advertisement