Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive Club - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

il play it when the ps+ version comes out (if ever), imo the most fundamental part of a modern racing game (particularly sim like track racing racers) is online, if they dont have this up and running a week after release whats the point, and remember they delayed this game a year to make it polished

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It looks like the server issues may get worse before they get better.
    DriveClub's servers currently cannot cope with the number of users attempting to connect their copy online. The problem started before the game even launched on disc in Europe, and has caused the free DriveClub: PlayStation Plus edition to be delayed until further notice.

Evolution has been forced to implement a one in one out policy - so you won't be able to log in unless another player disconnects.

Director Paul "Rushy" Rustchynsky has now defended DriveClub's troubled launch and said that pre-release tests had not shown up any issues.

"We ran a beta test and none of these issues occurred," Rustchynsky wrote on Twitter. "We had confidence everything was ready. These issues were unexpected.

"We did run large scale synthetic load tests with tens of thousands of concurrent users and the tests were successful."

Some DriveClub owners have questioned why the game was released at all - especially after its previous year delay - if its servers weren't ready.

Others have asked for compensation - something Evolution has said it is not against as a possibility.

"We're considering all of our options right now," Rustchynsky wrote in response to one fan who had been unable to connect.

The last server update, pushed live on Friday evening, increased the total number of players able to connect. But Evolution explained that further tests over the coming days would impact server availability for all.

Even if you can connect to the game's servers, various features remain offline. Challenges and social updates are unavailable, although clubs, leaderboards and online racing are enabled.

"We're still working flat-out to fix the online problems," Rustchynsky concluded last night. "Sorry for the wait."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

There's no way it sold a big enough amount to have caused major server issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

COYVB wrote: »
    There's no way it sold a big enough amount to have caused major server issues...

It is number 2 in the UK sales chart on PS4 though. Just wasn't stress tested properly on the servers and it shows. It's a big PR disaster for Evolution and it's going to damage them big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Haven't spent much time with this yet thanks to Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor but from the couple of hours or so I have played I am really enjoying the single player and like Octagon said the sense of speed is incredible.

I'm not too bothered about the server issues at the moment and I'm sure they will sort it out soon. Too much hysteria about this IMO and besides we will probably get some DLC for free as part compensation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Has anyone been able to download the exteas that came with the pre-order? I'm still not able to, just brings up an error.

As for the game itself, have to admit I'm really liking it! Played a few times online and no problem at all (when i could get online)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

god's toy wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to download the exteas that came with the pre-order? I'm still not able to, just brings up an error.

Can't get them either, they seem to be lost in digital limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

COYVB wrote: »

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/521612369387327488

It's not numbers, it's a software bug on the servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Precisely.

They screwed up the single most important part of an online racing game. one would imagine they'll take quite the kicking over this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Would not like to be one of the QA's at Evolution right now.

You would imagine this is a huge setback as if they didn't have enough of a problem.

I'm actually still looking forward to playing it but I feel they've already damaged the brand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Im sure Evolution is not in a good place right now, trying to fix these problems, the embarrassment of it all, it is also the first thing that has gone wrong for the PS4 since the unveiling of the Ps4, not really Sony's fault but it's making them look slightly bad at the moment so im sure they are far from happy with Evolution right now, the year long delay and now this.

I would imagine that free DLC will have to be given to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gonzo wrote: »
    I would imagine that free DLC will have to be given to all.

Why would you think that? :confused:

To buy all the DLC without a season pass will cost around 75 Euro, so even offering it at half price may placate some buyers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cormac... wrote: »
    Why would you think that? :confused:

what I mean by that is they may choose to give away some dlc for free (not it all) as many people are upset after paying 65 euro a game where none of the online stuff or leaderboards work nearly a week later, who knows when this will be fixed there was a mention of some form of compensation for all the problems.

Despite all the problems, negative reviews I read alot of positive feedback here on boards.ie and other websites about the game. I decided to buy the game on the psn store for 39.99 and I don't regret it at all! So far it's a highly enjoyable racing game, easily the best looking one Ive ever played and one of the most fun to play as well! Track design is really good and the handling of the cars feels just right. This is also one of the first Ps4 games to look proper next-gen!
    still a shame about the server issues, hopefully they will fix this soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Sounds good apart from connectivity issues, might get it myself later.
    Good few people on reddit only have good things to say about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I've just ordered. Downloading now, looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Anyone recommend a good wheel for this?

anyone else find it strange that the ps4 games receiving the most average reviews are turning out to be the best games on the platform? e.g. Wolfenstein, Alien Isolation and Driveclub!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think that depends on the mentality.

Alien and Wolfenstein actually reviewed pretty well in general but pretty well is deemed as average by a lot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

no online still......... releasing a game that is broken......

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    no online still......... releasing a game that is broken......

In fairness the game is not broken, just the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Xenji wrote: »
    In fairness the game is not broken, just the servers.

Its like you were delivered a new car with a broken engine.

You can still look at it and admire the body.
    You can still put luggage in the boot.
    You can still put your family in the car and listen to the radio.
    But you cant do what you were promised the car was going to do when you were sold it can you?

I'd start checking for any hidden EA logos if I were you.

Ravenid wrote: »
    Its like you were delivered a new car with a broken engine.

You can still look at it and admire the body.
    You can still put luggage in the boot.
    You can still put your family in the car and listen to the radio.
    But you cant do what you were promised the car was going to do when you were sold it can you?

I'd start checking for any hidden EA logos if I were you.

The game does have an entire offline single player campaign you can play while your waiting for the servers to be sorted out.

I'm really enjoying the single player, multiplayer was working intermittently for me earlier on. Didn't get into any races. Will there be a boards club?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I got an update file and it won't download, kind of fitting for the mess that is Driveclub. For all its problems I still bloody love this game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got a update last night that added back all missing the extra cars that should have come with the pre-order.

Still online is flaky however.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Got my pre-order cars too - and a fame multiplier.

For those who pre-ordered, check the Notifications area, specifically the PlayStation updates. In there, you should have a message regarding DriveClub. Press X on the message and you can redeem a new code which gets you the pre-order extras as the original files do not download.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Took the plunge last night and picked this up. The racing is addictive, the visuals are amazing and so is the sense of speed(even in a mini), i cant believe theres no replay mode(yet) though, the car decals/designs are cheap and shltty. Its feels like 70% of a finished game. But the main thing is the racing is really fooking fun.. feels like 80% arcade 20% sim.. or maybe 90/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Very dissapointed with this :(
    Wasn't expecting much but I was expecting it to be a lot better. Maybe I've been spoiled by Burnout Revenge (which I tracked down again a few days ago) and Forza etc but I just find DriveClub a bit... Meh.

Sure its pretty but so is Burnout Revenge and that game is what, 8 years old and manages to run at 1080p 60fps at eye watering speed. They sacrifice detail but make it up with good art direction and pure speed :). The detail in DC is amazing, the draw distance is insane but outside the cockpit view the cars seem to float above the track in a weird way and it all feels a little like Project Gotham light. I do like the mini missions like the corner challenges ect though and the dynamic time of day is awesome but its got something missing from the handling I cant put my finger on. Like its a weird hybrid between sim/arcade but not a good one like the Grid series.

Maybe I just need to give it more time to grow on me :/ this all reads very harsh and its far better than I'm making it sound, just a little disappointing after my first few (long ha ha) hours.

Advertisement