Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive Club - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

tok9 wrote: »
    Yup

What file size is it? I'm trying to work out how long it will take to download on 3mb connection :(

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Just started playing this.
    PSN: Superdigzi. Only lvl 3 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

etxp wrote: »
    What file size is it? I'm trying to work out how long it will take to download on 3mb connection :(

I think it's about 13GB.

Edit: 14.7GB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've been trying to get into this game but I've already hit my ceiling. I'm only level 18 but I just can't win any races or even place in the top three. I just am no good at sim racers and I don't think I have the patience to practice.

5 Free tracks are being added today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

UPDATE 01-19-2015
    3.33 GB, available now. Evolution just posted this on FB

New Features:

* Adds a new online game mode: Multiplayer Time Trial
    * Adds five new tracks in Japan, offering 11 variants in total
    Gameplay Improvements:

* Makes changes to AI drafting behaviour, .
    * Makes changes to the impact of world collisions whilst driving on a straight, to reduce the amount of drag and speed lost from impact.
    * Adds a new option to Event Settings to race without crowd, track infrastructure and corner flags.
    * Adds the option to browse and register for Multiplayer events via the Social Hub.
    * Windscreen wiper speeds have been changed.
    * A bug with AI car wing mirrors not showing a reflecltion has now been fixed.
    * Disables overscan compensation when playing via Remote Play.
    * Adds a link to the PlayStation®Store to the DRIVECLUB Home menu.
    * Also includes a number of minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.

Photomode Improvements:

* Adds the option to reset damage and remove dirt when taking a photo.
    * Adds the option to permanently hide camera movement controls when accessing Photo Mode.
    * Players can now access Photo Mode while using a steering wheel via R3.
    * Players can now move the camera while OSD is disabled in photo mode.

Add-ons (coming January 27-29):

* Adds support for the Icona Vulcano, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download later in January.
    * Adds support for the Apex Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in January.
    This Expansion Pack includes the Apex Car Pack and Apex Tour Pack.
    * The Apex Car Pack includes 5 new cars: Enzo Ferrari, Caterham R500 Superlight, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Centennial Edition, McLaren 650S Coupe, and Jaguar C-X75 Prototype Edition.
    * The Apex Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
    * Adds support for the Sakura Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in January.
    * The Sakura Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
    * Adds support for 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in January. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

I just got this game a few days ago and really loving it. The challenges are great!

Ya I was saying on the ps4 thread I'm not much of a racer and haven't enjoyed one since Burnout Revenge on PS2 but this is really hitting it for me.

I just really like the feel of the game, the tracks, weather and cars. The challenges are brilliant too. I just find them so addictive.

Also there is actually still a space in my club if someone wants to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I played this today on a friends PS4 and I enjoyed it thoroughly. If the free PS+ version was released many more would see this. It was only after playing it that I put the extra €12 onto my PSN account to buy it. Before playing it I wasn't touching it with a barge pole. How do I join your club tok9?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still 25 on the store

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    I played this today on a friends PS4 and I enjoyed it thoroughly. If the free PS+ version was released many more would see this. It was only after playing it that I put the extra €12 onto my PSN account to buy it. Before playing it I wasn't touching it with a barge pole. How do I join your club tok9?

1 of my friends is joining it once it's installed so we've a full club. But I'm sure you'll be able to find one here too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is a great game but it is really difficult to get good at, Im only level 12 and get slaughtered, can't even get 3rd place. I guess I don't practice enough tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

. I just am no good at sim racers and I don't think I have the patience to practice.

This is far from a sim, it's about a stage up from Need for Speed in arcade feel. Forza and GT are more sim like in feel.

It's just practice to find the exploits in the car's handling. The key is to brake a bit more than you think you need to to stay on the corners and don't go off. After a bit you will get to know your brake points with various cars.

When the game first came out I was winning most/all the races online and offline with no penalties no problem. Haven't played it in a while so more people must have it and practiced at it.

When the game first came out if you went off the track slightly or hit anyone that was it, all your speed was gone and you had no hope of winning once that happened. I see that's been relaxed alot in updates since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I haven't played the game but the best generic tip I got for any racer was to try and keep the back wheels in line with the front as much as possible.

It sounds simple and condescending but it helped me a lot back in the days of PGR and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Currently downloading now, nice to read the playability has improved. Can't wait to see the weather effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just played my first race, feels amazing. As many have already said, there's a great sense of speed, and the graphics are superb. If anyone is up for making a club or has an extra space in one, I'd be on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just played my first race, feels amazing. As many have already said, there's a great sense of speed, and the graphics are superb. If anyone is up for making a club or has an extra space in one, I'd be on board.

If your setting up a club add me...

BAZ171075

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

With the 10% discount they're giving ps+ customers at the moment for the Xmas outage it made it €22.50

Looking forward to giving it a go when it's downloaded in a few hours lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Any one else fall victim to this bump?

It recently taught me that it's possible to flip your car in Driveclub (didn't have enough system storage to save clip that time).

With the 10% discount they're giving ps+ customers at the moment for the Xmas outage it made it €22.50

Looking forward to giving it a go when it's downloaded in a few hours lol.

If you setting up a club let me know.

• Advertisement

If you setting up a club let me know.

How many do u need for a club? And how does it work? I've done no research on this game other than knowing it had a ropey start but looks amazing.

I'll have a look at a few YouTube videos in a bit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Picked it up too.

How many do u need for a club? And how does it work? I've done no research on this game other than knowing it had a ropey start but looks amazing.

I'll have a look at a few YouTube videos in a bit.

It is up to six players in a club. Once you join a club everything you do will contribute xp to the club.

Just had a few races.

I'll definitely get my €22.50 out of it.

It looks very nice. The rain effects are beautiful.

And most importantly it handles well. Mistakes so far for me have been my own fault and not the game so looking forward to throwing a few hours into it.

All in all a welcome distraction from Destiny. This and Smash bros will be my take a break from Destiny games. Lol

Will look in to the club stuff in the coming days josey_wales

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Damien360

Any one else fall victim to this bump?

It recently taught me that it's possible to flip your car in Driveclub (didn't have enough system storage to save clip that time).

Managed to flip it a few times. On phone and cannot remember how to embed.

http://youtu.be/cOuIfi2x3CI

Still haven't joined a club, so if anyone has a free space, let me know, I'll be contributing plenty of XP! PSN is kaptinofwAr121

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Just created a club there and sent out invites to Baz and Kaptin. Club is boardsie. Threw together some colours if anyone wants different ones just let me know.

Anyone else want to join let me know here or on driveclub.

Thanks for the club invite Icarus, just joined it there, haven't time to race now but will be on most nights next week if anyone is up for online races.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Damien360

Icaras wrote: »
    Just created a club there and sent out invites to Baz and Kaptin. Club is boardsie. Threw together some colours if anyone wants different ones just let me know.

Anyone else want to join let me know here or on driveclub.

I will take that offer.

Muchtooold3 have'nt got a lot of time at moment. Late night racer usually

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Sure add me too. PSN name is kn_ul

Advertisement