Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive Club - PS4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Cant say it has me interested so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It seems that the car's interiors occupy more of the screen than the road does.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The pitch made me think of MAG with cars. The implementation will be key.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Could a driving game, touting 'social' as an important aspect, possibly succeed on a new console? The install base will be small compared to current machines and, as pointed out on Player 1 Podcast, other driving games with 'social' as their hook (such as Blur) failed despite a large install base.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

OP, I'm no expert but I don't have a good feeling about this game. Sounds like they are making this game the "flag bearer" of what the PS4 is capable of socially. Putting too much into gimmicks and not enough into gameplay would be my first impressions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, turns out this will be the first game to be added to your Playstation Plus 'Instant Game Collection' on PS4. Claaaaaaaaaaasss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

It doesn't sound like it will be the full game added to ps+ though. It's called the ps+ version so will most likely not be the full retail game

Oh yeah forgot that, will be good to get a taster of it anyway.

Sony gone back to the drawing board to make this a better game. What should have been a ps4 launch title might not even come out in 2014! I thought it was spose to be out next month.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/sonyas-gone-aback-to-the-drawing-boarda-to-make-driveclub-agreata?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think the comment about going back to the drawing board is what happened a while ago. I don't think this is something that has just happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bit of a blow for PS+ on the PS4 - this was their big hyped AAA game for the service. Wonder if they'll find a similar replacement or just stick to the indie games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't think it's that big a blow, given all the opposition have to offer is the poor Forza 5.
    That said, it seems Forza 4 is the best console racer out there, at least if track day is your thing.
    GT6 seems like a repackaged GT5 and the series really needs an overhaul, pun intended, for the next iteration due next year.
    Maybe the current gen should be looking to the likes of Codemasters for their state of the art racing kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

A new trailer was released today for DRIVECLUB, alongside the news that the release date for the game is now the 8th October (presumably the 7th in the US).

cookie-monster.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just seen the trailer there.

Cant wait for drive club now what a pretty game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I dont know what to make out of it. Yup, its cars all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

So we'll be getting Driveclub and Projectcars within a month of each other. When it rains it pours. One will be pure sim, the other sim/arcade. Can wait for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So we'll be getting Driveclub and Projectcars within a month of each other. When it rains it pours. One will be pure sim, the other sim/arcade. Can wait for both.

I just hope PS4 will have G27 support. I have a feeling sony wont feck us up on that one like Xbox one - NEW STEERING WHEELS FOR EVERYBODY! :pac:

Looks brilliant, will definitely have to setup a Boards club for this. The October release date is later than I thought but should give them plenty of time to make the improvements they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I just hope PS4 will have G27 support. I have a feeling sony wont feck us up on that one like Xbox one - NEW STEERING WHEELS FOR EVERYBODY! :pac:

if Logitech bought a licences, the wheel would work asap but I don't Sony will do it themselves out of the goodness of their heart when other companies pay to get their hardware on the system.

Im doubtful, but hoping that these games will support the Diving force GT aswell, i've read that its up to the wheel makers to sort it out, and not really in sonys hands... those of us with the DF GT might have to buy a new wheel with it not being in production anymore, so little incentive for the company to support it further.
    And with Project cars having support for sonys VR, gonna need that wheel support or a new wheel.

• Advertisement

Project Cars looks unreal altogether but might be too simmy for me. Drive Club looks more like my cuppa.

An update from the devs here

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/30/driveclub-update-evolution-studios-2/?emcid=social_20140430_22959884

They have tweaked the clubs from 12 members to 6 members for a more tight knit club....Did they just reduce the amount of people in a club and look at it as a good thing?

6 people in a club is a bit crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sheehy83 wrote: »
    An update from the devs here

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/30/driveclub-update-evolution-studios-2/?emcid=social_20140430_22959884

They have tweaked the clubs from 12 members to 6 members for a more tight knit club....Did they just reduce the amount of people in a club and look at it as a good thing?

6 people in a club is a bit crap.

Does make it a bit more competitive, if you've got sites like IGN and neogaf with thousands in their club and then all the small one trailing after.

Would rather they have larger (but limited sized clubs) and you're only allowed to be in 1 at a time.
    We love racing wheels! We’re working closely with Thrustmaster to support their awesome wheels already and when Logitech support wheel peripherals on PlayStation 4 we’d love to support them in DRIVECLUB too.

translation; Thrustmaster are console peripheral manufacturers and paid their licence and Logitech are not and has not.

Well the whole PS+ version was clarified.

Free version for PS+ has 1 location, 5 tracks and 10 or 11 cars.

Full digital version is the complete game and cost 50 quid. However, if you let your PS+ lapse, you can no longer play the game. As much as people should have PS+ anyway, I don't like the fact of paying full price and then the possibility that it can be taken away.

Physical edition is the complete game and costs 60 quid and is yours forever. I will be getting the physical copy.

Yep, much better off just paying the extra 10e, and buy the disc version so you actually own the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Full digital version is the complete game and cost 50 quid. However, if you let your PS+ lapse, you can no longer play the game. As much as people should have PS+ anyway, I don't like the fact of paying full price and then the possibility that it can be taken away.

Physical edition is the complete game and costs 60 quid and is yours forever. I will be getting the physical copy.

FYI the PS+ edition can get all of the content of the full version with what amounts to $50 worth of DLC, hence why you lose access when the sub expires.

However, you can buy the full edition for $60 - physically and digitally - so you will still have that option too.

TBH the push back the pricing has received since it was announced will probably mean that Sony will change it prior to launch.

Ah okay, that's what Francis was on about. Definitely paying the extra tenner whether I get the physical or digital copy. There was no need for Sony to make people angry with the whole 50 quid AND ps+sub to play, the majority of people would be keeping ps+ sub anyway, trying to get an extra tenner out of people to 'own' it reall isn't worth all the backlash they are getting.

Cmon Sony, I expect this from Microsoft but not from you :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

UPDATE> If you have #DRIVECLUB PS+ Ed & upgrade, we'll ensure you keep full game access even if your PS Plus runs out http://bit.ly/1kWAzqi

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU

F1ngers wrote: »

Nice quick resolution.

• Advertisement

Advertisement