Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive Club - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

OK fair enough the Chile Putre Challenge from sunset to pitch black at over 100mph doing handbrakes around cliff edges blew my mind. Graphically this game is a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I wrote a short tips guide for DriveClub. Let me know if I missed anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Any word on when the PS+ version will be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

srumball wrote: »
    Any word on when the PS+ version will be available?

No new news in a week now, nothing concrete about when it will be released either, it seems like they are sweeping it under the rug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I'm on holidays and back next week. Will Diveclubs online be working when I get back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    I'm on holidays and back next week. Will Diveclubs online be working when I get back?

It is working, just not that well. As for will it be working 100% next week, how long is a piece of string?? Evolution can't even answer you that one.

It is working, just not that well. As for will it be working 100% next week, how long is a piece of string?? Evolution can't even answer you that one.

They are clearly at the monkey stage in their evolution.

article-1206973-06153D1D000005DC-213_468x267.jpg

SIck game offline just a pity it's gonna take 2-3 months to fix the online. Prob won't be as bad as BF4 but it will be bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

What's the deal with some of the User chslkenges during a race......I keep get time Average Speed challenges having to beat something crazy like 4000 km/hr. I generally take some pride in beating someone else's scores, but that's just ridiculous .

Other than that I'm pretty much enjoying the game.

What's the deal with some of the User chslkenges during a race......I keep get time Average Speed challenges having to beat something crazy like 4000 km/hr. I generally take some pride in beating someone else's scores, but that's just ridiculous .

Evolution have confirmed that this is a bug that takes drift scores and uses them incorrectly when creating challenges.

Don't think they have fixed it yet as they have more pressing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I was thinking it was just users hacked the game as ive seen some impossible challenges

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »
    I was thinking it was just users hacked the game as ive seen some impossible challenges

it was nidge making a fast getaway but obviously not fast enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Anyone still playing this game? Recent weather update is pretty awesome in fairness. Driving in snow in Norway is unreal...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've seen some of the gifs and images and it looks absolutely incredible.

I'd actually like to play the game as everyone who has played it has said it's actually really good.

But I never really stick with racing games so I'll still hold off for the PS+ version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I've been toying with the idea of turning it back on to see what the weather update is like but I did give up on the online portion it takes way too long between races and everyone tries to ram you all the time.
    I can't get to grips properly with the handling either.
    It is a pretty game all the same and the sensation of speed when you first start playing it is incredible but that wears off after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

iamtony wrote: »
    I've been toying with the idea of turning it back on to see what the weather update is like but I did give up on the online portion it takes way too long between races and everyone tries to ram you all the time.
    I can't get to grips properly with the handling either.
    It is a pretty game all the same and the sensation of speed when you first start playing it is incredible but that wears off after a while.
    Weather effects really are class. Driving in full on rain with lightning in background is brilliant. Visually incredible.
    Online is pretty solid now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Weather effects really are class. Driving in full on rain with lightning in background is brilliant. Visually incredible.

What do you make of the handling? I find it crap to be honest. I can't go around corners unless I slow to a crawl. Do I just need more practice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

iamtony wrote: »
    I can't go around corners unless I slow to a crawl

That's reality for you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

We might get the PS+ version so. Or not

lertsnim wrote: »
    We might get the PS+ version so. Or not

My guess is they will leave the PS+ entry for another few months and instead of giving out a PS+ edition, they will just give people the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Otacon wrote: »
    My guess is they will leave the PS+ entry for another few months and instead of giving out a PS+ edition, they will just give people the full game.

Ya, but it probably will not happen until they have a few DLC packs available for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone playing this? Looking for a club to join.

Also how do you drive properly in this game? I just can't get the cornering right at all. Most of the time I just seem to head straight off road with no control at all. Or else I understeer badly.

Also I can't start drifting either. I'm used to the Need for Speed series and Mario Kart for my car handling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm really enjoying this game.
    Bought it for €40 and, after downloading the update, it's fantastic.
    Feels exactly like MSR, or PGR, only taken out of the cities.
    The handling model certainly feels very familiar to an old Dreamcast owner like me who pit many many hours into MSR.
    This is really explained by the lead on the project being Ged Talbot who joined Evolution studios after developing the PGR series with Bizzare Creations.
    It's a breath of fresh air compared to the existing fare out there, particularly on the PS4 where the only racing game is NfS Rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone here have a club that I can join?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying this game.
    Bought it for €40 and, after downloading the update, it's fantastic.
    Feels exactly like MSR, or PGR, only taken out of the cities.
    The handling model certainly feels very familiar to an old Dreamcast owner like me who pit many many hours into MSR.
    This is really explained by the lead on the project being Ged Talbot who joined Evolution studios after developing the PGR series with Bizzare Creations.
    It's a breath of fresh air compared to the existing fare out there, particularly on the PS4 where the only racing game is NfS Rivals.

yeah i always compared it to PGR! Was it not cheaper than €40 if you got the PS Plus edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 xProGamingx

Any sign of this making it to the PS Store for free download?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any sign of this making it to the PS Store for free download?

It is still delayed indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 xProGamingx

Xenji wrote: »
    It is still delayed indefinitely.
    That clears that up anyway... Thanks Xenji

Probably no point putting it here but Driveclub is €25 now. Bought it on Thursday and I'm really enjoying it.

Made a club too so if anyone wants to join, let me know. It's currently level 3.

Just wondering one thing. Has much changed between the free content and season pass due to the issues with Driveclub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

tok9 wrote: »
    Probably no point putting it here but Driveclub is €25 now. Bought it on Thursday and I'm really enjoying it.

Made a club too so if anyone wants to join, let me know. It's currently level 3.

Just wondering one thing. Has much changed between the free content and season pass due to the issues with Driveclub?

Is that 25 digital download?

• Advertisement

etxp wrote: »
    Is that 25 digital download?

Yup

Advertisement