Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive Club - PS4

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Mc Love wrote: »
    Also looking to join a club or get people to join my "silver sharx" club :)

More than welcome in boardsie 2nd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Very interested in a few races with some locals, anyone on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

...feel free to move if not appropriate here...

Utterly confused by PS Plus version of DriveClub vs retail version vs second hand.

I see I can get it on PS Plus for 25 euro with (I think)
    DriveClub Full Game PS Plus: €25
    DriveClub (not PS Plus, bought on PSN): €40

PS Plus versions says this:
    ---
    DRIVECLUB™ Full Game Includes:
    • All 78 tracks from all 6 locations: Scotland, Canada, Norway, Chile, India and Japan.
    • All 50 vehicles: 7 Hot Hatch, 15 Sports, 15 Performance, 8 Super and 5 Hyper.
    • All 50 events in the offline single player Tour career mode.
    • Access to all free add-ons and add-on packs from PlayStation®Store.
    ---

IS THERE A DIFFERENCE :-)

Also, could buy in CEX second hand on disc for €20. But would I loose (I dunno) codes needed for online / bonus stuff etc.

I do have a current PSN subscription.

Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The free Plus version does not exist yet. The full version is €25 if you are a Plus member however, if you are not a member you pay full price €40. They are still working on the free Plus version.

You are getting a €15 discount as part of PS Plus membership, it's a permenant price drop as a way of saying sorry for the massive 1 year and counting delay

Do I loose anything if I buy the disc based game second hand?

Thanks for reply btw.

Reason I ask is that I occasionally lend / swap games with my brother...

• Advertisement

Ah sod it, just bought ps plus version:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Any space in any clubs left.

Decided to start putting a bit of time into this, still crap at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone else have issues getting the trophy when you reach Level 50?

I am but I haven't unlocked the trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone else have issues getting the trophy when you reach Level 50?

I am but I haven't unlocked the trophy.

No, I got it OK. It was back in April though so might have been a different software version of the game then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Drive Club bikes is launching this evening, either as a standalone or a expansion, just announced at the PGS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I lost interest in Driveclub waaay too quickly. It feels lifeless compared to its competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I lost interest in Driveclub waaay too quickly. It feels lifeless compared to its competitors.

I don't know about lifeless but I found the driving mechanics tough to get to grips with.
    Is it an arcade game? Is it a sim?
    I don't think it knows.

I found myself pelting round a circuit, drifting into corners thinking I was the man and then suddenly I'm spinning off course as I touch another car in the wrong spot.

That said I did play it again the other day and there is huge content there and it does feel nice when you kind of get to grips with it.

Ah I don't know. Weird game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I don't know about lifeless but I found the driving mechanics tough to get to grips with.
    Is it an arcade game? Is it a sim?
    I don't think it knows.

I found myself pelting round a circuit, drifting into corners thinking I was the man and then suddenly I'm spinning off course as I touch another car in the wrong spot.

That said I did play it again the other day and there is huge content there and it does feel nice when you kind of get to grips with it.

Ah I don't know. Weird game.

Yeah that's what I found, I don't like the handling balance they went for. It's a very pretty game with lots of content but I can't get into the feel of it.

I picked up Forza 6 last week after being very pee'd off with Forza 5 and felt right at home straight away with the feel and car handling.

Drive Club still has way better weather effects though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yeah that's what I found, I don't like the handling balance they went for. It's a very pretty game with lots of content but I can't get into the feel of it.

I picked up Forza 6 last week after being very pee'd off with Forza 5 and felt right at home straight away with the feel and car handling.

Drive Club still has way better weather effects though.

Glad to hear it's not just me.

You're right on the look and weather in the game. It really is seriously beautiful.

I've only the ps4 so forza isn't on my agenda this console generation but tbh I'm not mad into racing games like I used to be so I'm not too bothered.

For the small bursts of racing I want to do I'll stick to drive club or some games on the 360 or better still Mario Kart 8 on Wii U. Now that's a good racer!

I'm in the middle of downloading the update for the bikes with my incredibly slow internet connection (1GB left, only 4 hours to go!). From what I have seen online, they look seriously intense when using the cockpit view so hopefully that might change how I feel about the game.

I remember finishing the main single player section and thinking what now? I wasn't expecting a marching band to congratulate me but it just felt dull. Even the cars sound unrealistic and odd. It sounds like two engine notes are playing at once (hard to explain). I don't have too many issues with the handling except the cars feel and respond exactly the same as each other. There is hardly any difference between those within the same class.

Forza has ruined me. I don't have a XB One but I remember sticking a big V8 into a Ford Focus or an old 190 Merc in Forza 4 and then trying to tame it on the track; that level of customization never gets old.

While Forza is all about the cars and Project Cars is all about the racing, Driveclub is sadly neither. I have high hopes for the bikes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I like how Evolution is constantly updating the game and adding new bits while still listening to the community, although I have admittedly not played it in around 5 months, but they are giving all the premium DLC for those who bought the game free next month, so might give it a whirl again.

I have no interest in paying E14.99 for the bikes though.
    "We will be offering the premium DLC packs for November free to those who purchased the full game," Evolution announced on its Facebook page, referring to the add-ons due 26th November in Europe.

This premium DLC includes the Ignition Expansion Pack, Photo-Finish Tour Pack and two livery packs - which contain a sum total of five new cars, 22 new tour events, 10 new trophies and 10 new livery items.

Since all those who purchased DriveClub are getting these perks pro-bono, the Season Pass goodies have been extended to include four additional add-ons in July 2015. As such, the paid DLC will still consist of an eventual 38 cars, 176 new events and 80 unique liveries.

Oh, so we have to pay for the bike expansion then...:o

No thanks.

I feel like uninstalling the game as a mark of defiance. That'll show them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Where do I go to request membership of the club, just got the game at Xmas. Enjoying it so far

Advertisement