Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive Club - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Otacon wrote: »
    No, the full version is the PS+ edition plus a €50 upgrade. The season pass is additional on top of that.

That's annoying.€50 seems like a lot for 38 cars and no new tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

String wrote: »
    That's annoying.€50 seems like a lot for 38 cars and no new tracks.

The PS+ Edition contains one location (India), 11 tracks, 10 cars but access to all game modes.
    Free with Plus

The full version has five locations (India, Canada, Chile, Norway and the UK), 55 tracks, the full car list above.
    €50 upgrade to PS+ Edition OR €60 standalone

The free DLC consists of 11 additional tracks and 9 additional cars.
    Free to both the PS+ and Full Editions

The paid DLC (season pass content) contains 38 additional cars and 176 new events.
    €25 season pass

Hope that is clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just a few weeks away and only 3gbs download to start playing it. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Will need to get a boards club going. Anyone know how that works yet? Is it just in-game or can it be setup/organized using web client?

String wrote: »
    Will need to get a boards club going. Anyone know how that works yet? Is it just in-game or can it be setup/organized using web client?

Not sure how it works but unfortunately a club can only consist of 6 players. Vid below explains more. Playing on your own, you can still score points for your club but I play at completely random times and usually late as well so would be hard to commit to club events. Going on randomly, you'd be lucky to see 1 or 2 of your club mates on at the same time I'd say. Will have to see how it works out but I'm sure there will be multiple Boards clubs set up because of the small number allowed.

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Not sure how it works but unfortunately a club can only consist of 6 players. Vid below explains more. Playing on your own, you can still score points for your club but I play at completely random times and usually late as well so would be hard to commit to club events. Going on randomly, you'd be lucky to see 1 or 2 of your club mates on at the same time I'd say. Will have to see how it works out but I'm sure there will be multiple Boards clubs set up because of the small number allowed.

Is that 6 limit recent? I found a Q&A from E3 2013, it might have changed since, but it says 2 minimum, 12 maximum.

http://playstationer.net/2013/07/05/driveclub-q-and-a/

I think the 6 limit news was released this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bunch of people bitching about wheel support, and some lies from Logitech about a PS4 chip being needed in the wheels to work even when there old wheels that were out that do work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

havent followed this at all, whats the story with car customization? can you tinker much with the car innerds?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

So basically + version is just a demo? Fair enough, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    Bunch of people bitching about wheel support, and some lies from Logitech about a PS4 chip being needed in the wheels to work even when there old wheels that were out that do work.

So wait, G27 is not going to work with ps4 so?

So wait, G27 is not going to work with ps4 so?
    OSI wrote: »
    No.

Link

The Thrustmaster T80 and T300RS seem to be the only options currently but they say they will add support to more wheels when they become compatible to PS4.

For comparison, Project Cars on PS4 has no Logitech wheels supported either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Otacon wrote: »
    Link

The Thrustmaster T80 and T300RS seem to be the only options currently but they say they will add support to more wheels when they become compatible to PS4.
    Are you seriously saying that there is a peripheral called the Thrustmaster???

Are you seriously saying that there is a peripheral called the Thrustmaster???

c3c.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Most of the older Thrustmaster work as well, not just the 2 new PS4 branded ones.

Varik wrote: »
    Most of the older Thrustmaster work as well, not just the 2 new PS4 branded ones.

that small blue pill does wonders.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

PS Plus members getting a good deal there I reckon after watching that video.

The weather effects look amazing. :eek:

Its a bit annoying that the Logitech wheels dont work for it though.

Maybe get patched in at a later date?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Are we the 8th of October or are we being lumped in with the UK on the 10th?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

lertsnim wrote: »
    Are we the 8th of October or are we being lumped in with the UK on the 10th?

8th for the Plus Edition and 10th for the full release version and upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

8th for the Plus Edition and 10th for the full release version and upgrade.

What about the U.S.? Is that free on PS+ too? That video just said Europe & UK

Aodhagan wrote: »
    What about the U.S.? Is that free on PS+ too? That video just said Europe & UK

The US get it whenever they get their October Plus update. It's a PS+ general release for October.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Ps+ version will be a 17 gig download according to Gamespot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

The US get it whenever they get their October Plus update. It's a PS+ general release for October.

Which is the first Tuesday of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Smithy2306

Look great, hopefully worth the wait.

Hope so, looks like this could be Forza for the PS. It's the only IP I miss after ditching Xbox. There is a lack of decent racers on PS imo. I have the full game pre-ordered on PSN, €39.99 for a full new AAA release it's a steel imo. And people complain and say Plus is not worth €50 per year, there is a €20 saving on Driveclub alone. What more do people want.

was reading a few articles that say there is little to no car customization, is this true?

was reading a few articles that say there is little to no car customization, is this true?

Not true in terms on looks of the car but its no where near Forza's customization options. You cannot customize the parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

When are reviews out for the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

tok9 wrote: »
    When are reviews out for the game?

Embargo is up at 14.00 tomorrow.

Advertisement