Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just sailing around yesterday and saw my 1st Man O War just sail up beside me, was class! Loving sailing around, jump onto a little island, plunder it for all it's worth and then head back onto the open waves singing shanties with the boys even though I don't know the words!

# Oh Billy Reilly was a nnyahnrhyynnayhrr OH BILLY REILLY! OH BILLY REILLY! #

Got stuck in my head while trying to go to sleep one night after playing it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

http://orcz.com/Assassin%27s_Creed_IV:_Shantey

All the lyrics to the songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,546 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

danthefan wrote: »

I don't really like tons of collectibles in games but the shanty sheets are well worth hunting down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Just sailing around yesterday and saw my 1st Man O War just sail up beside me, was class! Loving sailing around, jump onto a little island, plunder it for all it's worth and then head back onto the open waves singing shanties with the boys even though I don't know the words!

Anyone else never able to log into U Play at the main menu?

I had the same issue, it's to do with your friends list going over 100 people. It's a bug. I deleted a few from mine and second screen and all that working perfectly now.

I don't think I have over 100 friends. I was at max on ps3 and then added about 10 on ps4.

Anyone know if any of those shanties are Irish, I guess 'Paddy Doyles Boots' is? If any were Irish, I would just go collect all of them first for a good sing song on the boat. I saw a vid where while you are at the wheel, you press the dpad to make the crew song, not sure if you can choose the song?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I don't think I have over 100 friends. I was at max on ps3 and then added about 10 on ps4.

Anyone know if any of those shanties are Irish, I guess 'Paddy Doyles Boots' is? If any were Irish, I would just go collect all of them first for a good sing song on the boat. I saw a vid where while you are at the wheel, you press the dpad to make the crew song, not sure if you can choose the song?

The max on PS3 was 100, so if you added any on PS4 it would have taken you over if you were at max already. That's what happened me anyway.

Ah okay, I thought the max on ps3 was 50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

The Freedom Cry DLC is now out for PS4 in Europe, just downloading it now.....3.9GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Penn wrote: »

I wish Johnny Walker would get outta my head!

Love this shanty. Any other ones worth hunting down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Penn wrote: »

I think they are saying he "was a dancing master". And we all know from Game of Thrones, dancing master means sword fighting master. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Has anyone got the DLC and is it worth while ?

Rumours that Ubi will be releasing 2 AC games in 2014, 1 for new gen, 1 for last gen.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/443219/two-assassins-creed-games-reportedly-in-development-for-2014/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

One pure pirates, one continuing the AC franchise? I think there was a survey recently about the demand for a purely historical game without the futuristic aspect.

If they're good quality, grand stuff i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

whats the best way to earn money? i cant continue with the story until i get 5000R and onl have 1000 so far, the legendary ships have lots of money so i went to one and i quickly turned around as it is a floating fortress :( lol

Send a few ships off on missions and do some assassin contracts id say.

Rocking the legendary pirate outfit from uplay, its class. Will only change it when I get all the keys for the templar outfit.

Anyone know the name of this shanty...

From dublin bay to... nananana.. The man from county down.

My favourite shanty so far but can't find the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

From dublin bay to... nananana.. The man from county down.

My favourite shanty so far but can't find the name.

Star of the County Down. Covered by many, but here's the cover by the Irish Rovers:

A better version by the High Kings:

The one that appears in AC IV is done by a large group:

Dave Gossage - Traditional Music Producer, flute
    Nils Brown - Vocals
    Sean Dagher -Vocals, Bouzouki
    Michiel Schrey - Vocals
    Clayton Kennedy - Vocals
    Charlotte Cumberbirch - Vocals
    Linda Morrison -Vocals
    Patrick Graham - Percussion
    Rich Irwin - Percussion, Vocals
    Nelson Carter - Fiddle, Vocals
    Eric Breton - Percussion
    Dominic Soulard - Guitar
    Marco Marin - Vocals
    Amanda Keesmaat - Cello
    Guylaine Gregoire - Violin
    Chantal Remillard -Violin

MarkY91 wrote: »
    whats the best way to earn money? i cant continue with the story until i get 5000R and onl have 1000 so far, the legendary ships have lots of money so i went to one and i quickly turned around as it is a floating fortress :( lol

Attack ships and sell the stuff you take, open treasure chests you see, do assassin contracts or naval contracts, or the best way imo is with Kenway's Fleet.

Thanks monke, gonna be listening to this for the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I have put in 34hrs of gameplay into ac4 so far, on 69% complete sync.
    I have just completed sequence 8. I also got the outfit you get when you collect all 5 templar keys.
    Every place i have gone to, i have done everything and thus turning the icon for the location on the map to yellow.
    Really enjoying the game. :)

• Advertisement

Backfire wrote: »
    I have put in 34hrs of gameplay into ac4 so far, on 69% complete sync.
    I have just completed sequence 8. I also got the outfit you get when you collect all 5 templar keys.
    Every place i have gone to, i have done everything and thus turning the icon for the location on the map to yellow.
    Really enjoying the game. :)

How do you check how long you've been playing for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

How do you check how long you've been playing for?

Pause the game, go into database then statistics and you'll see it.

Just took down a fort, bloody brilliant! Also, it's great how you can stop the singing on the ship, start it again and they sing a different tune, like my own on-ship mp3 player.

Ubisoft really can nail the exotic island location. Lots of things in this remind me of Far Cry 3 which is no bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hmv have AC4 for 34.99, kinda tempted

Finished the game now, got all the Mayan thingies, did all the Assassin and Naval contracts, got the Templar armour, fully upgraded the Jackdaw, and got just about all the treasures/songs/animus fragments that are in locations you can fast travel to. For the most part I thought the main story was far far worse than just cruising around doing side-quests and the likes. Really enjoyed the game overall though.

Edit - took about 40 hours to get all that done. I'd say to collect every bit of treasure would take another 3 or so, and I've absolutely no compulsion to try 100% synch all the story parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

krudler wrote: »
    hmv have AC4 for 34.99, kinda tempted

Argh I paid 40 in Argos last week

Finished the game now, got all the Mayan thingies, did all the Assassin and Naval contracts, got the Templar armour, fully upgraded the Jackdaw, and got just about all the treasures/songs/animus fragments that are in locations you can fast travel to. For the most part I thought the main story was far far worse than just cruising around doing side-quests and the likes. Really enjoyed the game overall though.

Edit - took about 40 hours to get all that done. I'd say to collect every bit of treasure would take another 3 or so, and I've absolutely no compulsion to try 100% synch all the story parts.

How many abstergo challenges did you get done? I have 59 out of the 100 done so far. Be lucky to hit 70 by the time i finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Backfire wrote: »
    How many abstergo challenges did you get done? I have 59 out of the 100 done so far. Be lucky to hit 70 by the time i finish.

Think i managed all of them except the 100% sync one. Can't remember. Loaned the game to someone so can't check, but i had nearly all of them done just by playing the game.

Will probably try and get the sync ones when i get it back, but it's a pity there's online trophies, otherwise i would definitely be aiming for Platinum.

Think i managed all of them except the 100% sync one. Can't remember. Loaned the game to someone so can't check, but i had nearly all of them done just by playing the game.

Will probably try and get the sync ones when i get it back, but it's a pity there's online trophies, otherwise i would definitely be aiming for Platinum.

I cant see myself getting that many done, i'll be happy getting somewhere between 70 and 80. Iv 62 now. I still have 2 main areas in the map that i have yet to take over, 4 sequences, so still a bit of work to do. Iv 172 out of the 200 animus parts got so far. So much to do in the game, and like yourself, the online isnt much of an interest to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Really looking forward to getting stuck into this. I just installed it on the PS4 and downloaded the update. Will hopefully get a chance to play tonight.

Advertisement