Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

In work at 8 and Im starting AC now..good luck to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just lost 11 ships in the fleet, not sure how as most came back fine and then decided to go on additional missions; it was mostly frigates and 3 man o' wars. Good thing I don't need money at this point but since I still need metal I'll be boarding ships in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Still very early in it, just landed in Havana and done a small bit of exploring. Liking it a lot so far.

But even after one scene, I'm not too keen on the real world Animus Industries stuff. In the older games, the modern-day story was weird but held my attention. But now I'm a first-person view mute game designer? Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

if anyone else is having trouble with their uplay passport . I.E its still asking for it after you input code , select buy uplay passport ,brings to ps store , then you just download it for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was playing an early mission a few minutes ago and I had to chase someone down. I couldn't get near him at all and kept losing him at the exact same place. It happened four times in a row. On the fifth attempt the guy I was chasing turned back and ran at me giving me a chance to catch him.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a feature of the game to make it easier if you are struggling?

To me Edward in this game feels less agile than all the other characters from past AC games. I get stuck more often while running and climbing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was playing an early mission a few minutes ago and I had to chase someone down. I couldn't get near him at all and kept losing him at the exact same place. It happened four times in a row. On the fifth attempt the guy I was chasing turned back and ran at me giving me a chance to catch him.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a feature of the game to make it easier if you are struggling?

To me Edward in this game feels less agile than all the other characters from past AC games. I get stuck more often while running and climbing.

Not just you he feels very cumbersome when climbing and running, also the amount of times I've died or failed at this (I'm on seq 3) is much higher than I'm previous games, what you are saying could be true as I failed the section to protect the grand master in seq 2 a few times, he died very quickly indeed and then on the successful attempt he just seemed to leg it and survive the attack rather easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've a feeling it was deliberate. If you think about it, Altair, Ezio and Connor started their lives as an Assassin fairly early in their life. Edward
    robbed the Assassin uniform and anything he can do was through being a pirate, and not by being trained as an Assassin
    . That's the way i'm looking at it anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Got this game as an xmas prezzie and have lost most of the last week to it.
    Am totally hooked.
    I hated the last one so am delighted with the improvement this time around.
    I'm only about 20% in so I won't read through this thread yet in case there are spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,546 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So True...

1531733_635962133128876_333233575_n.jpg

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So True...

1531733_635962133128876_333233575_n.jpg

I just discovered you can change station shanty by pressing right on the dpad, what should we do with the drunken sailer" all the way now !!!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,546 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp once I figured that out, it was low lands away on repeat circling ships waiting for the shanty to finish before attacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

calex71 wrote: »
    I just discovered you can change station shanty by pressing right on the dpad, what should we do with the drunken sailer" all the way now !!!!! :pac:
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp once I figured that out, it was low lands away on repeat circling ships waiting for the shanty to finish before attacking.
    My brother doesnt let me sing along anymore so Im glad ye guys are enjoying it :(

I'm on Sequence 3 and 17% through the game but it still feels like the game is holding my hand in a tutorial.

I'm finally enjoying this now, seq 5. but seriously they are having a laugh calling it assassins creed aren't they. It's like they had this idea for a pirate game but didn't want to risk a new IP so worked it into the AC world and story so it would sell.

FFS even miss calex said "they could have named it the pirates code" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

^ question for anyone that has finished the game or got most of the collectables:

You know the 3 pre-order bonus missions? https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eayyCAA#where

Black Island/Hidden Mystery/Sacrificed secrets........

If you dont have thse DLC codes and just play the game normally....will you eventually unlock and be able to find all this DLC anyways by just playing the game?

I am trying to find out if his DLC stuff is brand new/not in game....or is it just unlocking stuff early that you will eventually find anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm having a bit of an issue regarding the "loyalty" bonuses from UPlay. It says that if I have 3 previous Assassin's Creed games found on my UPlay account that I'll be able to play Assassin's Creed IV and unlock the Altair, Ezio and Connor outfits to wear.

I don't know if it's console specific, some people say it is console specific and some say it's cross console/cross gen.

I have the PS4 version of Assassin's Creed IV. All my previous games were on the Xbox 360. My UPlay account has AC II, AC Brotherhood and AC III attached to it aswell as ACIV. Am I missing something?

Anyone know the best way to earn money on this? Seems like I'm always hovering between 3-6k.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone know the best way to earn money on this? Seems like I'm always hovering between 3-6k.

Sell your sugar and Rum every chance you get, and pillage every ship you can. Assassin missions are 1k or so a pop too.

Definitely not as easy to make money in this as in the other games though. It used to be well handy in AC2 when you got the town up and running and it automatically gave you money every now and then.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sell your sugar and Rum every chance you get, and pillage every ship you can. Assassin missions are 1k or so a pop too.

Definitely not as easy to make money in this as in the other games though. It used to be well handy in AC2 when you got the town up and running and it automatically gave you money every now and then.

At least you didn't mention that fleet stuff, that looks very boring.

I remember the previous games had something similar with the Assassins Guild but this seems much more convuluted

At least you didn't mention that fleet stuff, that looks very boring.

I remember the previous games had something similar with the Assassins Guild but this seems much more convuluted

Yeah and they don't pay out as well and take much longer to see a return on..... you have to do them though to get 3 of the treasure maps, not sure if those maps have elite upgrades for the Jackdaw must have a look.

Edit: Yup the elite fire barrels come from a map gained from the kenway's fleet missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

jenjenten wrote: »
    If you dont have thse DLC codes and just play the game normally....will you eventually unlock and be able to find all this DLC anyways by just playing the game?

Not so sure about in the future, but they don't unlock without a code for now.
    gamercfc wrote: »
    I have the PS4 version of Assassin's Creed IV. All my previous games were on the Xbox 360. My UPlay account has AC II, AC Brotherhood and AC III attached to it aswell as ACIV. Am I missing something?

I have the Buccaneer Edition for the PS3 and they unlocked when i linked my uPlay account. Maybe it's different for the PS4. Send Ubisoft an email, see what they say. For what it's worth, i didn't use any of those costumes anyway, took away from the Pirate feel!

yes!...new ps4 patch out, big one @ 724mb. the change log is extensive and i bet the game is totally playable and fixed with this patch.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

brilliant!.....all the pre order DLC will be available tomorrow for season pass owners....for free! :D

http://www.dlcentral.com/xbox360/xbox360news/assassins-creed-iv-dlc-illustrious-pirates-pack-out-now-prices-info/

Illustrious Pirates Pack description:
    Explore new locations and discover the secrets of the Black island, Mystery Island and Sacrifice Island to find hidden treasure chest to get access to new outfits and weapons for Edward, and figureheads and sails for you ship, the Jackdaw. Stand out in multiplayer with new and exclusive costume sets, pictures, titles, relics and emblems!

jenjenten wrote: »
    ^ question for anyone that has finished the game or got most of the collectables:

You know the 3 pre-order bonus missions? https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eayyCAA#where

Black Island/Hidden Mystery/Sacrificed secrets........

I am trying to find out if his DLC stuff is brand new/not in game....or is it just unlocking stuff early that you will eventually find anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

gamercfc wrote: »
    I'm having a bit of an issue regarding the "loyalty" bonuses from UPlay. It says that if I have 3 previous Assassin's Creed games found on my UPlay account that I'll be able to play Assassin's Creed IV and unlock the Altair, Ezio and Connor outfits to wear.

I don't know if it's console specific, some people say it is console specific and some say it's cross console/cross gen.

I'd email them.

I've played all the Assassins creed games on my Xbox 360, but went to the PC version with AC4. Those costumes were unlocked straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'd email them.

I've played all the Assassins creed games on my Xbox 360, but went to the PC version with AC4. Those costumes were unlocked straight away.

Defo email them...

I had some costume stuff unlock from my 360 Uplay Account when I logged in on my PS4, only played a bit of AC3 and not much of Revelations though, still got something for it though...

I just grabbed the new DLC.....now even more missions and goodies, yay!

So James Kidd
    is actually a woman. I only figured that out one second after hearing him/her speak for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So James Kidd
    is actually a woman. I only figured that out one second after hearing him/her speak for the first time.

;)
    Oh thank god for that, I've having all sorts of confusing feelings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Picked up the buccaneers edition today for 70e.

yarrr etc etc

• Advertisement

I feel bad for killing virtual whales.

Advertisement