Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-07-ubisoft-polls-interest-in-a-non-assassins-creed-pirate-game

An article on Eurogamer saying that Ubisoft are polling fans to see how they feel about the series and if they'd be interested in a non-assassins creed pirate game. Granted, it's probably safe to say they'll ignore user opinions like all major games companies do, but we may get lucky and get a full black flag game in the future.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im on nassu island and ive one chest left to collect in the fort, its shows it on the map but its actually not there at all is this a bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You are probably on the wrong plane. It's above you or below you. If you click on it in your map, an icon will show up in the game itself showing you where it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kirby wrote: »
    You are probably on the wrong plane. It's above you or below you. If you click on it in your map, an icon will show up in the game itself showing you where it is.

Thanks it was below me !

Im missing one animus fragment now, its not showing up on the map at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished the story earlier. Much better game than AC3. Still some flaws though. There were too many "Tail this person through random restricted areas which weren't there before" missions. The present day sections were weak as f*ck, and again are doing nothing more than stretching out the story further with as little effort as possible. And as much as I liked Edward, he's just no Ezio...

Definitely an enjoyable game though. A step in the right direction for the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

hi guys. my friend is in need of an upgrade code to the ps4 digital download. anyone have a spare code? he doesnt have the cash to be buying it until after christmas. thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

MarkY91 wrote: »
    hi guys. my friend is in need of an upgrade code to the ps4 digital download. anyone have a spare code? he doesnt have the cash to be buying it until after christmas. thanks in advance

If he uses an upgrade code he still needs the PS3 version of the game in the drive - and if he has that he can just use the upgrade path himself. Or are you asking for people to buy it for him or what here?

COYVB wrote: »
    If he uses an upgrade code he still needs the PS3 version of the game in the drive - and if he has that he can just use the upgrade path himself. Or are you asking for people to buy it for him or what here?

im simply asking for peoples spare codes. i wasnt aware that they needed to be paid for.

why would i ask people to buy them for him? thats just stupid lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29,635 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rumours that AC Black Flag will in the Christmas sale for PS3. If I buy it digitally. Then power on the PS4 and go to buy it digitially there, it should only cost a tenner from the PS4? Do I need to download it first on PS3 or should the purchase be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

im simply asking for peoples spare codes.
    I thought every current gen copy came with the code to upgrade to next gen. So he shouldn't need a code if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just finished the story last night. I enjoyed it a lot more than 3, but not as much as the Ezio games. While the latter did repeat a bit near the end, the overall story was much better, not to mention a much more likeable characters. Connor was pretty boring, and while Edward was more interesting, I found that Haytham was actually the character I liked playing as the most from the three. None of them had the charisma or exuded the fun that Ezio had, nor did I care about their overall story the way I did with Ezio.

That said, the game mechanics, and expanded sailing aspect were much better, though I would have liked a bit more to the on-land bits than the cut and paste job. There was one scene, where you could across the waterfall and rainbow, which was stunning, but those occurrences were few and far between.

Now to move onto the Legendary ships. Two down, two to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

chrislad wrote: »
    Now to move onto the Legendary ships. Two down, two to go!

Best of luck with El Impuluto!

ScumLord wrote: »
    I thought every current gen copy came with the code to upgrade to next gen. So he shouldn't need a code if that's the case.

he got it off his friend. im not too sure, he was just asking around for codes and thought id help out. oh well.

loving the game so far :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Anyone know if there's some way to check how many hours you've played so far? I'm completely hooked. And I'd say about 20% of the time at most has been spent on the story, just doing the side missions and attacking ships is brilliant fun.

still yet to have ever gotten to sign into uplay servers so i have no access to my fleet. am i missing out? i guess ill just forget it and play without the fleet thing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's not really much use to be honest. Grand at first, but it just takes up time after you've got a big fleet and constantly need to send them to clear a traderoute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

he got it off his friend. im not too sure, he was just asking around for codes and thought id help out. oh well.

loving the game so far :D

His friend should have the code then. You can't play the ps4 downloaded version without the ps3 game in the console so one is worked without the other when it comes to next gen

COYVB wrote: »
    His friend should have the code then. You can't play the ps4 downloaded version without the ps3 game in the console so one is worked without the other when it comes to next gen

thats true. i seemed to have been a little confused the other night when asking about a code. i told him his only bet is to buy the update code off the store for 15 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

still yet to have ever gotten to sign into uplay servers so i have no access to my fleet. am i missing out? i guess ill just forget it and play without the fleet thing

Not missing out really. The only benefit is you can earn money from it, but the amount you get for the effort it takes to set up is so poor that you're better off boarding/sinking ships and selling the sugar and rum. At least that way it's more entertaining, plus you'll build up a nice stock of wood and metal for upgrading too.

The fleet stuff is handy enough to have going on in the background, but like sending your assassin's away on missions in earlier games, it really makes little difference and can be boring to organise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Penn wrote: »
    Not missing out really. The only benefit is you can earn money from it, but the amount you get for the effort it takes to set up is so poor that you're better off boarding/sinking ships and selling the sugar and rum. At least that way it's more entertaining, plus you'll build up a nice stock of wood and metal for upgrading too.

The fleet stuff is handy enough to have going on in the background, but like sending your assassin's away on missions in earlier games, it really makes little difference and can be boring to organise.

However, if you want to 100% the game, then you do need to go through it. Three of the missions reward you with treasure maps.

To be honest, once you get a couple of Men o'war, then it's pretty easy to go through it all, and it provides a fair bit of income over time.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    However, if you want to 100% the game, then you do need to go through it. Three of the missions reward you with treasure maps.

To be honest, once you get a couple of Men o'war, then it's pretty easy to go through it all, and it provides a fair bit of income over time.

How do you start those missions? I have a few ships in my fleet and I've no idea what to do with them/how to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

danthefan wrote: »
    How do you start those missions? I have a few ships in my fleet and I've no idea what to do with them/how to use them.

The fleet are accessed in the cabin of the Jackdaw, on the map in the center of the room. Once open, you need to choose which route you want to take. Depending on their colour, they can be safe or dangerous.

Firstly, send one or more of your ships to battle by pressing Triangle. This makes the area safer to travel through. Then press X to pick a mission. You will need to have enough cargo room on your ship for a particular mission but you then start earning money.

I think they should have made a mobile app for it too, allowing people to manage their fleet outside of the game. When the Pirates app was announced, I thought that would be it but alas, no.

Otacon wrote: »
    The fleet are accessed in the cabin of the Jackdaw, on the map in the center of the room. Once open, you need to choose which route you want to take. Depending on their colour, they can be safe or dangerous.

Firstly, send one or more of your ships to battle by pressing Triangle. This makes the area safer to travel through. Then press X to pick a mission. You will need to have enough cargo room on your ship for a particular mission but you then start earning money.

I think they should have made a mobile app for it too, allowing people to manage their fleet outside of the game. When the Pirates app was announced, I thought that would be it but alas, no.

So I go to the map, and it gives me options to manage the fleet (i.e. sell ships for the diamonds and stuff) but that is it. I don't seem to have the option to send ships anywhere or attack anything or whatever. Do I have to reach a certain point in the game maybe?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So I go to the map, and it gives me options to manage the fleet (i.e. sell ships for the diamonds and stuff) but that is it. I don't seem to have the option to send ships anywhere or attack anything or whatever. Do I have to reach a certain point in the game maybe?

You should be able to scroll through the different screens with LB and RB on the Xbox. I think that the different screens are titled "Fleet", "Missions", and "In Progress".

The middle screen is the one you want, "Missions"

You should be able to scroll through the different screens with LB and RB on the Xbox. I think that the different screens are titled "Fleet", "Missions", and "In Progress".

The middle screen is the one you want, "Missions"

I've just tried pressing every button on the controller to no avail, dunno what is going on here.

I've just tried pressing every button on the controller to no avail, dunno what is going on here.

Weird. What sequence are you on?

You can access it through a companion app as well, if you've got a supported tablet.

Weird. What sequence are you on?

You can access it through a companion app as well, if you've got a supported tablet.

I've finished 4 I think, about to start 5. I don't have a tablet, alas.

Maybe you only get the walkthrough of it in sequence four and then full access in five?

Do you have the online icon on your screen during play?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Otacon wrote: »

They did make a mobile app for managing your fleet -
    Assassin’s Creed® IV Companion
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.assassin.blackflag

Works well on my Nexus 4 :)

Not sure if there's an app for Apple devices , I can only assume there is .

Have you got an Android Phone ?

Try the link I posted above :)

• Advertisement

Started into sequence 5 and I have full access now. The game doesn't explain things very well.

Don't mind me :o

Actually turns out to be a decent way to make money, set my ships off on some missions, went to bed, and woke up with about 10k reals.

Just need some Man O'Wars now!

Advertisement