Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Q - bought the game new, don't seem to have a season pass code?

Do I have to buy it or am I over looking something very obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

kaimera wrote: »
    Q - bought the game new, don't seem to have a season pass code?

Do I have to buy it or am I over looking something very obvious

Do you mean season pass or online pass? Season pass is a separate thing that is basically the dlc bought at a discount. You should have a slip inside for a Uplay passport that unlocks multiplayer stuff though.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Do you mean season pass or online pass? Season pass is a separate thing that is basically the dlc bought at a discount. You should have a slip inside for a Uplay passport that unlocks multiplayer stuff though.
    Ah, yea i have the uplay passport.

I figured the season pass was included in new purchases.

Coolies. Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

kaimera wrote: »
    Ah, yea i have the uplay passport.

I figured the season pass was included in new purchases.

Coolies. Thanks for that

Just a note you likely don't have bother entering the code, if i recall they patched out the need for having the uplay pass after some up roar.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post.

Anyone having issues with getting the sharing is caring trophy on ps4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

AGoodison wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the correct thread to post.

Anyone having issues with getting the sharing is caring trophy on ps4?

It is the only single player trophy I have left to get. I have no idea if I have done any of the three required things to get it yet. Is there anywhere I can check this?

Right, big fan of AC series here.

Niggles with BF - controls are different, when did they change the button config? That would be my main gripe atm. Something I will get used to but just frustrating at times!

Looks awesome, and I like the pirate setting. Few days free to play it now

lertsnim wrote: »
    It is the only single player trophy I have left to get. I have no idea if I have done any of the three required things to get it yet. Is there anywhere I can check this?

It's in the statistics somewhere, you will know if they are the right event if it shows as blue on the minimap also. The most recent patch made them even rarer so much so I have not had a single one appear even with friends online at the same time as me, which is supposed to improve the chances.

I actually went actively hunting them to realise it was pointless :(

Still how bad ass is the Mayan outfit!!!!!!!! Just got it yesterday and while it looks great it's bonus is its main strength !!!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    It's in the statistics somewhere, you will know if they are the right event if it shows as blue on the minimap also. The most recent patch made them even rarer so much so I have not had a single one appear even with friends online at the same time as me, which is supposed to improve the chances.

I actually went actively hunting them to realise it was pointless :(

Still how bad ass is the Mayan outfit!!!!!!!! Just got it yesterday and while it looks great it's bonus is its main strength !!!!

I have one Stella left to get yet. Beat one of the legendary ships last night and only need two more upgrades for the jackdaw.

I haven't had a single online event yet either,.

Where are the statistics and leader boards by the way? I couldn't find them at all.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I have one Stella left to get yet. Beat one of the legendary ships last night and only need two more upgrades for the jackdaw.

I haven't had a single online event yet either,.

Where are the statistics and leader boards by the way? I couldn't find them at all.

Hit start then database, stats and leaderboards are there.

If you choose progress tracker you can see where the missing stella is.

I had a look there I definitely remember seeing those stats for the online events but I can't find them now.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hit start then database, stats and leaderboards are there.

If you choose progress tracker you can see where the missing stella is.

I had a look there I definitely remember seeing those stats for the online events but I can't find them now.

I'm pretty sure the Stella is for an area I haven't unlocked yet. Also have 2 treasure maps for areas on the map with nothing on them yet. I'm only on sequence 8 or 9, once I had the ship and underwater wrecks accessible I basically just stopped doing the story missions and started being a pirate :D

The ship and open world is by far the best thing about the game, story missions just seem to be one "tail this person" after another.

I'm pretty sure the Stella is for an area I haven't unlocked yet. Also have 2 treasure maps for areas on the map with nothing on them yet. I'm only on sequence 8 or 9, once I had the ship and underwater wrecks accessible I basically just stopped doing the story missions and started being a pirate :D

The ship and open world is by far the best thing about the game, story missions just seem to be one "tail this person" after another.

I did the same, too many tail and eavesdrop mission for my liking. Think you need to get up to 10-3 for that last stella though that might have been something else.

White whale at 315,815 on the map right now for anyone looking for it

Tell me this, am I missing out buy not logging into uPlay?

Just got my ship...yar planks and plunder etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think you can't do the fleet portion of the game and there's a few free bits and bobs you can get. Nothing that'll miss, really. From the fleet missions you can get a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Anyone know the trade in value for PS4?

The community event is related but does not have to be active. Ubisoft last night confirmed that the social events are fixed and I can confirm this.

humanji wrote: »
    I think you can't do the fleet portion of the game and there's a few free bits and bobs you can get. Nothing that'll miss, really. From the fleet missions you can get a lot of money.

You need to do the fleet stuff to get one of the treasure maps too.

You need to do the fleet stuff to get one of the treasure maps too.

Fleets will get you three treasure maps. One in eastern Britain colonies, one in eastern Canada and one in Barcelona

Only thing you really need to get from the fleet missions is the map to legendary fire barrels needed to fully upgrade the jackdaw, you get those from a mission in Canada place name begins with S sorry can't remember the name :o

In other news many sites are reporting that the social events are working again so I'm going to give those a shot again tonight.

• Advertisement

Convoy at 141,622 6 hours left on it!!!!!
    White Whale at 862,310 also 6 hours left

Convoy at 141,622 6 hours left on it!!!!!
    White Whale at 862,310 also 6 hours left

Why do they keep putting them up in the middle of the day? :(

Why do they keep putting them up in the middle of the day? :(

Chest at 750,629 achievement unlocked :pac:

Don't worry Mick if they have fixed the rate at which these spawn so won't take long to find them

use this http://www.jp.guihard.net/IMG/jpg/map-social-events.jpg

Think you are on my friends list so the ones I got should be on your map before they expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

How do social events work? This is the first I have heard of them.

How do social events work? This is the first I have heard of them.

There are 3 kinds, a chest , white whale (harpooning) and a royal fleet, they are are same as normal ones you come across but with a higher reward, and are random to a point in that they can spawn for a period of time in a set number of places but never every spot at once, there should now be at least one of each active on the map at any given time since the fix. They are blue on the map and you get a message about the location being shared with friends when you spot one.

The really serve no purpose other than money and the achievement, they are like those random fragments from the last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Has anyone else been using the companion app for this game?

I haven't played Black Flag since Tuesday evening but have been flicking through the Kenway's Fleet missions via ipad over the past few days and have really been able to fly through them. The ships in my fleet have earned about €70k so I should be able to beef up the Jackdaw a hell of a lot when I go back to the main game over the weekend.

Yeah. Started using it yesterday to do the Kenway Fleet missions on the iPad. It works incredibly well

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I use it. It's pretty handy. And also cool when you're using it as a second screen while playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

**** I thought it only works when you have the game switched on too!

I've only about 10 grand. Better get cracking.

His do I get more stuff to trade, like tobacco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Keith186 wrote: »
    **** I thought it only works when you have the game switched on too!

I've only about 10 grand. Better get cracking.

His do I get more stuff to trade, like tobacco?

To start off u have to battle ships to win cargo, it builds up pretty quick and supply doesn't become an issue anymore

Advertisement