Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I was up late last night playing this and now i have captured all the forts and cleared all underwater wrecks. Iv all uncharted animus parts and chests got too. 15 of 16 mayan statues found. 18 of 22 buried treasures. Only started into kenway's fleet missions, heard treasure maps are got doing them. I still have yet to start sequence 10. Almost on 40hrs now and i think there is still a location i have yet to unlock. I presume through the story sequences?

I thought i would have this game finished for christmas day as i planned on starting into arkham origins. But still more to go :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Backfire wrote: »
    I was up late last night playing this and now i have captured all the forts and cleared all underwater wrecks. Iv all uncharted animus parts and chests got too. 15 of 16 mayan statues found. 18 of 22 buried treasures. Only started into kenway's fleet missions, heard treasure maps are got doing them. I still have yet to start sequence 10. Almost on 40hrs now and i think there is still a location i have yet to unlock. I presume through the story sequences?

I thought i would have this game finished for christmas day as i planned on starting into arkham origins. But still more to go :)

There's a couple of main mission based locations that don't appear until late int the main story, which includes the last Mayan stele.

Spear wrote: »
    There's a couple of main mission based locations that don't appear until late int the main story, which includes the last Mayan stele.

I know this now :) finished the story, done most things now.

Last 2 things i want to do is upgrade my ship completely and begin taking on the 4 legendary ships. Tried taking on last night and got my ass handed to me.

I have to go around sinking ships for metal so i can upgrade my own. Is this the best way to get metal?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Got this for Christmas and really didn't seeing myself enjoying it as I played Assassins Creed 1 and thought it was the most repetitive piece of tripe I have ever played. This game is actually really entertaining, really love playing as a Pirate. The combat is a bit boring but the ships on the sea are ace! Looking forward to the storyline picking up a bit but really enjoying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 LikeClockwork

Good game but man will Brotherhood ever be topped? It is the creme de la creme of the Assassins Creed series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I know this now :) finished the story, done most things now.

Last 2 things i want to do is upgrade my ship completely and begin taking on the 4 legendary ships. Tried taking on last night and got my ass handed to me.

I have to go around sinking ships for metal so i can upgrade my own. Is this the best way to get metal?

Pretty much. The ships at the south have more metal. The red hunters have pretty much guaranteed metal though so if you blow some stuff up and get to 4 star wanted level where they send the man o wars after you....you will be rolling in metal in no time.

It's a shame that you didn't try beating the legendaries before the story was over. 2 out of the 4 are very easy. The toughest is definitely the 2 man o wars in the top right of the map. Leave them till last.

If you beat all 4 legendaries, you get a battle upgrade that makes it great fun killing ships as you play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Good game but man will Brotherhood ever be topped? It is the creme de la creme of the Assassins Creed series.

Have say, it goes like this for me:

AC2
    Brotherhood
    AC4
    Revelations
    AC1
    AC3

Brotherhood is very close to being number one, but AC2 nicks it purely for being a great example of how to improve a mediocre game (with lots of promise).

Kirby wrote: »
    Pretty much. The ships at the south have more metal. The red hunters have pretty much guaranteed metal though so if you blow some stuff up and get to 4 star wanted level where they send the man o wars after you....you will be rolling in metal in no time.

It's a shame that you didn't try beating the legendaries before the story was over. 2 out of the 4 are very easy. The toughest is definitely the 2 man o wars in the top right of the map. Leave them till last.

If you beat all 4 legendaries, you get a battle upgrade that makes it great fun killing ships as you play.

I tried 3 out of the 4 and got destroyed, the ships can turn and move faster than you, ramming you and taking loads of health from you fast. I actually lasted longer fighting the two man o' wars.

Which two are susposed to be the easier ones? Why is it a shame that i didnt beat these 2 before finishing the story?

So just get wanted and keep destroying the hunter ships yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just cleared it, Wow
    Anne
    singing
    The Parting Glass at the end
    was the finest moment in gaming for me this year.

Take a bow Ubisoft, job well done!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there co op on ps4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Really enjoying this game I wasnt bought over bye it in the shop. but it so much fun pirating :D Honestly its up there with the last of us and gta 5 in my 2013 games list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got the templar armour and did some side missions. Now its packed up ready to swap with another boardsie. Sad to see it go as it is a brilliant game.definitely has me looking way more forward to watch dogs.

So, anything mad happen when You hack all 30 computers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished it last night. Brilliant game, and probably my favourite after ACII. Kenway was an excellent character, and far better then Connor. I wasn't such a big fan of the Abstergo scenes though. As boring as Desmond was, at least he wasn't faceless (even if he was as bland as drywood).

Would love to see a pure pirate game, with a more indepth fleet and pillaging mechanic.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    So, anything mad happen when You hack all 30 computers?
    Nothing at all actually, or at least nothing happened for me. I'd figured Sean and Rebecca would ask me to do something, but nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wish you could pick which shanty the crew sing, I've to cycle it on and off until I get the right one as is.

Not sure how someone would be expected to earn enough money for everything (bar cheating) without the app.
    Is there co op on ps4?

It'#s called the Wolfpack mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Varik wrote: »

Not sure how someone would be expected to earn enough money for everything (bar cheating) without the app.

Fleet missions. I had enough money to buy everything in the game, from weapons, ship upgrades,island upgrades and full upgrades for your house......and I was only on like sequence 7 at the time. If you put a few hours into the fleet stuff, you are basically rolling in it.

I never had any issues with money, it was metal that i had problems with. Not a big issue though, as i just had to fight some man of wars to get what i needed.

As above, the fleet missions bring in a fair amount of money, as well as hunting white whales and selling the skins.

I have 32 of 33 hacked computers but where do i find the last one? I have searched everywhere.
    Or must i hit 100% syncronisation first?

Finally upgraded my ship fully. Now onto the legendary ships.

I have 32 of 33 hacked computers but where do i find the last one? I have searched everywhere.
    Or must i hit 100% syncronisation first?

Finally upgraded my ship fully. Now onto the legendary ships.

If you open up the full map on each floor, you'll be able to see the locations of all the hackable computers. Should be easy to find there.

Did you get the secretary's one upstairs, she's at it most of the time so you can't usually.

Did you get the secretary's one upstairs, she's at it most of the time so you can't usually.

I actually hacked 2 or 3 computers while people were sitting there. Think i maybe missed when i was supposed to hack them, but they were still available after their users came back to their desks.

Don't mind me...i'm just breaching network security with this odd minigame thing...

• Advertisement

Yeah i got that one and yes i checked all the maps. No symbol is left.

Is it possible that a computer that is yet to be hacked to not show up on the map?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just turned this on and see that Ubisoft have done a Javik. Is that Adewale DLC any good? The trailer looked interesting.

Downloaded the free Aveline DLC. Is that completely separate from the main game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

J. Marston wrote: »
    Just turned this on and see that Ubisoft have done a Javik. Is that Adewale DLC any good? The trailer looked interesting.

Downloaded the free Aveline DLC. Is that completely separate from the main game?

Yeah it's completely separate and self contained. It's not even in the same time period.

J. Marston wrote: »

Not really as the time since launch and the nature of the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not really as the time since launch and the nature of the DLC.

I only started it today, actually slipped my mind that it's been out for well over a month :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

The season pass has been reduced price on xbox36o if anyone was thinking of getting it, a fiver of now 14.99: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/Assassins-Creed-IV-Season-Pass/4e2a9abc-2e47-4b5d-b949-ee562f8f0155?cid=search

Very good value as the Freedom Cry DLC alone is a tenner....and the season pass has lots of good stuuff :-)

jenjenten wrote: »
    The season pass has been reduced price on xbox36o if anyone was thinking of getting it, a fiver of now 14.99: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/Assassins-Creed-IV-Season-Pass/4e2a9abc-2e47-4b5d-b949-ee562f8f0155?cid=search

Very good value as the Freedom Cry DLC alone is a tenner....and the season pass has lots of good stuuff :-)

Only seen mention of the 1 single player DLC, an extra 5 for just MP stuff is not really appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Put 50 hours into the game, it's an excellent game and a very worthy addition to the franchise. Sank all the Legendary ships, done all the forts, got the masks, contracts done and all that good stuff.

I'd still rate AC2 above it however.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Just heard this joke from the Young Ones being used as dialogue between two NPCs. Got a nice little chuckle out of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Picked this up as I got a voucher for xmas. I'm really not a fan of Assassins creed, none of the previous games have held my attention for more than a few hours, but I have to say it's a cracking game.

I just wish Ubi would have gone ahead and made it a new franchise instead of having AC clinging to it. Would be game of the year for me if they went all the way into making it a full fledged open world piracy sandbox.

Advertisement