Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found a Safe.

Options

Comments

Somebody thought it worthwhile to double lock away those jars in a safe.... Why? Are we all missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

the previous owners sperm bank!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Should this thread be closed now or will we leave it ajar?

Ah jaysus.

I'm vexed now!! Epic troll though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

So....

Do we start making memes now, or is it too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Why put jars in a safe in a safe,

Hmmmm

"Anthrax" anybody?

Or SARS maybe? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe_Acute_Respiratory_Syndrome

Amoy green curry sauce jar in box:

Amoy's former factory ground sold in the 70's and since turned into Amoy Gardens apartment complex. https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDcQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FAmoy_Food&ei=pS0qUYKbPI23hAfl54HoCw&usg=AFQjCNF9_9GDr4zCsJl-Wa5un0poZcadYA

Amoy Gardens most seriously affected location during the 2003 SARS outbreak http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amoy_Gardens
    In the mid-2003, the authority concern found that there were serious problems of water pipes which may have contributed to the spread of SARS.

Safe
    +
    Old rusty watery looking Amoy curry sauce jar

= Profit SARS :confused:

(I wouldn't go opening those jars op!:P)

Anyone know what year Tiger Tiger foods began operating? It doesn't say on their website. Or does anyone know what year Amoy used that style of packaging for their green curry? Might help to date the items
    - apologies if dating of the safe has already been done and I've just missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭SunDog

Been a disappointing day all round. Troll safe 1-0 Boardses
    Scot 12-8 Ire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I'm a bit suspicious now...how the fcuk did the money box fit in the safe in the first place?

It seems waaay too big

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4853/imagepqwz.jpg

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/503/imagejozy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Lock up this thread and throw away the key!The best way to end a great story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

OU812 wrote: »
    I would have hired a locksmith.

And you, sir, would have paid €350 for two second hand jars and a manky plastic bag.

You also would have avoided giving 300 plus peeps a cracking good thread. FOR SHAME!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Lock up this thread and throw away the key!The best way to end a great story.
    who knows it might be found in another 50 years.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

MrPain wrote: »
    Is there an expiry date on the jars?

+1 to this. It could give us an idea of whether it was the previous owner or the previous previous owner who trolled us!

Remember when we didn't know what was in the safe and we were excited for OP to get into it and find out? I miss those few days!

Again, great thread and congrats for sticking to your guns and getting the safe open and creating a great amount of excitement and community on the site. Boardsie of the year contender I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

This Is The End...

The End

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

the local is open so lets go for a few jars and get locked, and get a curry on the way home. Will you mind my keys for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Great read! Sorry there wasn't more in the safe for you OP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

epic end! cheers for taking time to post this even when times got tough! thanks OP...

the ending just goes to show...its not always about the destination...sometimes its about the journey.

goodday everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

I think this guy sums up this thread quite eloquently.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Im gona miss this thread, most exciting week ever ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Phew. I think I need a few jars after this thread.

Op, little help.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭rpurfield

is it too soon??

Amoy's former factory ground sold in the 70's

Very suspicious. We didnt have curry in Ireland in the 70's. It was foreign food like spaghetti and stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Also, why the **** would they put that useless junk in a ****ing safe?? To troll??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Very suspicious. We didnt have curry in Ireland in the 70's. It was foreign food like spaghetti and stuff.

That's why they stored the evidence of their shameful curry eating habits in a safe. They'd probably have been run from their home if the neighours knew they were partaking in such dark activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Stupid auld fecking safe anyay.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

Anyone else feel exhausted?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yakult wrote: »
    Also, why the **** would they put that useless junk in a ****ing safe?? To troll??
    I would say he stored cash in the jars and when he removed the cash just left them back in the safe for the next time he needed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

You are cordially invited to attend

The Grand Safe Opening One Year Anniversary Dinner

on the Weekend of 22nd February 2014

Events will include a
    "Guess Whats in the safe this time" competition
    A raffle for a jam jar replica
    A slide show presentation by Son0vagun
    & a guest appearances by Haircut Boy and Missus Safe

Please book early to avoid disappointment

RSVP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I would say he stored cash in the jars and when he removed the cash just left them back in the safe for the next time he needed them.

But why put them in a locked metal moneybox, and then put the money box containing no money in to a secure safe cemented into the ground?
    If he was waiting for the next time he needed them for cash, would he not have just left the empty jars in the money box unlocked?

Also why the need for 2 safes just for some cash in a jar? Would the locked metal money box not have been enough on it's own, or could the jars full of money not have been placed into the safe on their own instead of into a money box first? I mean obviously anybody who could get into the safe wouldn't have much bother getting the little money box open, so I'd like to know why the need for both boxes at all?! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I wonder are the jars made of safety glass?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement