Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 - Enigma2 Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

NUTZZ wrote: »
    There isn't really anything similar on Spark to TSMedia, the built in SuperIPTV will be close to it for sport, but it will be (is) subscription based.

For Web TV, you can try loading on the following file;

Web TV

Just unzip and place folder on a USB, go to Web TV on the box and press the folder button on the remote to load the xml file. I'm sure some of channels don't work on it anymore as it's quite old but it gives you an idea.

Thanks for that. I will give it a shot later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

42 10 B3 wrote: »
    These are updaters? where do you get the Bouquet from?

See the picon one here and the updater but the bouquet one is just the updater like yours? But it's an ipk? Different sites say to put in different places.

Ah it's a mystery this stuff.

I have extracted the relevant files from the ipk as you cant install the ipk on these boxes.
    You have to ftp the extracted files across to install them.

The plugins download the bouquets and picons from the internet when you run them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭championc

Hi all

Here's a link to my complete OpenAR-P based Image

https://app.box.com/s/0qzem9zfnbdr1j94fzin

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, 1channel, Icefilms, Various Skins, all Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam (blank - no line), SDA1 mounted as HDD, both OpenWebIf and WebInterface (decide yourself which one you want to use), Streaming, SambaServer and RTEPlayer.

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Please use the main thread for asking any questions or seeking assistance.

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Talisman

championc wrote: »
    Hi all

AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, 1channel, Icefilms, Various Skins, all Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam (blank - no line), SDA1 mounted as HDD, both OpenWebIf and WebInterface (decide yourself which one you want to use), Streaming, SambaServer and RTEPlayer.

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Please use the main thread for asking any questions or seeking assistance.

The user hosting this is out of bandwidth! :D:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Talisman wrote: »
    The user hosting this is out of bandwidth! :D:(

Pm'd

• Advertisement

Hi all

FTP Login username root, password pkteam

Oscam Web Gui - http://box_ip:8888 username root password oscam

Here's a link to my complete Hyperion-2 based Image

https://app.box.com/s/a7z674n3l1skndqjg9yx

AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, 1channel, Icefilms, Various Skins, all Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam (blank - no line), SDA1 mounted as HDD, OpenWebIf, Streaming channels separate from one being watched - yipee, SambaServer, PermanentTimeShift and IPTV Updater v1.1.

FTP Login username root, password blank

Oscam Web Gui - http://box_ip:8888 username root password oscam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

Please post problems in the other thread, they've said this one is just for the download links, keeps it tidy.

This image was built at 1080p. If you want to use 720p, do the following on the remote after the receiver has fully booted:-
    Press Menu, Up, Up, Up, Ok, Ok, Ok, Down, Right, Green

For Scart
    Press Menu, Up, Up, Up, Ok, Ok, Ok, Left, Green

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Spark firmware 1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade released in 2012 made switching from booting an Alien2 between Enigma2 and Spark more reliable. Your Alien2 may or may not have come with this firmware already installed. For anyone having a problem with their Alien2 getting stuck on boot or getting into a boot loop when trying to boot into Enigma2 it's a good idea to try installing that firmware.

You can't download it anymore from the Spark Upgrade Menu because in summer 2013 Spark disabled downloading older firmware due a problem they had with the Spark Weather App. However you can download the 1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade firmware from this site and then install it from a USB Key.

USB Upgrade Instructions

1. Unzip the download and place the folder in the root of a USB flash drive.
    2. Plug into the rear of Alien2.
    3. Go to MENU > SYSTEM > UPGRADE > UPGRADE FROM USB
    4. Leave upgrade type as “App”
    5. Arrow down to folder and press OK
    6. Navigate to the folder where the upgrade is, select the version.xml, press OK
    7. Press red key to start the upgrade

Once you have done that then you can upgrade via Spark online to the latest Spark firmware and try once more to install an enigma2 image using either a USB Key or using the E2 Upgrade plugin from within Spark.

Flex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

I'm running a HDMU image. Managed to install my HDD and recording fine. However my Cross EPG and Cool TV Guide are not saving the updates.
    Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

I'm running a HDMU image. Managed to install my HDD and recording fine. However my Cross EPG and Cool TV Guide are not saving the updates.
    Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be?

I would recommend downloading Hyperion image above. very stable & pretty much takes all the work out of it. Also not sure if the HDMU has the fix for the judder issue on Sky sports. If U do install the Hyperion image, there's a simple update to do to fix the judder issue. The instructions are on the other alien forum which is a better forum for looking for solutions, this forum is more for links for downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thegreek

Folks, I am not sure if this should be a whole new thread but I know some of you are experts (you know who you are) anyways here is the issue.
    I changed to eircom efibre and now I cant connect to the amiko with my ipad. I could before and the web interface still works fine with a hard line to the pc.
    Therefore it has to be a wireless setting.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

thegreek wrote: »
    Folks, I am not sure if this should be a whole new thread but I know some of you are experts (you know who you are) anyways here is the issue.
    I changed to eircom efibre and now I cant connect to the amiko with my ipad. I could before and the web interface still works fine with a hard line to the pc.
    Therefore it has to be a wireless setting.

Any ideas?

different ip address maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

This is the firmware thread, post problems in the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thegreek

smee again wrote: »
    This is the firmware thread, post problems in the other thread.

Apologies. I thought I was posting in the other thread. And even then I think it is probably a question for the tech network forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hibernian56

Unbelievable. I have wasted a good few hours now and effectively bricked my box due to a stupid error on HDMU's part.

I was trying to install a few plugins, with countless "OPKG" related erros with the unbelievably cryptic and unhelpful suggestion that I should consider an "OPKG update".

Their opkg.cfg file is obviously pointing to a dead / outdated server, unfortunately I didn't cop this until I had done a factory reset and had thus wiped everything, so I am now sitting here very annoyed and wondering whether I just use a different image or go back to Spark.

I intend to buy a triple tuner before christmas, and give my 8900 to a friend, but honestly I wouldn't inflict this HDMU bizarreness on anyone.

Has anyone got a few .ipk's of all of the useful plug ins until this fiasco is sorted by the guru's.

Thanks

Hi all

Here's a link to my Champions Dec 2013 AR-P based Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CacheFlush, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v6.4.0, 1channel, IPTV Updater v1.1, Various Skins, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam (blank with sample line), SDA1 mounted as HDD, TSMedia v3.3, PermanentTimeShift, OpenWebIf and Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel. Sorry but I just could not get SambaServer to work :( You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password Blank
    OSCam - http://box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    OpenWebIf - http://box_ip:50080 - change it in Plugins > OpenWebIf

Here's the link but Download the FOLDER, not the files
    https://app.box.com/s/c7495z9bg2px5x32hxxe
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m2dszrskdyh4pah/AiGshUnOZa

Included in the download folder is plugin_e2upgrade.s This is a SPARK file and if FTP'd to /root/plugin/var/bin/ when in Spark, it will allow you to take Backups of E2 images too rather than just allowing for Upgrading / Overwriting of the current E2 Image. I believe the Spark default Username and Password is root / root

Please use the main thread for asking any questions or seeking assistance.

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below

• Registered Users Posts: 13 shadow007

givecredit wrote: »
    First you will need to update satellite.xml so you will have access to all satellites, assuming you are using HDMU image. The xml i posted here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056707402&page=37

Post 551 has all satellites you need. When you have this done, in satellite config, go to advanced and you will find all your required satellites there. HDMU image works perfectly in mode version 1.1. I have 39e, 28e, 23.5, 19e, 16e, 13e and 9e working fine on HDMU image.
    For each tuner the satellite at input 1 on your Diseqc will be lnb 1, Sat at input 2 will be lnb 2 and so on....

I have a problem setting up motorised satellites with disc 1.2 in Amiko 8900 in enigma. In spark I have no problem with setting up satellites using disc 1.2 but usals doesnt work even tho I have 100% in signal strength and quality. In enigma2 I set up first 19.2 e using disc1.2 and stored it. But when I went into setup in enigma2 and set up 28.2e I couldnt find it. The manual scan table kept reverting back to 19e coordinates even tho I saved the new manual scan. Is there a post showing how to set up satellites using disc 1.2. Is the amiko8900 a real usals box as it is not stamped on box nor is any reference made to it in user manual. Thanks. shadow007

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DJ2005

Hi all - Having a problem with my amiko alien 2 STB. Switched it on tonight (Enigma 2) and after getting the Hyperion logo, it is going straight to a green screen and I am getting the following errror note: 10error:[Errno28] No space left on device:'/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MultiQuick Button/keymap.xml'

Can anyone help me gte it back working again?
    Thanks
    in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

DJ2005 wrote: »
    Hi all - Having a problem with my amiko alien 2 STB. Switched it on tonight (Enigma 2) and after getting the Hyperion logo, it is going straight to a green screen and I am getting the following errror note: 10error:[Errno28] No space left on device:'/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MultiQuick Button/keymap.xml'

Can anyone help me gte it back working again?
    Thanks
    in advance
    I'd just reflashed the image. That should sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

championc wrote: »
    Hi all

Here's a link to my Champions Dec 2013 AR-P based Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CacheFlush, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v6.4.0, 1channel, IPTV Updater v1.1, Various Skins, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam (blank with sample line), SDA1 mounted as HDD, TSMedia v3.3, PermanentTimeShift, OpenWebIf and Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel. Sorry but I just could not get SambaServer to work :( You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p

OpenWebIf - http://box_ip:50080 - change it in Plugins > OpenWebIf

Here's the link but Download the FOLDER, not the files
    https://app.box.com/s/c7495z9bg2px5x32hxxe
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m2dszrskdyh4pah/AiGshUnOZa

Included in the download folder is plugin_e2upgrade.s This is a SPARK file and if FTP'd to /root/plugin/var/bin/ when in Spark, it will allow you to take Backups of E2 images too rather than just allowing for Upgrading / Overwriting of the current E2 Image. I believe the Spark default Username and Password is root / root

Trying to reflash as I ran out of storage which is causing the device to green screen when I boot Hyperion - when I select plugin_e2upgrade.s in spark the screen flashes and the plugin fails to start and still displays a red light? any ideas,

thanks

Happy New Year to you all

Here's a link to my Champions 22Dec2013 AR-P based Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is HD Judder Fixed and is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v6.4.0, Various Skins, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam v9127 (with blank sample Reader cline), SDA1 already mounted as HDD, PermanentTimeShift (Turned Off), OpenWebIf AND WebInterface (Take your Pick), Samba Server, Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel. You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Use the Download menu in Plugins or just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins. CoolTVGuide is linked to the EPG button.

Added also is an SD Streaming Bouquet in addition to the standard bouquets created by AutoBouquets.

With HDMI-CEC (already activated), you can control the box from your TV Remote.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial is scanned to Irish Saorview - Three Rock Transmitter

WebInterface - http://box_ip (Default Port 80) - change it in Plugins and turn On OpenWebIf if you prefer it to WebInterface (or use both but make sure the port numbers are not the same)

Here's the link
    http://goo.gl/2DuVm0

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

Zardoz wrote: »
    Here are two good plugins for the Alien 2/Triplex.

Rat's Bouquets allows you to download regularly updated bouquets for 28e off a server and load them onto your box, n.b. it overwrites the existing bouquets .
    I prefer this plugin to Autobouquets as it groups the +1 channels with the parent channels and the channel order is alot better.
    Give it a go.

Rat's Bouquets Plugin

The second plugin is Rat's Picon Plugin
    This will locate the picon folder on your receiver and update them to the newest set for 28e,it wont overwrite plugins for other satellites.

Rat's Picons Plugin

Just extract both zip files and ftp to the corresponding folder on your receiver.

All credit goes to Rat on http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk[/QUOTE]

Hello. Trying to help a friend out. Can you please tell me the location to place the picon files on an Amiko Alien 2 triple.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

/usr/local/share/enigma2/picon

Is the picon folder

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

Thanks for that mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sphinx's

dubguy45 wrote: »
    Zardoz wrote: »
    Here are two good plugins for the Alien 2/Triplex.

Rat's Bouquets allows you to download regularly updated bouquets for 28e off a server and load them onto your box, n.b. it overwrites the existing bouquets .
    I prefer this plugin to Autobouquets as it groups the +1 channels with the parent channels and the channel order is alot better.
    Give it a go.

Rat's Bouquets Plugin

The second plugin is Rat's Picon Plugin
    This will locate the picon folder on your receiver and update them to the newest set for 28e,it wont overwrite plugins for other satellites.

Rat's Picons Plugin

Just extract both zip files and ftp to the corresponding folder on your receiver.

All credit goes to Rat on http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk[/QUOTE]

Hello. Trying to help a friend out. Can you please tell me the location to place the picon files on an Amiko Alien 2 triple.
    Thanks

Can the Rat's Bouquet plugin be modified to update to Irish Channel lists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Sphinx's wrote: »
    Can the Rat's Bouquet plugin be modified to update to Irish Channel lists?
    I asked the developer to add the saorview picons to the picons plug in but he wouldn't so I'd say there's no chance of him adding this feature either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sphinx's

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    I asked the developer to add the saorview picons to the picons plug in but he wouldn't so I'd say there's no chance of him adding this feature either.

Fair enough, it would have been handy to have and easy to implement!

If I get time I might look into it myself.

I added the Irish ones to my Image. However, I don't know if they then work for anywhere in the country of whether they are just tagged onto Three Rock.

As for my Image - EDIT: Dropbox Image now updated

All Satellites now added for Tuner Scanning
    SlyHDmod Skin added
    Audio Settings to fix the sound for MTV channels

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

There's 3 images in that folder. Do these new changes apply to all these images?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement