Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 - Enigma2 Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sphinx's

hallo dare wrote: »
    There's 3 images in that folder. Do these new changes apply to all these images?

You require the two files e2jffs2.img and uImage to upgrade the Enigma2 image the e2upgrade.plugin is a Spark plugin used for software updating the Enigma2 image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Has this Image any trouble recognising HDD's?

Im using a HDMU image that I have since last may, its working fine but I occasionally get the pink screen after a permanent channel freeze. I remember some older images I had trouble getting the HDD mounted.
    championc wrote: »
    Happy New Year to you all

Here's a link to my Champions 22Dec2013 AR-P based Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is HD Judder Fixed and is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v6.4.0, Various Skins, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam v9127 (with blank sample Reader cline), SDA1 already mounted as HDD, PermanentTimeShift (Turned Off), OpenWebIf AND WebInterface (Take your Pick), Samba Server, Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel. You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Use the Download menu in Plugins or just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins. CoolTVGuide is linked to the EPG button.

Added also is an SD Streaming Bouquet in addition to the standard bouquets created by AutoBouquets.

With HDMI-CEC (already activated), you can control the box from your TV Remote.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial is scanned to Irish Saorview - Three Rock Transmitter

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password Blank
    OSCam - http://box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    WebInterface - http://box_ip (Default Port 80) - change it in Plugins and turn On OpenWebIf if you prefer it to WebInterface (or use both but make sure the port numbers are not the same)

Here's the link
    http://goo.gl/2DuVm0

Please use the main thread for asking any questions or seeking assistance.

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below

• Registered Users Posts: 10 frank149

Hi,

Managed to finally load this - Champions 22Dec2013 AR-P based Image on
    my Amiko Alien Last night, all working fine except - Cannot connect to WIFI and No Saoirview Channels.
    Totally new to this so i probably did something wrong.
    Satellite Channels all there and working ,Do i need to Rescan saorview.

Can this be done Terrestrial only or a complete rescan of all tuners.
    Also on wifi ,it picks up my modem (SKY BROADBAND) but cannot see anyplace to enter password.

All of this is probably an error with the Human (me) Not the Alien (stb)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Here it is, a link to my Jan 2014 Hyperion V3 Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    1channel (new version) , AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBouquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CacheFlush, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v7.0, IPTV Updater v1.1, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam (blank - no line ), TSMedia v4.9 beta2, PermanentTimeShift, OpenWebIf and Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel and SambaServer.

Also includes SkyHD bootlogo and skin

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password "pkteam"
    OpenWebIf - http://box_ip:00080 - change it in Plugins > OpenWebIf

Download

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Here it is, a link to my Jan 2014 Hyperion V3 Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

1channel (new version) , AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBouquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CacheFlush, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v7.0, IPTV Updater v1.1, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam (blank - no line ), TSMedia v4.9 beta2, PermanentTimeShift, OpenWebIf and Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel and SambaServer.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p

Download

Enjoy!

is it just 1channel that you changed since your December image?

• Advertisement

Download

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I took that down because I wasn't sure if streaming was working in, I can confirm its definitely working in this one. I also added the latest 1channel, autobouquets, cooltvguide and tsmedia into this one.

1channel,autobouquets and cooltvguide all work well, tsmedia is working, but not great as there is lots of dead links but they have fixed the gstreamer plugin issue in this release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Hi Guys, I am a newbie to the Amiko Alien 2.
    Enigma 2 is installed in my secondhand Triple Tuner box and I cannot scan in Clermont Carn Saorview channels with whatever type of Enigma 2 image the previous owner installed.
    I honestly haven't much of a clue how to install another image that makes every feature and function work perfectly in the Amiko.
    Can somebody please teach me or help me learn how to install a new image and get Saorview and UK terrestrial stations from my aerials working please?
    An easy beginners guide perhaps as I have wasted many hours already with no results other than updating whatever features which were already installed in the box and success with the UK FTA sat channels and different EPGs and channel guides.
    I would be very or most grateful for a crutch/helping hand please as the box has been a right pain so far.
    I will search for my TDK USB stick.
    Thanks Guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭championc

FREETV wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I am a newbie to the Amiko Alien 2.
    Enigma 2 is installed in my secondhand Triple Tuner box and I cannot scan in Clermont Carn Saorview channels with whatever type of Enigma 2 image the previous owner installed.
    I honestly haven't much of a clue how to install another image that makes every feature and function work perfectly in the Amiko.
    Can somebody please teach me or help me learn how to install a new image and get Saorview and UK terrestrial stations from my aerials working please?
    An easy beginners guide perhaps as I have wasted many hours already with no results other than updating whatever features which were already installed in the box and success with the UK FTA sat channels and different EPGs and channel guides.
    I would be very or most grateful for a crutch/helping hand please as the box has been a right pain so far.
    I will search for my TDK USB stick.
    Thanks Guys.

Look at Post #1 of this thread. Everyone else uses it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 frankh100

cant get into the oscam via ftp keep getting access forbidden, also openweb not working on scrambled channels please nelshelp it looks a great image

• Advertisement

Download

Enjoy!
    Anyone else having the problem with the SkyHD logo taking over every channel, with just the audio of the channel playing?

This is honestly the best, and easiset to configure Image I have used, but this issue is driving me nuts. I have to reflash the box every few days. I have no idea whats causing it.

Anybody have a solution?

TheChevron wrote: »
    Anyone else having the problem with the SkyHD logo taking over every channel, with just the audio of the channel playing?

This is honestly the best, and easiset to configure Image I have used, but this issue is driving me nuts. I have to reflash the box every few days. I have no idea whats causing it.

Anybody have a solution?

Only happened me once, a reflash sorted it, but you've obviously done that several times. Have you tried a different boot logo to see if it makes a difference?

Just on thetechguys image, anyone able to record one channel while watching another? I can on every other images except this one. My tuner settings are,

A.... Saorview
    B.... Advanced
    C.... Equal to B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 frankh100

i cant watch one and record another also im unable to connect to the box using the ip:8888 how can you
    load nlines? other than that it looks a good image.

Only happened me once, a reflash sorted it, but you've obviously done that several times. Have you tried a different boot logo to see if it makes a difference?

Can you explain to me how to change the boot logo?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

all illegal content here is being removed

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm picking up one of these boxes this afternoon, the twin tuner one. What is the recommended update path from Spark to Jan 2014 Hyperion V3 Image from thetechguy above?

Is it just to follow post 2, then from within enigma install a new image?

I've a gigablue at home with openvix, but I wasn't quite sure about this.

Thanks

Anyone get the record one watch a different channel working on thetechguysimage? I cannot get it to work like other images.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Just got the SAB triple tuner version of the Amiko Alien box, it came with the AR-P based image already installed, I'm familiar with images for the dm800 but not this one, I want to use a USB memory stick to save crossepg data to but cant find where /how to mount it,..any ideas?
    championc wrote: »
    Happy New Year to you all

Here's a link to my Champions 22Dec2013 AR-P based Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is HD Judder Fixed and is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v6.4.0, Various Skins, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam v9127 (with blank sample Reader cline), SDA1 already mounted as HDD, PermanentTimeShift (Turned Off), OpenWebIf AND WebInterface (Take your Pick), Samba Server, Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel. You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Use the Download menu in Plugins or just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins. CoolTVGuide is linked to the EPG button.

Added also is an SD Streaming Bouquet in addition to the standard bouquets created by AutoBouquets.

With HDMI-CEC (already activated), you can control the box from your TV Remote.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial is scanned to Irish Saorview - Three Rock Transmitter

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password Blank
    WebInterface - http://box_ip (Default Port 80) - change it in Plugins and turn On OpenWebIf if you prefer it to WebInterface (or use both but make sure the port numbers are not the same)

Here's the link
    http://goo.gl/2DuVm0

Please use the main thread for asking any questions or seeking assistance.

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below

lensman wrote: »
    Just got the SAB triple tuner version of the Amiko Alien box, it came with the AR-P based image already installed, I'm familiar with images for the dm800 but not this one, I want to use a USB memory stick to save crossepg data to but cant find where /how to mount it,..any ideas?

Did you look in plugins for HDD mount manager?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Crossepg is normally listed as a separate item in setup menu. You should be able to configure it from there.

@hallo dare
    Box has 3 pages of plugins but no HDD manager! I installed one but still not seeing USB stick.
    @Gerry Wicklow
    I'm familiar with CrossEpg setup but it's not seeing stick either.
    Stick works on my laptop fine

I've used lots of images with the dm800 over the yrs but never seen one that didn't have an embedded device manager :confused:

@hallo dare
    Box has 3 pages of plugins but no HDD manager! I installed one but still not seeing USB stick.
    @Gerry Wicklow
    I'm familiar with CrossEpg setup but it's not seeing stick either.
    Stick works on my laptop fine

I've used lots of images with the dm800 over the yrs but never seen one that didn't have an embedded device manager :confused:

Was there an option to download plugins?

Was there an option to download plugins?
    Yeah & I downloaded/instslled HDD Mount Manager & rebooted, configured it to "auto mount on restart" setting to yes & restarted but no luck, plinug
    does'nt have option for real time HDD setup/config just the option above.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Yeah & I downloaded/instslled HDD Mount Manager & rebooted, configured it to "auto mount on restart" setting to yes & restarted but no luck, plinug
    does'nt have option for real time HDD setup/config just the option above.

Have u formatted the usb memory stick to linux ext3?
    This box only works with ext3.

Have u formatted the usb memory stick to linux ext3?
    This box only works with ext3.
    Yeah, I used the same stick in the dreambox for epg data, anyway I finally managed to get the SAB to recognize/initialize the USB stick but CrossEPG doesn't see it now, I'm a tenacious bastard so it wont beat me, :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Yeah, I used the same stick in the dreambox for epg data, anyway I finally managed to get the SAB to recognize/initialize the USB stick but CrossEPG doesn't see it now, I'm a tenacious bastard so it wont beat me, :mad:

I had the same issue and asked in the other forum about it ,

Was told to plug in the stick /hd , power off and on the box and she was grand .

I know if you try to load the EPG onto the box with out an USB Stick / HD present, it can corrupt the box memory , and you need to re flash the E2 image

Im speaking from experience on that one :o

I had the same issue and asked in the other forum about it ,

Was told to plug in the stick /hd , power off and on the box and she was grand .

I know if you try to load the EPG onto the box with out an USB Stick / HD present, it can corrupt the box memory , and you need to re flash the E2 image

Im speaking from experience on that one :o
    I tried restarting the box but nothing changed, do you mean actually power off/on at rear?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I tried restarting the box but nothing changed, do you mean actually power off/on at rear?

Yep ,

Power off switch at the rear ,

It may not be compatible with the box , I know Spark boxes are supposed to be very picky although all my sticks have worked on it ,

Boot into Spark and see if you can read/write anything to/from it , that should tell you if its working with the box .

• Advertisement

Powered off/on but stick still not see in CrossEPG setup,:confused: the box see's it & will initialize it no problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement