Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woman = beautiful + strong?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Not every man agrees.

I don't anyone said that at any point, speaking of the majority here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

So you think the majority would disagree with you?......

Judging by this thread I think so but I think a significant minority disagree with you which obviously goes against your assertion that all or almost all men find Katie masculine. Some do, you and others here, and some don't. Pretty much the same as everything in life.
    Pretty sure table top Joe already referenced you as being the only guy on this thread to hold those views...anyway judging by the nature of your previous posts you seem to run in weightlifting circles so it's not exactly surprising the people you associate with find muscular women attractive

I don't run at all if I can help it :pac:.

Like I've said I don't think the women posted here are muscular. Very lean, athletic, toned yes but not muscular. So no, I don't find muscular women attractive and I don't think the people I associate with would either. The issue is the definition of muscular or masculine which is obviously different to different people. Which I think is fine tbh and I don't see why everyone should have to agree with your own or Joe's idea of muscularity or masculinity in women.

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    I don't anyone said that at any point, speaking of the majority here

It was said that pretty much all, if not all men, think one particular way. I wanted to emphasise that it definitely wasn't all.

I accept the majority here seem to disagree with me. It was stated that 'all' men found Katie and similar women masculine, then 'almost all' now it's just a majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Judging by this thread I think so but I think a significant minority disagree with you which obviously goes against your assertion that all or almost all men find Katie masculine. Some do, you and others here, and some don't. Pretty much the same as everything in life.

I made that assertion in regard to this thread,i was pretty sure a man had disagreed but couldnt remember for certain,turns out a man did....you!

You have just said your probably in the minority,im agreeing with you

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

It was said that pretty much all, if not all men, think one particular way. I wanted to emphasise that it definitely wasn't all.

I accept the majority here seem to disagree with me. It was stated that 'all' men found Katie and similar women masculine, then 'almost all' now it's just a majority.
    What? Everyone conceded that there would of course be a small minority of men who would prefer the muscular look on women

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

What? Everyone conceded that there would of course be a small minority of men who would prefer the muscular look on women
    In this thread. Not in general. Try posting this in the fitness forum and see the response you'd get - I assure you it would fall the other side of the coin.

Oh and there IS actually a world outside the internet. Do you speak for 'the majority' of them too?

TheBellJar wrote: »
    In this thread. Not in general. Try posting this in the fitness forum and see the response you'd get - I assure you it would fall the other side of the coin.

Oh and there IS actually a world outside the internet. Do you speak for 'the majority' of them too?
    Fitness forum? Because they wouldn't be biased at all...how about we ask the gentleman's lounge? Surely that'd give a much broader demographic to ask from eh?

Fitness forum? Because they wouldn't be biased at all...how about we ask the gentleman's lounge? Surely that'd give a much broader demographic to ask from eh?
    You appear to have completely missed the point.

Right, I concede 'all' might not not have been used, I thought I read it said somewhere but can't find it now.

I never made the point that any amount of men like muscular women.

Again for those at the back. I've no problem with individuals' ideas of attractive or muscular. I do not agree with the generalised idea of muscular women.

You appear to have completely missed the point.
    Well what is your point then? You're saying I don't speak for everyone (I know I don't, and I said I don't. Several times.) and so rather than asking a large group of men with a broad range of tastes and preferences (as could most easily be found in TGC) you instead suggest posing the question to the fitness forum. Why? What possible advantage would that give in terms of establishing what the (actual) consensus is regarding this subject? None whatsoever. Other than the fact that you'd probably find a couple more people than you'd usually find in other forums that would go along with this quite frankly astounding self delusion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭ashers222

I'd be interested to hear the opinion of the male members of TGC, just out of curiosity. One of you men there, go and ask :D

I'm too scared to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Would be surprised if it was allowed in the TGC......would have to go to AH id imagine

Id rather not start that,i think ive had enough!

yeah probably not a good idea

I think it's for the greater good that I stop replying, there's way too much small mindedness in this thread for my low levels of tolerance.

As you were :)

I think it's for the greater good that I stop replying, there's way too much small mindedness in this thread for my low levels of tolerance.

Good, as you're just picking fights based on imagined slights

Good, as you're just picking fights based on imagined slights
    Hilarious.

I think you'll see I hadn't engaged with you at all in this thread - for good reason.

Hilarious.

I think you'll see I hadn't engaged with you at all in this thread - for good reason.

Because you're incapable of reasoned debate?

Because you're incapable of reasoned debate?

Hahaha! Really? Have you read your own posts?

Oh dear..

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Less bickering, more on-topic posts, or this thread is getting locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

ashers222 wrote: »
    I'd be interested to hear the opinion of the male members of TGC, just out of curiosity. One of you men there, go and ask :D

I'm too scared to do it

There's an equivalent thread to the 'Who makes you drool' thread that's on this forum over in TGC here that's nearly 2000 posts long.
    Seems as reasonable a way as any to gauge the male members of TGCs taste in female bodies I guess. Seems to be a reasonable amount of variation in tastes but I think it's fair to say that 'larger muscled' ladies are not a popular theme at all.

• Advertisement

strobe wrote: »
    There's an equivalent thread to the 'Who makes you drool' thread that's on this forum over in TGC here that's nearly 2000 posts long.
    Seems as reasonable a way as any to gauge the male members of TGCs taste in female bodies I guess. Seems to be a reasonable amount of variation in tastes but I think it's fair to say that 'larger muscled' ladies are not a recurring theme at all.

Nor will you find muscular female physiques in lads mags or Playboy as they pander to majority tastes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Nor will you find muscular female physiques in lads mags or Playboy as they pander to majority tastes

Do they cater to them or do they influence them, though, is the question there.

strobe wrote: »
    Seems as reasonable a way as any to gauge the male members of TGCs taste in female bodies I guess. Seems to be a reasonable amount of variation in tastes but I think it's fair to say that 'larger muscled' ladies are not a popular theme at all.
    I don't disagree with you or the idea that muscle bound women are not attractive to men. I'd have a general idea myself tbh, I was just responding to the previous posters request for a larger male audience. I personally don't try to attract male attention and I do consider my physique masculine and I prefer it that way. (in fact I work hard to ensure it is)
    Doesn't mean I'm not attractive or "beautiful" though, just not to men. (which is how I like it)

The premise of this thread sets out to determine if strong women are attractive, but the assumption is that it's men who get to define what is or is not. That's a bit erroneous in my opinion but I understand this is the ladies lounge and the vast majority of women here seek male approval wrt their physical attractiveness.
    As it happens I realised most difference between the fit and toned and the muscular girls in the pics is that the toned girls also have incredibly fake boobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

ashers222 wrote: »
    As it happens I realised most difference between the fit and toned and the muscular girls in the pics is that the toned girls also have incredibly fake boobs.

You keep bringing up their boobs.

I think you secretly want a boob job :)

You keep bringing up their boobs.

I think you secretly want a boob job :)

Only if it were to have them removed. I have in the past bound my boobage to streamline my chest :D
    No but really I think that what men define as feminine is probably as influenced by their boobage as anything else.

(trust me if I had boobs I'd be sad :()

Millicent wrote: »

Do they cater to them or do they influence them, though, is the question there.
    If there was a decent demand for it at all they'd be catered for

I'd just like to say: Ashers, the whole way through this thread your posts have been a breath of fresh air - you're the only one willing to have a reasoned discussion, and for that I thank you

For the sake of this thread I'm a boi, what you can't see in my pic is my boxer shorts. :)
    I am biologically female though so I do have a female perspective too. (I also know just what's required to make my body look more masculine because I've been doing it for years)

If there was a decent demand for it at all they'd be catered for

Trace it back through history--even just Playboy's history--and chart how the body shapes have changed though.

Definitions of what's attractive change generation to generation. It's influenced strongly by art and popular culture as well as by symbols of wealth. When the fattest people were the richest, that's what was defined as attractive. Now that the wealthiest celebrities are slimmer, that's what's considered attractive. And then, across other cultures and ethnicities, the definition's different again.

The definition of attractiveness is much more malleable and subject to change than many here are arguing it to be.

• Advertisement

I'd just like to say: Ashers, the whole way through this thread your posts have been a breath of fresh air - you're the only one willing to have a reasoned discussion, and for that I thank you

Ah well cheers for that. Wish I'd read that before I went to the bother of typing out a considered response. :pac: You're being a bit unfair to other posters there, too. Just because they don't necessarily agree with you, doesn't make them unreasonable. There were a lot of good posts on this thread.

Advertisement