Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Enjoying it alot more since unlocking strike missions, found a epic shotgun earlier woop

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

calex71 wrote: »
    Was planning on trying to get it done tonight if you are on Xbox and are high enough a level?

Cheers but i'm on PS4, good luck tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Big Knox wrote: »
    While it's definitely not groundbreaking or even innovative what it does it does well. I think too many reviews expected too much going in. The game certainly isn't a 10/10 but Polygons 6/10 is overly harsh.

I never take the reviews at Polygon seriously. It seems the main criticism of Destiny is the lack of content and yet they gave Titanfall 9/10.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was planning on trying to get it done tonight if you are on Xbox and are high enough a level?

What level you need to be for that? I'm just hopping on now and am up for doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Star Trek on RTE really getting me in the mood for this.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gandalph wrote: »
    Star Trek on RTE really getting me in the mood for this.

The music is very star trek in places, and the jurassic park in others :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Mickeroo wrote: »

The music on the main menu is very similar to Band Of Brothers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Quite literally only getting into this now, but if anyone wants to add gt is in sig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I got an awful nostalgic feeling for Symphony of the Night with some of the music.

Started this tonight and not all that impressed by it. It feels like a FPS version of Defiance only they opted to not include a story. The gameplay mechanics are solid, it looks great and plays well but there's not a whole lot to it. It's made up of the same cookie cutter missions and I fear that it'll get rather repetitive far too quickly.

The disconnects are rather frustrating, it happened three times within the first hour but thankfully each time it was as I completed a mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Those purple circle yolks , forget there name remind of that baloon in the Simpsons when Homer is trying to escape the island. Very annoying they are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Sarn

It reminds me of Defiance as well. It's similar in that everyone is running around killing stuff but no one is communicating.

I'm enjoying the random events that happen as you are wandering around, it helps to break up the repetition and nice to have everyone working together.

They should ditch the way the randomers disappear when you enter certain areas. I like teaming up with people I happen across, you should be able to help each other through the entire mission if you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

As much as I'm disappointed with the way the campaign has turned out, from what I can see from what I've played of the Crucible, Destiny seems to be the most solid competive shooter on Next Gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

One of the Cabal on Mars punched me so hard that... well...

IMG_20140913_003031_zpsqrubahen.jpg

If only I had that Titan jump ability. From that height, I would have broke Mars in half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lads what the hell am I doing wrong here, I'm level 23 and still getting 1 shotted or killed even before I get a shot off in PvP ..... by lvl 10 or lower. What trick am I missing here, it doesn't matter what gun I'm killed by, they only have to see me and I'm dead :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lads what the hell am I doing wrong here, I'm level 23 and still getting 1 shotted or killed even before I get a shot off in PvP ..... by lvl 10 or lower. What trick am I missing here, it doesn't matter what gun I'm killed by, they only have to see me and I'm dead :confused:

Fusion rifle or shotgun maybe? Perhaps even the Hunter's sun gun ability thing? Level difference doesn't really matter when it comes to armour or weapon, the only advantage level difference gives is your abilities. So it's easy enough to be one-shotted by lower level players, depending on what weapon they use

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Only just realized that Lance Reddick voices a character in the game. That alone makes it 10 times more enjoyable.

Would second fusion rifle or shotgun. Primary weapons take a few shots to take someone down.

Penn wrote: »
    Fusion rifle or shotgun maybe? Perhaps even the Hunter's sun gun ability thing? Level difference doesn't really matter when it comes to armour or weapon, the only advantage level difference gives is your abilities. So it's easy enough to be one-shotted by lower level players, depending on what weapon they use

No mostly scout rifle kills, or the jumpy aoe dive of death :(

Even other hunters are 1 hit melee killing me were is it takes me 2 or 3 on other players????

• Advertisement

No mostly scout rifle kills, or the jumpy aoe dive of death :(

Even other hunters are 1 hit melee killing me were is it takes me 2 or 3 on other players????

The titan aoe attack is silly overpowered. I hope they bring in a playlist with no supercharge abilities enabled.

Are you sure you're not being team shot by other players simultaneously?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Hand cannons are pretty awesome in pvp as well.

Does anyone else ever find themselves stuck on loading screens in the middle of a map, usually going through different areas, while other people in your party clearly just run on and you can clearly see them killing/doing stuff, yet you are just stuck loading there.

The titan aoe attack is silly overpowered. I hope they bring in a playlist with no supercharge abilities enabled.

Are you sure you're not being team shot by other players simultaneously?

No I mean I could be one on one and out of shot gun range and still be taken out super fast. A snipers bullet I respect but I find it hard to believe every one in the match has dead eye aim and gets my head every time.

..... actually I've been playing salvage tonight I wonder has that anything to do with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Disconnect, disconnect, disconnect, sigh....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is the limited edition worth the 79£ sterling price on amazon. I'm not normally one for dlc etc but I intend on making destiny my main fps for the ps4 for probably the next year or two at least in particular as they have said they'll be sticking with it.

So yeah is the limited edition worth it?

Anyone buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭StudentDad

Disconnect, disconnect, disconnect, sigh....

It must be a geographic thing. I'm having no bother at all with the game. It's running very smoothly.

Hope it gets better mate.

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How are people finding the crucible at the moment in terms of maps and game modes? Iv just unlocked it but not played it yet. Was a big fan of halo so hoping its a similar vibe on here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is the limited edition worth the 79£ sterling price on amazon. I'm not normally one for dlc etc but I intend on making destiny my main fps for the ps4 for probably the next year or two at least in particular as they have said they'll be sticking with it.

So yeah is the limited edition worth it?

Anyone buy it?

All the extra stuff is really nice. The book looks great, the steelbook is a bit meh though. If you are just interested in the game you can pick it up for ~€50 and the expansion pass is €35.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How are people finding the crucible at the moment in terms of maps and game modes? Iv just unlocked it but not played it yet. Was a big fan of halo so hoping its a similar vibe on here

The game modes are nothing new but I think it's great fun. I find the pulse rifles feel very similar to the Battle Rifle. It's somewhere between CoD and Halo in terms of how it feels overall though. In general the gunplay is closer to CoD or Borderlands than Halo, but it definitely doesn't feel as "twitchy" as CoD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Can i play fps on consoles with a keyboard and mouse yet? I like the idea of this game but not willing to use a joypad :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement