Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did everyone else get a rare special weapon from the messenger in the tower?

No :eek: :confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    No :eek: :confused:

After I defeated the gatelord when I went to the tower there was a rare sniper rifle waiting in the "lost" section for me.

After I defeated the gatelord when I went to the tower there was a rare sniper rifle waiting in the "lost" section for me.

Which mission was that?
    I'm only on mission 2 of Venus now
    After Visiting the Reef

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

This is because it dropped and you didn't pick it up I think.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gandalph wrote: »
    This is because it dropped and you didn't pick it up I think.

It was the last venus mission, that could be it, makes sense why it was in the lost section then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That happens after a mission if your inventory is already full and you can't get the mission reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone defeat phogoth on the moon yet?. 1 big annoying bastard. 3 of us did it ladt night on the 3rd attempt provably my 20th overall id say. Need someone as close to level 20 as poss to have a hope

Got invisibility on my hunter, completely forgot about it as I unlocked it late last night. Was doing Phogoth on the moon strike and I ducked behind some cover right before a swarm of guys came out the door and looked at me, but then invisibility activated (crouch and say still for like 3 seconds) an they all just ran around me straight to the other guys on my fire-team, leaving me loads of room and time to place my shots, was awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Soby wrote: »
    Anyone defeat phogoth on the moon yet?. 1 big annoying bastard. 3 of us did it ladt night on the 3rd attempt provably my 20th overall id say. Need someone as close to level 20 as poss to have a hope

Was that the beast in chains??? We thought we were being clever camping in the door and retreating back but the wizards can follow you in there and one of those diamond shaped things repeatedly spawns in that room to drive you out

Soby wrote: »

Got him pretty easily when I was level 16 with two similarly leveled randoms, went down a few times, but we made it through on the first attempt. Keep clearing those waves of enemies quickly and don't bunch up in the same place and you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I meant to swap to Blademaster last night at 15 but I partied up with someone for the first time at the start of mars and was enjoy the co-op so much I went straight to 17 without thinking!

Will I need to go back to 15 for Blademaster now? Also we done our first strike 2 man, we queued but didn't get a third so had to do the level 18 Venus Strike with me level 16 and him 19. Took us awhile to get through it but no real issues, thought it would be harder.

Must add some of ye from here as once I hit 18 I'm going to start working through the strikes and would like some reliable co-op!!

Keep clearing those waves of enemies quickly and don't bunch up in the same place and you should be fine.

I agree with this, it also helps if you have a Fire/Sun elemental gun to take down the Wizards when they spawn. It makes a LOT of difference as they have Solar Shields

Found phogoth handy enough as a level 12 I think it was. Once I realised staying in the hall was suicide he was grand.

Just unlocked the strike playlist there. I like how the game is opening up as I go on.

Just got my first legendary engram, got all excited then went to decrypt it and it turned out to be a blue...f**k!

Walking around with White (common) Level Boots until Level 17.. bout some Uncommon ones... ALL LOOT DROPS were Green Boots from then on in :mad:

Well at least I didn't waste glimmer on a new Ship :p

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I got a ship blueprint from a random chest. Well chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Got lucky from a blue Cryptograph.

BxSKaD4IEAE0VXW.jpg

Ah how fun is it to pop cabal heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah how fun is it to pop cabal heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

Yeah, that first Mars mission is a pain with the amount of Ultras it throws at you.

Just found a football in the tower and spent like 15 minutes booting it at afk players, a couple of people joined in, great laugh...now back to saving galaxies and other menial tasks.

• Advertisement

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/12/destiny-review-the-final-verdict-4866002/

A very fair assessment of the game. Exactly how I feel about it.

7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

The Weekly heroic strike taunts me every time I open the map, need those strange coins now that Xur has shown up (he's a vendor that sells exotic gear and other goodies in exchange for strange coins and is only around on weekends..I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok so I figured out why it was taking me so long to go complete the moon missions, I was using the default assault rifle, it was taking me around 100 shots to kill a captain, so that explains, I def went into those missions way too early... good thing is that now I have the new dammerung fr3 Fusion rifle and it only takes 1 shot to kill them, big difference now I am flying through all the missions... thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I just bought this and first time playing i dont have a clue whats going on! ,is it just a multiplayer game? all i want to do is play a campaign not multiplayer,can you even pause it?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

I just bought this and first time playing i dont have a clue whats going on! ,is it just a multiplayer game? all i want to do is play a campaign not multiplayer,can you even pause it?

There's no pause in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭mmmcake

Have been playing since launch, in my opinion the game is not ready for primetime, it need another few months in the oven. Im waiting for something to happen, but nothing has, the game just plods along.

polygon.com put up a good review, they pull no punches.

mmmcake wrote: »
    Have been playing since launch, in my opinion the game is not ready for primetime, it need another few months in the oven. Im waiting for something to happen, but nothing has, the game just plods along.

polygon.com put up a good review, they pull no punches.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/12/6138497/destiny-review-no-fate

Link above..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

While it's definitely not groundbreaking or even innovative what it does it does well. I think too many reviews expected too much going in. The game certainly isn't a 10/10 but Polygons 6/10 is overly harsh.

The game is a lot of fun and has the tightest and smoothest FPS play seen on a console to date. The story is a load of crap to be fair but the visuals, setting and score are all amazing and most importantly it's a **** load of fun in co-op and matchmaking.

Also while I can't fully comment on the end game gear grind just yet I'm looking forward to it. Grinding gear from strikes and rep and then bringing that gear and set-up into pvp is very appealing to me so I think I'll get a good run out of it.

I do agree that the potential was there to make something properly amazing and they weren't very ambitious all things considered however I would still give it a solid 8/10.

The Weekly heroic strike taunts me every time I open the map, need those strange coins now that Xur has shown up (he's a vendor that sells exotic gear and other goodies in exchange for strange coins and is only around on weekends..I think).

Was planning on trying to get it done tonight if you are on Xbox and are high enough a level?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Big Knox wrote: »
    While it's definitely not groundbreaking or even innovative what it does it does well. I think too many reviews expected too much going in. The game certainly isn't a 10/10 but Polygons 6/10 is overly harsh.

I'd usually agree with that when it comes to overly harsh reviews, but Bungie made a big deal about this being the mot expensive video game ever produced. I don't think you can blame reviewers or even games in general for expecting more from the game than what they got.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement