Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

calex71 wrote: »
    Does it matchmake on the weekly strike? I keep getting put in on my own :mad:

Not that I know of. You need to be in a party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not that I know of. You need to be in a party.

Thats a disaster. As I ranted about the clan system is not fit for purpose, and I tried inviting people like they want you to at the tower and guess what they had no idea what I was inviting them to and promptly left.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Had some fun today with Cormac, though being the lowest ranked dude I seemed to spend half the time dead. The Moon Strike boss took forever, constant Knight and Wizard spawning was a pain.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got the achievement for capturing 50 points in control there. Still haven't managed to complete a 2nd match due to disconnects. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Had some fun today with Cormac, though being the lowest ranked dude I seemed to spend half the time dead. The Moon Strike boss took forever, constant Knight and Wizard spawning was a pain.

I'm glad I never set up my PS4 mic, I would have literally been 30 mins of "f**king wizards!!!, f**king knights", I wouldn't mind but I had a fusion rifle that decimated them but trying to get close and line up the shot was getting me annihilated.

Did the 1st 2 Venus Missons on Hard, Even though we were both level 16 we had to draft in a lvl23 ringer to get through the 2nd level.

I dunno about anyone else, but if you really try and get people to play with you and are patient the game is Really rewards doing hard about one level over the recommended level (so lvl 17 on a lvl16 Hard Strike), It's balanced, frustrating, challenging and rewarding in equal measure. I'd actually find Normal to be pretty stock at this rate, maybe thats why there's not so much love.

Decent co-op in a challenging environment is always good IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Yea, always plumb for the higher difficulty. Makes for more of challenge. That Venus mission I did with you Cormac, with the Vex was a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Gandalph wrote: »
    I love Bladedancer in pvp, the super is awesome. Can go 6v1 in a room full of guys and still win with it, one button smash and it's a 1-2 hit super speed killing blow or just spin around in the center of the room until everyone is dead. Havnt seen any other hunters using it so I can tell a couple of people on the other team are experiencing the wtf factor :L

I experienced this quite a few times in my first crucible match yesterday. Its not so fun when you're on the receiving end.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How are people finding the game? I have seen the trailers and it makes me wanna buy a PS4, but i seen some Gameplay and it just doesnt blow me away as it should.

How are other peoples thoughts on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Vicxas wrote: »
    How are people finding the game? I have seen the trailers and it makes me wanna buy a PS4, but i seen some Gameplay and it just doesnt blow me away as it should.

How are other peoples thoughts on it?

Actually, the gameplay is probably its best feature. Its the story and mythos it tries to build that doesn't hit home IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

I set about completing a few bounties last night and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Ranking up that little bit gives you the impression you're such a badass when you see the fallen disintegrating due to your hail of automatic rounds. I'm avoiding the crucible until I level up significantly, I'm almost level 9 now and I'm loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

List of upcoming events.
    image_324788_460.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

played a bit of crucible last night, I dont know why, but it seems pretty forgiving, regardless of what level you are, I was able to hold my own with my lvl 9 vanguard using a hand cannon and sniper rife - and I'm dire at sniping in every other fps - I think its the big floaty jumps that make it easier. Seeing lads do their special moves is quite unique as well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

played a bit of crucible last night, I dont know why, but it seems pretty forgiving, regardless of what level you are, I was able to hold my own with my lvl 9 vanguard using a hand cannon and sniper rife - and I'm dire at sniping in every other fps - I think its the big floaty jumps that make it easier. Seeing lads do their special moves is quite unique as well.

The floaty jumps are very halo-esque and definitely make you a sitting duck. I think there's pretty generous auto aim too, I've pulled off soe ridiculous headshots with the sniper rifle so far and there's no way it was all my own doing :o

You're level doesn't matter in the current playlists (apart from abilities), the Iron Banner playlist is entirely gear/level dependent though. Looks like it will be an event like it was in the beta rather than a permanent playlist.

Sometimes playing certain maps on Crucible I'm like

"This is my house"
    stewie-this-is-my-house-o.gif

Just had a quick go of the 3v3 there (and I wasn't kicked!). Small maps and very tactical. the gametype is pretty much Demolition from CoD or Extraction from Halo 4.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just had a quick go of the 3v3 there (and I wasn't kicked!). Small maps and very tactical. the gametype is pretty much Demolition from CoD or Extraction from Halo 4.

Yeah I played only 1 game of that mode (Skirmish) and really liked it. A lot more enemy engagement even with fewer played as you can see when your guys go "down" easier so you know whereabouts the enemy is. Enjoyable game mode that

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yeah I played only 1 game of that mode (Skirmish) and really liked it. A lot more enemy engagement even with fewer played as you can see when your guys go "down" easier so you know whereabouts the enemy is. Enjoyable game mode that

Yeah and if you stick together with your team the fact you can revive people plays a big part. I don't think I ever seen anyone revived in the 6v6 matches.

I don't think I ever seen anyone revived in the 6v6 matches.

Cause you can't, it's a mechanic only in Skirmish AFAIK

Also, Anyone level 16-20 interested in doing the the Story Missions on Venus on Hard (including grabbing the Golden Chests there) I'll be playing this evening. I'm level 18 Warlock on PS4 (GenericDreadHead)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've only played a few games in the Crucible but wasn't given any choice as to map or game type... they were all CTF.

Does a playlist option unlock later on?

Dades wrote: »
    I've only played a few games in the Crucible but wasn't given any choice as to map or game type... they were all CTF.

Does a playlist option unlock later on?

I dont know if they unlock by the amount of matches of each you play or your rank, but I know that I only played 3 games of control, and the next time I went to the crucible, clash had opened up.

• Advertisement

I dont know if they unlock by the amount of matches of each you play or your rank, but I know that I only played 3 games of control, and the next time I went to the crucible, clash had opened up.

Yeah, I've a feeling you have to do a certain number of each game type to unlock the next one. I wanna say 3 games of each but I can't 100% remember

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Makes sense thanks lads, should unlock another later then.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Cormac... wrote: »

Did the 1st 2 Venus Missons on Hard, Even though we were both level 16 we had to draft in a lvl23 ringer to get through the 2nd level.

You're welcome lol, but yeah it was fun, I just wish communication was easier in-game.

You're welcome lol, but yeah it was fun, I just wish communication was easier in-game.

Haha thanks, we tried it with just 2 people and got our a** royally handed to use by those Heavies with the Void Shields! :pac::pac::pac:

Taking me 3 or 4 attempts to enter the tower today.

Taking me 3 or 4 attempts to enter the tower today.

"I'm sorry sir, you're barred" :D

"I'm sorry sir, you're barred" :D

No Uncommon Trainers! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

We are approaching the first weekend of Destiny, I wonder will the servers survive the smashing they are about to receive with the heavy amount of logins.

We are approaching the first weekend of Destiny, I wonder will the servers survive the smashing they are about to receive with the heavy amount of logins.

I've only been disconnected once in any/all game types in the last 3 days, maybe I'm just lucky :P

• Advertisement

God they cant get any worse for me anyway.

Did everyone else get a rare special weapon from the messenger in the tower?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement