Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Finally unlocked the fusion rifle. Not sure what I find more satisfying... Blowing up multiple enemies with the rifle or an accurate fatality with a throwing knife.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have they ramped up loot drops for the weekend? Did the first venus strike there and was picking up uncommon weapons left right and centre, got a blue engram too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I haven't a clue about game design but am just wondering. Seeing as they have built this fantastic looking world is it possible for them to fill it post release with things to do?

I was playing the Strike mission on Mars the other night with two randomers, The boss monster kept one shoting us.So it was basically a long slog of die respawn die respawn until finally after about half an hour of taking pot shots at it we all died and had to restart from the beginning.

I said F that and quit out of the game.

For me this does not look good for a game I only got on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I'm loving the grind to level up past 20, so much stuff to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

weiland79 wrote: »
    I haven't a clue about game design but am just wondering. Seeing as they have built this fantastic looking world is it possible for them to fill it post release with things to do?

I was playing the Strike mission on Mars the other night with two randomers, The boss monster kept one shoting us.So it was basically a long slog of die respawn die respawn until finally after about half an hour of taking pot shots at it we all died and had to restart from the beginning.

I said F that and quit out of the game.

For me this does not look good for a game I only got on Tuesday.

Level up a bit if you are getting smashed, that is the whole point of the game.

This game really opens up after Level 20, daily heroic missions and weekly strike missions sound class. Can't wait for the raids too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

any ps4 clan thingy going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Lone Stone wrote: »
    any ps4 clan thingy going ?
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535
    Boards clan xbox and PlayStation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

jumped into the crucible for the first time last night... it's not great is it. Overall the game is a bit of fun, but it gets stale pretty quickly, and there's not enough content there. Decent effort, but nowhere close to a great game by any stretch. 6, pushing a 7, out of 10 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I've found the disconnects during single player missions one of the most frustrating things so far. I don't see why you can't continue on without a connection, how much information is being received from the server for those missions? Surely they should be able to cache that information, allowing you to finish it and then transmit the info to the servers when you reconnect.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've found the disconnects during single player missions one of the most frustrating things so far. I don't see why you can't continue on without a connection, how much information is being received from the server for those missions? Surely they should be able to cache that information, allowing you to finish it and then transmit the info to the servers when you reconnect.

Seems every single tiny thing you do goes to the servers. Even handing in a bounty or engram in the tower usually results in a disconnect for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Really didn't expect this game to get such a tepid reception. I'm loving every bit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Repetitive? Yup.

Story? Couldn't tell you it.

Characters? Nope.

Fun? Hell yes.

It's a halo game that I can play after moving over to PS4. PVP is excellent.It's a slightly faster version of Halo with ADS.

Obtaining loot is addicting and pushes you on to play more to get that better weapon or armour.

Could it be better? Absolutely. But I'm having a good time playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Seems every single tiny thing you do goes to the servers. Even handing in a bounty or engram in the tower usually results in a disconnect for me.

Seems odd they wouldn't have anticipated possible issues with an always online requirement and factored in a mechanism that would allow for that without disrupting the play.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Two more emblem codes - X9F-GMA-H6D and N3L-XN6-PXF

Redeem them here http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Is there any way to kill yourself or reload from last checkpoint? Stuck in the game world at the final boss fight under hard diffculty, and do not want to do it all over again. Grenade is not doing enough damage to kill myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

wexdevil wrote: »
    Two more emblem codes - X9F-GMA-H6D and N3L-XN6-PXF

Redeem them here http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

What do they do? Purely aesthetic?

I've given up playing the game, keep getting booted out. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Keno wrote: »
    Repetitive? Yup.

Story? Couldn't tell you it.

Characters? Nope.

Fun? Hell yes.

It's a halo game that I can play after moving over to PS4. PVP is excellent.It's a slightly faster version of Halo with ADS.

Obtaining loot is addicting and pushes you on to play more to get that better weapon or armour.

Could it be better? Absolutely. But I'm having a good time playing it.

This is the best sum up of the game i have seen. Its a great addicting game in my view

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

What do they do? Purely aesthetic?

I've given up playing the game, keep getting booted out. :mad:
    Yeah purely aesthetic, getting booted off a good few times myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yet to be booted, pretty much soley playing pvp though, very fun.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Yet to be booted, pretty much soley playing pvp though, very fun.

I can only play strikes and story for the most part. Get booted from everything else within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The crucible maps are excellent. They work great in every game mode and are well designed to bring out the best in the classes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I can only play strikes and story for the most part. Get booted from everything else within minutes.

You lvl enough for the weekly strike yet? I'm also going to do the daily heroic mission too if you want to jump in. If we can get 1 more from the clan we can get that achievement for a strike with a full fireteam of clan members too.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

calex71 wrote: »
    You lvl enough for the weekly strike yet? I'm also going to do the daily heroic mission too if you want to jump in. If we can get 1 more from the clan we can get that achievement for a strike with a full fireteam of clan members too.

If you need a +1 I've a 25 titan that still needs the weekly strike.

How are people farming their light gear at 20? I'm just pvping at the moment and doing the odd strike but I'm guessing there are faster methods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If you need a +1 I've a 25 titan that still needs the weekly strike.

Are you on XB1? I'll be looking to get more higher level stuff done so help is most welcome. my gt is Calex dEUS

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

calex71 wrote: »
    Are you on XB1? I'll be looking to get more higher level stuff done so help is most welcome. my gt is Calex dEUS

Ah sorry I'm on PS4.
    Big Knox wrote: »
    How are people farming their light gear at 20? I'm just pvping at the moment and doing the odd strike but I'm guessing there are faster methods?

Strike Playlists, you'll start seeing a lot of gear with light on it, the higher the level of the playlist the better obviously but you'll push through each playlist difficulty quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Need help. I've been disconnecting every 5 mins now. It only got worse now. Earlier it was one every 30min. I keep getting bee or lion.

Is there anything I can do? DMZ? Port forward?

Strike Playlists, you'll start seeing a lot of gear with light on it, the higher the level of the playlist the better obviously but you'll push through each playlist difficulty quite quickly.

Ok cool I'll run some of the 22's later so. I'm only 1 piece of gear off 22 I think so should be fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Dam got dc just as the boss was about to go down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement