Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

To Gerard, TitanGerm, CableGuyIE and SteveDPirate - cheers for sherpa-ing me through NM Croata's End - and sorry that our third attempt wasn't coming off. I got kicked with 'pardon our dust' in the end.

Still ... Song of Ir Yut - not to be sniffed at! Thanks folks.

+1 good craic as always lads. Great to get Sherpa'ed through it so as to learn the ropes.

Although who do I address my written complaint to re the loot? I got better loot from a Warsat event afterwards than I did from finishig Crota twice!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Looking for a little advice.

I'm starting to play Destiny a little more regularly now after a good break. I'm level 31 and only have one character. Plus I've only done the new raid once.

If I want to start heading to level 32 what is the best path. Should I just keep doing the raid each week and hope for the new armour to drop? I have a ton of Ascendant shards right now. Are they still the upgrade material for new armour?

What's the story with Eris bounties? Do I really need to level her up? What's the advantage?

You could start another character of the same class. It's a bit of a grind but you would be able to get to 31 by swapping in your armour once you get to level 20 (probably take 6-7 hours with someone helping). With two level 31s you can run Crota twice a week and get to lvl 32 in no time. Lots of my friends did this - I prefer to have one for each class.
    Also been told that the next DLC you won't need shards to upgrade armour it's going to be purchased via glimmer. Currently you need radiant shards to upgrade the level 32 armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Completed HM for the first time yesterday. Was pretty easy in the end we had a good sword guy. Got the scout rifle and the Titan Helmet.

We beat Crota HM and that scout rifle is all anybody got (a long with a shader). Seems decent, can finally junk the timepiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,865 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

quad_red wrote: »
    +1 good craic as always lads. Great to get Sherpa'ed through it so as to learn the ropes.

Although who do I address my written complaint to re the loot? I got better loot from a Warsat event afterwards than I did from finishig Crota twice!!

:)

I got two shards and two energies. Its just the way sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Did you get Abyss Defiant from the normal raid ?

No got it on hard. We did it up to the deathsinger.

• Advertisement

You could start another character of the same class. It's a bit of a grind but you would be able to get to 31 by swapping in your armour once you get to level 20 (probably take 6-7 hours with someone helping). With two level 31s you can run Crota twice a week and get to lvl 32 in no time. Lots of my friends did this - I prefer to have one for each class.
    Also been told that the next DLC you won't need shards to upgrade armour it's going to be purchased via glimmer. Currently you need radiant shards to upgrade the level 32 armour.

Who told you of would cost glimmer ? If its true then they will have to increase the CAP to 50000 at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

ok guys, hard one this week

Omnigul with

Nightfall

Arc Burn
    Void Burn
    Solar Burn

no lightswitch though!

Weekly only has Solar Burn

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Who told you of would cost glimmer ? If its true then they will have to increase the CAP to 50000 at the very least.

One of the guys I play with. It was on some twitter feed or bungie update. They were basically saying they made it too hard for people to level up via materials. There was a lot of complaining in our group that now anyone can easily rank up. I just think "meh, so what"
    Glimmer is becoming increasingly important. I seem to be spending a lot more time farming it. Whether Bungie increase the cap, I have my doubts. They haven't done much to reduce the grind (removing farming materials aside)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

No got it on hard. We did it up to the deathsinger.

Really need to get in on some of these, havent ran any raids in a while now

Bohrio wrote: »
    ok guys, hard one this week

Omnigul with

Nightfall

Arc Burn
    Void Burn
    Solar Burn

no lightswitch though!

Weekly only has Solar Burn

Triple burn ? Just use your favourite weapons so :)

Also not sure if this was posted before but an alternative strategy to kill crota

http://youtu.be/Ad8m6ZuquG0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

To Gerard, TitanGerm, CableGuyIE and SteveDPirate - cheers for sherpa-ing me through NM Croata's End - and sorry that our third attempt wasn't coming off. I got kicked with 'pardon our dust' in the end.

Still ... Song of Ir Yut - not to be sniffed at! Thanks folks.

It was a bit glitchy when TitianGerm was the swordbearer. I was getting zero ammo drops. We went to orbit and got another group together. Gerard was the swordbearer this time and we beat him Scrota in one run. Then we had some fun in the Abyss! I only got a bunch of shards and the Light of the Abyss fusion rifle (again!!) for my troubles.

Omnigowel this week lads! Looks like it's going to be fun with all the burn mods on.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Omnigowel this week lads! Looks like it's going to be fun with all the burn mods on.

I should be on today to run the weeklys if anyones about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

thebag89 wrote: »
    Right just need the heavy machine gun, two helmets and the Crux of Crota

If you don't have the crux the rest of us might as well firmly lodge the desire for the crux alongside our dreams to ride a unicorn, do brunch with Jimmy Hoffa and play Half Life 3 this decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Triple burn ? Just use your favourite weapons so :)

Also not sure if this was posted before but an alternative strategy to kill crota

http://youtu.be/Ad8m6ZuquG0

so will them!

Every single enemy will now be lethal man! its going to be pretty hard ;)

I saw that strategy before, it was used by the two guys who soloed crota on hard.

I find it very smart however, I do see people stepping in front of each other while attempting to rocket crota and dying a lot! unless you make clear who should use rockets and who shouldn't etc.

We can try it this week if you want, I still have to do crota on hard on Xbox, havent really attempted it yet

But tonight is nightfall/weeklys evening, same time same place?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

thebag89 wrote: »
    Right just need the heavy machine gun, two helmets and the Crux of Crota

It's really nothing to write home about and you'd be hard pushed to have it as your heavy for the most part IMHO, I've it fully levelled and it's only so-so
    True that! They had some English, and I had a few German basics so it was decent. Will hopefully get to finish VoG tomorrow! All I've gotten so far are ascendant shards and energy as well as some legendary sniper

That is a fantastic sniper, the 2nd most stable i've used (after Patience and Time), great for PvP as it's legendary
    One of the guys I play with. It was on some twitter feed or bungie update. They were basically saying they made it too hard for people to level up via materials. There was a lot of complaining in our group that now anyone can easily rank up. I just think "meh, so what"
    Glimmer is becoming increasingly important. I seem to be spending a lot more time farming it. Whether Bungie increase the cap, I have my doubts. They haven't done much to reduce the grind (removing farming materials aside)

http://www.destructoid.com/house-of-wolves-might-be-bungie-s-last-chance-to-save-destiny-286684.phtml

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/26/destiny-less-grind-fairer-economy-in-house-of-wolves-dlc/

Given that is about 6-8 weeks out I'm not too pushed about beating Crota 3 times a week every week on Hard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hey guys just a quick thanks for the invite to the raid last night. I was on the vita hence not mic'ing up.

As much as I do appreciate the invite just be aware that I may have to leave it due to baby and more than likely won't be mic'd up in particular pre 11pm.

After ye removed me from the team (which I'm completely fine with by the way) ironically enough my other half and baby went to bed and I was able to mic up.

I ended up joining up with a guy from work and 4 of his friends and defeated Crota pretty quickly it has to be said.

I learnt a lot as they talked me through it. Way more than you do from watching YouTube clips.

We hung out in the middle taking out the sword bearers and ogres etc and then one of the lads took out Crota after a few goes .

Among other things I got "Hunger of Crota" for my troubles which is a pretty cool rocket launcher.

So my raid cherry has been popped. I can see why you guys are always playing them now. Great sense of achievement on completion.

Anyway that's my story. Weekly and nightfall tonight. Again I mightnt be mic'd but I'll join in with ye if I see you need a 2nd or 3rd. Need to test out my new rocket launcher.

Bout Time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cormac... wrote: »
    Bout Time :pac:

Only 120 hours in. Lol

Pro Tip for the Nightfall and Weekly, that boomer that spawns up high behind the wall, you can use AOE grenades or Explosive rounds damage or Armour piercing rounds to shoot through the wall at him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »

I managed it in 1/2 that time :P

Here's probably the most straightforward and least risky of the Crotas strategies I've encountered:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The nightfall is going to be pretty tough this week with all three burns active. I find this mission tough anyway because it takes so long to kill Omnigul at the end. It is nearly as much of a bullet sponge as the guy at the end of the Mars strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'd be up for doing the weekly later on this evening, free between 7ish and 9ish if anyone wants to team up. finally hit level 26. Have yet to finish a weekly or nightfall. Tried last week with CalvinLeong but we couldnt manage it with just the 2 of us.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I'd be up for doing the weekly later on this evening, free between 7ish and 9ish if anyone wants to team up. finally hit level 26. Have yet to finish a weekly or nightfall. Tried last week with CalvinLeong but we couldnt manage it with just the 2 of us.

I'll prob be on, level 30, should be doable!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'll join again! Also level 26 now
    EDIT: never mind, forgot I didn't get the DLC yet :pac:

At 26 can you damage level 30 enemies ?

^ no you cannot, you will not even be allowed enter the activity

At 26 can you damage level 30 enemies ?

Just googled it and they are unlocked when you reach level 28. I took a 28 through last weeks, using him mainly as bait.

Just googled it and they are unlocked when you reach level 28. I took a 28 through last weeks, using him mainly as bait a medic.

FYP :pac:

• Advertisement

It was more like

"You go down there and I'll stand on top of the stairs here. When you see the four witches rushing at you run up to me real fast"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement