Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,215 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Once you complete the three campaign missions (and there's only three) you get
    the legendary fusion rifle Murmur from Eris which can do both arc and solar damage.
    Which is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Once you complete the three campaign missions (and there's only three) you get
    the legendary fusion rifle Murmur from Eris which can do both arc and solar damage.
    Which is nice.

what ???? theres only 3 story missions total in it :eek:

Actually I don't know why that surprises me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

calex71 wrote: »
    what ???? theres only 3 story missions total in it :eek:

Actually I don't know why that surprises me.

That's been know for quite some time now though.

huh, so not only do I get penalised for not buying the season pass with the original game at launch by having to pay more, but now I'm actually being denied content?

this sits ill with me. And I doubt I'm alone.

*sits back and awaits the inevitable twitter / reddit explosion when the yanks start getting out of bed and online......

It may not placate you, but this situation is for this week only I believe. The new Strike is only there this week to celebrate the launch. It should be back to normal next week. Though I do think they should have had 2 options for the weekly's to account for those that don't have the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It shouldn't surprise you, it was announced a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Destiny is on the 12 deals on PSN today, €45 for standard, €69 for Digital Guardian.

AdamD wrote: »
    It shouldn't surprise you, it was announced a long time ago.

That'll teach me to buy DLC sight unseen won't it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

calex71 wrote: »
    That'll teach me to buy DLC sight unseen won't it :(

yeah ive been very cautious about what season passes ill commit to lately. lots of games just havent been delivering the value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It may not placate you, but this situation is for this week only I believe. The new Strike is only there this week to celebrate the launch. It should be back to normal next week. Though I do think they should have had 2 options for the weekly's to account for those that don't have the DLC.

Well it will be an issue every six weeks or so right? These new strikes will be rotated I'd assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cant wait to get home, I wanted to have a quick look at the missions so I started watching a youtube video and as soon as the guy selected the new mission I got too excited and had to closed the window, I rather wait until I get home later today and play it, dont want to know/see anything until then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Streaming the Raid now:

http://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

Well it will be an issue every six weeks or so right? These new strikes will be rotated I'd assume.

Hopefully they can sort something out before it happens again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Is it the norm with the new quests to get two legendary weapons after doing 3 quests? I got the murmur fusion rifle and the LSR5001or whatever its called sniper rifle!

happy days, one of them you can switch between arc and void damage.

Cormac... wrote: »

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll still be running it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Is it the norm with the new quests to get two legendary weapons after doing 3 quests? I got the murmur fusion rifle and the LSR5001or whatever its called sniper rifle!

happy days, one of them you can switch between arc and void damage.

I need to stop reading this thread before I play the DLC :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm honestly very much on the fence about buying the season pass at the moment, I was kinda holding off until black friday / cyber monday to see if it'd come up, and when It didnt, I thought I'd hold off until the inevitable christmas sale. 35 dollars or euros for 4 strikes, 2 raids and 6 missions doesn't seem like the best of value in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If anyone is looking for the 3 areas in the Eris "Patrol Cosmodrome" bounties I'm streaming it now:

Edit: The Strike

http://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

So, am I better off waiting to attempt the Raid at lvl 30?
    My hunter is within touching distance of lvl 28, but only have 3 legendaries, all primaries (vanquisher VIII, Strange Suspect and A.1F19X-Ryl)
    All Legendary armour equipped.

onlyTobes wrote: »
    So, am I better off waiting to attempt the Raid at lvl 30?
    My hunter is within touching distance of lvl 28, but only have 3 legendaries, all primaries (vanquisher VIII, Strange Suspect and A.1F19X-Ryl)
    All Legendary armour equipped.

The new Raid? Most definitely. I'd say 29 would be the bare bare minimum.

Ok, sooooo.....

The new max is 32 or 33?
    The gear for sale in the tower will take me to the new max?
    Will this same gear drop in the new raid? Or are the raid gear drops different?
    How do I get commendations?
    Is any particular gear set better than another, or is it just personal preference regarding the perks? (so I know what to work towards)

Answers on a postcard please! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The new max is 32 or 33?

No, will get you to 30 and a bit. **EDIT** Apparently it will get you to 31, but not sure on that.**END EDIT**

Different gear will drop from the RAID, and will get you to level 32.

Need to level up, vanguard, crucible, FWC etc.
    Is any particular gear set better than another, or is it just personal preference regarding the perks? (so I know what to work towards)

Raid and exotic gear are the best, and will get you to level 32, and there will be various stats etc you may want to get depending on how you play. BTW, get an exotic helmet, as the raid helmet will probably only drop on hard mode of the raid again.

Ok, sooooo.....

The new max is 32 or 33?

Answers on a postcard please! :pac:

New Max is 32.
    Tower gear will go to 31
    Raid gear will go to 32
    Commendations earned when ranking up a faction.
    New raid gear for new raid. VoG gear same as before.
    Work towards 30 min, 31 for the raid, then new improved RNGeesis will bless you with improved drop chance for raid gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-09-destiny-alert-this-weeks-nightfall-and-heroic-strikes-locked-behind-the-dark-below

Really snide carry on from Bungie, looking people out of Nightfall and Heroic Strikes unless they buy the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-09-destiny-alert-this-weeks-nightfall-and-heroic-strikes-locked-behind-the-dark-below

Really snide carry on from Bungie, looking people out of Nightfall and Heroic Strikes unless they buy the DLC.

Its just for the DLC ones, but its really crappy, either way. Apparently, non-dlc people will be able to play next week. The bigger issues is that they are locked out of some of the strike playlists. Common sense would dictate, creating a DLC and non-DLC playlists, as well as weekly/nightfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Doubt its from Bungie tbh...

I'd say the Activision overlords put a gun to their head and forced them... :(

Thanks for those answers solvableknave and wes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Fieldog wrote: »
    Doubt its from Bungie tbh...

I'd say the Activision overlords put a gun to their head and forced them... :(

I'd say it's Bungie. That is too low level a decision for Activision to be making. They aren't going to step in every time a playlist decision has to be made. I think it is just poorly thought out by Bungie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Usual suspects on tonight around 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just finished the Nightfall, that was difficult!

Got the Devil You Don't! Goes up to 331 attack.

• Advertisement

Short and all the DLC story is those missions were probably better than 99% of the main games story missions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement